Is it possible?

Would it be possible to trade places with a spirit? Meaning, you have that spirit take over your body and live out your life while you stay in the etheric plane? Just curious on this topic.

1 Like

No.

That’s what @anon84896414 keeps going on about, so look up his dozens of posts on the subject.

3 Likes

Permanently? No.

Can you possess a spirit? I would argue yes, much like how a spirit can possess you. However, you are not completely separated from the body during that process.

2 Likes

Why not? There’s always dissociative identity disorder. Psychologists seem to think that it can be done in the physical plane.

Technically speaking, if you get killed while under posession then that was the rest of your life.

The idea is just shy of suicide though. Maybe they’re right. No sane spirit would buy a sinking ship. So you’re really asking if you can go permanently insane.

1 Like

It is called a soul exchange. Yes you can. Usually happens during sleep and near death experiences. Soul leaves the body and the new soul replaces it

1 Like
1 Like

No, soul to body there’s a sense of compatibility that is required (imo and experience) a random soul cannot enter just any body and make it its own and an entity as far as I know isn’t going to trade lives with you, mainly because if they want to experience a new life they’d start from the beginning not from the hypothetical mess a person left behind from escapism for them to clean up.

As for possessing etheric beings, yes it’s possible, but it’s not permanent and just like we can kick their asses out if they attempt possession they can do the same and taking in their plane is a somewhat looser density than ours to a point energy is tangible among other things, you’ll probably regret trying to possess something without permission lol.

An ex friend had a near death experience and he came back to where he was sharing his body with a ghoul the ghoul got stuck and over the years they bonded and due to him being the conscious aspect the ghoul had developed some form of common sense/capability of thought to a degree, after that he asked me to help them “merge” and I did.

2 Likes

I know many walk ins. Though usually this agreement takes places before physical birth with a soul who is compatible with the body. I know a story about a monk who came to someone in spirit and asked for his body. Then he pulled him out and traded places. Also i know a story of a person who was astral projecting and his body was killed in a fire. Then he took the body of a lady in a hospital.

1 Like

Given the nature of the astral that story doesn’t exactly mean it actually happened.

1 Like

From what i remember he was trying to get back to his body but found it was dead. So it’s possible hr found that girl’s body in the physical layer. The girl’s soul did not return to her body

1 Like