Is not having an inner voice evidence that NPCs exist?

Because if this were really a video game, then our “functions” would be according to whatever the genre is. Is this an RPG? An FPS? A sidescroller platformer?

Also, you’d have to consider the gameplay mechanics, like stats and points and what not, as well as how many players the game will allow. If this were really a game, then the NPCs wouldn’t have sentience let alone awareness. That would be the player(s).

And NPCs don’t act on their own. They act only according to their programming. For example, if presented with the choice between wearing a blue shirt and a red shirt, an NPC will always choose the blue shirt without fail every time because that’s what it’s programmed to do. Us human beings aren’t guided by such things and can choose whichever shirt they want. Hell, they might choose neither!

We don’t have that shit going on, so that means we’re not in a video game.

And not having an inner voice doesn’t mean you’re not human, let alone a non-physical computer program created by humans beings for the purpose of creating a digital playscape that may or may not make money. It just means you don’t have an inner voice.

Pro-tip: search for posts featuring the word “reality” by former menber @anon31277086 - some very cool stuff there to consider.

I dunno, basic psychological experiments show that most humans have very little free will. The fact advertising exists on the scale it does, and is a multi-billion dollar industry, also supports that.

IMO some people can act sufficiently like NPCs that we don’t need to find a new term for them, for example I’m into using paper diaries and planners, it’s quite a big part of my life and way of doing things, and almost every YouTuber (NPC central) who posts about this has “bravely” “admitted” to buying stuff just because “influencers” said it was the must have thing.

It’s like there’s no internal agency, no personal taste or concept of WHY to make decisions, just monkey see, monkey do.

That heavy level of adherence to outside control is pretty frightening to see, especially because it seems not to stem from some core personal value system, just from what the voices outside their heads told them was “good” (a word they love to use, especially about food).

"lady on screen says buy. i will buy. it is good. i am good." 

:scream_cat:

8 Likes

Lol, NPC is meant to be used as a metaphor to describe a certain type of person whose lacking a soul, substance or certain qualities as an individual.

I’ve met plenty of people who have no awareness whatsoever. I’m taking about people who drift through life on autopilot. They never question anything and they follow the herd.

NPCs are the product of herd conformity. Their actions even when it comes down to what they’re wearing is based on what’s acceptable by the masses.

Never said we were living in a video game. Life is a game of sorts though.

You missed the point of the topic and the discussion. :joy:

4 Likes

In this case they would be like ai, which would mean they have a choice.

1 Like

Personally I think that it is not an npc thing, but that these types of people that @Lady_Eva described are just new/inexperienced souls. Meaning they have a surface level consciousness system because they have not had a lot of time for their souls and consciousness to grow.
That is just a theory so I don’t know how valid it is

2 Likes

Unfortunately that may just be due to the brain itself. Mankind has always been biologically geared towards sociability, otherwise they would not have survived.
Changes to the brain cause a change in consciousness, so some in the field of neuroscience use that as an argument against the soul, but consciousness is something far more base. The brain simply builds upon that consciousness and consciousness is reliant on our biological ‘hardware’ so to speak. So it’s possible that most people are simply that way due to their brains. If people weren’t as reliant on others throughout history then they likely wouldn’t have survived. The only issue now is that in modern times, it’s no longer required for survival for most people, although the brain still punishes isolation in most people.

4 Likes

This is so fascinating… & A few days ago I recall reading where someone couldn’t vision light and was asking advice on here. I wonder if they have no inner voice as well?

1 Like

A few years ago, I was reading Dolores Cannon & she believed in “backdrop people” I was thinking background people until I looked it up. :rofl:

2 Likes

Salesmen love to be sold. It’s strange how when one loves to dictate reality they also have a space where they love to be hypnotized. It’s like expanding consciousness to the point one gets power to influence also opens up it’s yin side and allows for greater depth to be influenced if one can go to that state.

It’s not always on the same axis but musicians feel music deeper when they listen and tastes usually evolve after learning to really play with feeling for this reason

In NLP they say “go there first” because it comes down to there being no difference between directing one’s mind and describing the state they’re being put in.

Sort of an Anima/Animus of will

2 Likes