Is love even real?

I think love is real but the most real and pure form is between a parent and their kid. I mean that’s what love looks like imo. As for romantic love? Idk I’m not too crazy about it. I’d rather be a single mom tbh but that’s not societally acceptable usually lol.

2 Likes

I hate one of my parents, that’s real love xD kidding but honestly I don’t believe in unconditional love. All love has a condition and a breaking point lol.

85% of my family don’t like me and i don’t like them, for me love is a curse, i want to feel it sometimes but i just have a hard feeling it.

1 Like

I only love some family members and dont care for others, love is kind of a serious thing for me so I don’t give it out on a whim no matter the type of love it is lol.

1 Like

Love is a rather vague word in the spiritual context. I think more in terms of the unity or interconnected of consciousness/all things not so much the romantic or platonic notions we have of it. Your ideas of it exist as experience but there is no fixed universal construct as such apart from the unity of existence. It’s as you define it basically. Most of what people eulogise is a kind of emotion, i.e. feeling pleasure to varying degrees from someone or something. It’s flexible. I like the “Shag Them All” worldview for my definition of love apart from oneness. So, I don’t think you’re an arsehole at all, quite the opposite actually.

1 Like

Same thing with “friends” they claim to love me but deep down they hate me.

How do you know they hate you deep down? are you capable of knowing how they feel deep down? did they tell you? or is this more of your pessimistic viewpoint?

I felt their hatred towards me and i overheard their conversation about me.

I ghosted them, i don’t want to waist my energy on them.

1 Like

don’t ghost . it creates animosity and enemies. just tell them direct you don’t want to be friends. be an adult. ghosting shows cowardice and immaturity. If they care, it will tear them apart. well, most people can’t handle ghosting. ghosting is never an option. Direct, clear , respectful communication face to face is best route.

1 Like

Since there are so many young people on this forum these days. Once upon a time you had to be at least 18 or older to be on here. Anyway because there are so many who are young and I wish I had known some of these things when I was young, I might not have made so many mistakes in life. Myself being on the cusp of generation X and the millennial have a unique perspective of life. Being able to remember the pop culture of the 80s when it was new and life before the internet yet being still young enough to become absorbed into the terrain of online life I’ve been privileged to be able to have a little of the best of both worlds. I can remember the innocence of the naive days when love was a fantasy seen in the media when men and women still believed in love and loved each other. Likewise I saw the transition unfold when Society became jaded and dissolutioned. Women began to hate men and men women and everyone started to become entitled to far more than they deserve and when that illusion fell hard it set them spiraling into the chaos of gender warfare. Nobody got anything they wanted but got what their behavior had earned them instead. Then everyone became depressed. So I’m going to post a few videos so that some of the wisdom of the past and the lessons learned don’t have to be so hard won by generation Z as they were for those who were driven mad by learning them the hard way. We fought a hard battle learning the things our parents didn’t need to know (because of how society was structured)and the things they were too busy with their hamster wheel rat race to teach us. I have high hopes for gen Z that they will be able to take all of the things learned and build upon it. Perhaps construct a world with living in.

This first video is to address the pitfalls of unrealistic expectations.

The reason why the situation in the first video happens…ever hear an older person say, “you don’t know what love is” well neither do they but the ancient Greeks figured some shit out.

Now this last video is about where I find myself now. Having been through enough, seen enough, and something Astarorh had recently told me, (which I will cover in another post) am discovering that being alone isn’t near as bad as an option as being in a relationship with someone produced by society’s insanity.

5 Likes

It is real but the chemical reaction dies down after the honey moon phase, the rest of the relationship will depend on what you and your partner have/don’t have In common, a shallow relationship won’t last on shallow things, one built on similar interests hobbies and philosophies will endure more

4 Likes

All I see is single moms in this world so I wouldn’t worry about what’s socially acceptable. But a lack of a masculine father figure is a huge problem with guys becoming more feminine in today’s society

1 Like

Are you a single mom?

Hold tight woman raise your children the way you see fit become strong and independent on your own :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I’m not. I’m trying to get a degree first before I have kids. Being a single mom used to be part of my plan but who knows what’s in store for the future. Plans change.

Well they say “it takes a village to raise a child” so I would have male mentors and stuff for my kids and they could see their dad, I’m not that selfish. But this is all theoretical, I’m still child free for now

Love is very real and takes many forms.

1 Like

It may even take the form of hate. =o) All depends on context/intent.

OK, just so you know, I’m a single dad and it’s much much harder than it was when I wasn’t single. If you really are planning on being a single mother as part of your life goal, (absolutely ridiculous ) go to a sperm bank, don’t ruin some poor guy’s life for no reason. Contrary to popular belief, some men actually do love their children some of them enough to the point that when they lose them they commit suicide. So don’t be selfish go to a sperm bank and do it that way. Don’t involve an innocent man who genuinely believe he’s going to have a family because that’s just cruelty.

2 Likes