Is it true that a crowley turned a poet into a camel?

Though all freemasonry in the world loves to popularise this, that they don’t involve with magic but the myths come majority of big and powerful magicians either they were freemasons/ they were in an occult group/society that their teachings came from masonry/ they learned things from occultist who were freemasons.

We all know aleister crowley spend if not all but bigger % of his lifetime learning and practicing magic. He won’t waste his several months/if not few years just to become A BETTER MAN, Seriously?? Whether the lodges he learned from were registered/not or they were not recognised by mainstream masons but still their teachings are MASONIC and that is what counts.

Whether he is considered a mason/not that doesn’t matter but the question is WHY A MAN WHO SPENT ENTIRE OF HIS LIFETIME LEARNING MAGIC TO WASTE TIME LEARNING 32 DEGREES OF MASONRY IF THERE ISN’T SOMETHING RELATED/HELPFUL IN HIS OCCULT STUDIES?

Secondly, Poke Runyon he is great magician we all know that but also he was a mason 32 degree mason. And he didn’t learned it only from one rite but he finished it on one rite and joined another rite and learned other things that were not on his previous rite.

Thirdly, Lon Milo Du Quette/something like that, if you read anthology of sorcery vol. 3 though the guy currently i don’t know if he is till a mason as in the book he says he is in other order but his article and the article of Frater X if you mix the two together raises a lot of question about masonry and occult.

Fourth EA Koetting I KNOW HE IS NOT A MASON but if you watch MASTERING EVOCATION COURSE he was once a member of The Sacred Order of the Son of God and he affirms it within the course that the teaching within that order they were passed down directly from FREEMASONS.

I know you will say FREEMASON DOES NOT TEACH ABOUT MAGIC BUT A MASON CAN PRACTICE MAGIC ON HIS OWN WILL, but al these serious and great magician apart from the list but also A. E WAITE they will not waste their time just to become A BETTER MAN!!

An Assignment for non masonry like i, Poke Runyon has a video on youtube where he evokes astarte to visible appearance, the goddess appears to the point she can be filmed on camera, something EA and majority of the magicians never show. Lon Milo Du Quette on his article on Anthology of sorcery Vol. 3 when they performed the exorcism on that girl the magician he was working with brought the spirit to the visible appearance till the girl could perceive it.

The point to note, magicians who mastered evocation and were freemasons could bring the spirit to visible appearance till you can film it on camera but the rest like EA, You and I we can evoke to the point ONLY with opened psychic senses could either see it/feel it.

Unless they say their teachings somehow are based on mysticism, somehow it can make a little sense but saying we are just meeting to socialize please give us a break!

You misinterpreted me. If someone who joins the Masons knows about the occult they will find numerous references to many occult things in Masonry. It is out there in plain sight. However, the other members have absolutely no idea of anything occult. Magick or the occult is not used in any of the ceremonies either. This is US and English Masonry. French lodge in other counties than in Europe seems to be different. I stayed in it to thd 32 degree Scottish Rite and I did all 10 degrees in the York Rite. Many occultists have probably joined like I did and stayed because they assumed it must be used at sometime. Sadly it is not.

1 Like

Make sure you are talking about US, English, and French Grand Lodge in Europe. I have been told in other countries Masonry is completely different. No one in this Masonry is taught anything occult or mystic, or Magick. You will see all the symbolism, but that is all.

1 Like

Also you can look up onlinevall of the Masonic ceremonies etc. The ones online are the exact things that youvwill hear and see in person. Technically a Mason can discuss all of that as long as he doesn’t tell the hand signs etc. For each degree. Although they are online also.

1 Like

Why didn’t you just join the Golden Dawn or a Thelamtite Order? I’m sorry I’m just curious. Could have just jumped straight to the source. The masons, although they have more money and influence, have that hierarchical system in place precisely to keep pearls away from swine in there eyes. Not much different from the educated priesthood in many past societies hoarding knowledge that only they deem themselves worthy of. Plus there plenty of books on ceremonial magick out there already that you could initiate yourself directly through the spirts with.

1 Like

I started with Ceremonial Magick over 50 years ago. Besides some books there was not any Magick groups to join. I assume they were there, but no one had any idea that they still existed. This was before Chaos Magick etc. I did not join the Masons until 20 years ago.
Ceremonial Magick and Thelema or Golden Dawn (most Golden Dawn off shoots turned very Christian) are interested in raising human and are much more mysticism than Magick. The idea of using Magick (Demons, Angels) to get a head in this life is much more than frowned upon. You call up demons to make them subservient to your will, but it was considered black magic to use Magick to get money or women or whatever. That is what Crowley talks about when hecsays a black magician. You are only supposed to use magick in dire straights to complete the ‘Great Work’. That is why Crowley did not like Austin Osman Spare (the creator of chaos magick).

There is nothing secret to find in Masonry. It is all out in the open on the internet. People believe that there has to be something there. I have been up at the top it isnt there. It is just old conservative mens club.

When I was made a Master Mason this is what happened. The three of us were waiting ouside the chamber with 3 or 4 older Masons. I was psyched beyond belief. The older Masons started a fart contest in the small room with us. You can imagine how my mood went from elation to disgust. The Master Mason degree is the 3rd degree and last in regular Masonry. Then you can join Scottish and York Rite.

Yes but you can still go through all that and do your own side projects on your using the knowledge you gain there. This is what a GD member told me when he invited to me join a local chapter once. He said you can still do all the stuff you mentioned but just not to tell anyone. He certainly did lol. You just have respect the rules in place just like going to church even if you don’t believe them personally or disagree. Now I wasn’t on board with that myself so I looked for other options and was able to find alternate places to learn like BALG. That’s not to say it can’t be done though.

A current mason I knew in old group I was in said indirectly that he was being initialed and trained in something that sounded like Kabbalistic pathworking. He claimed it wasn’t magick and got very angry at the insinuation. Despite this he joined several groups I was in trying learn about it though and seem to know alot more than he was letting on. Maybe it’s only certain lodges or orders that practice something that might be labeled as magick I don’t know

Not everyone wants to work towards the betterment of mankind and I don’t think there anything wrong with that. People lie, cheat, steal, manipulate, charm, flatter, exaggerate etc… using whatever is at there disposal and most of which is not magickal. I don’t see how asking a spirt to help you achieve the same goal is wrong when there are 10 other people lying on there resume, cooking the books, or flirting there way through interviews. The world is unequal place and some people will always have more than other people. Why shouldn’t they try evening the odds?

Either do I. 50 years ago it was the only game in town.

1 Like

People have insinuated to me that Masonry ouside of the US and Europe is very different.

Could be but the guy in question was from Virginia I think.

Yeah, this has been pretty refreshing to see Crowley depicted in a respectful light. He truly suffered in the latter years of his pioneering, as well as hearing voices and facing the emotional backlash that comes from initiating others onto advancement of occultism. Initiating others has never been taken into public consideration as the enormous task and responsibility that it actually always was. Everyone here who has been working towards the normalization of and improvement of occult philosophy in practice, with regard to public access and opinion, has done the world a service. It’s not an easy task to take this on ourselves at all.

1 Like

I too am a master mason as well as a rosicrucian postulant. Ive worked through the grades of golden dawn on my own. I’m self-initiated into the multiplicties of occult practices from arouns the globe. It’s serious around here brother or sister. From my point of view, there’s absolutely occultism involved with masonry, because it’s secretive and there are multiple rites of passage associated with the degree work. Everything is freemasonry when it comes to secretive orders and societies. There’s always been esotericism involved with that which has been presented through exotericism. It’s for the seeker to find answers to the questions he or she might have. It’s that simple, and you don’t find mysticism without finding s master masonry advocate somewhere closeby.

1 Like

Well the USA,uk.french have different levels on masons Martini order order Gnostic ,in branches if you are a 32 mason it’s not the same as a martin or Gnostic knight rose etc,sources,a author we ho I pm for years,not the same a USA/ uk mason .to a French .way too different,

The thing is some lodges are

1 Like