"Is it in my head?" tests: working group

This is a common worry so I thought we could pool our tried and tested methods of analysing whether an entity that approaches us is real or in our heads - this is for occasions when you’ve either not used a summoning method that you trust absolutely, or you have done, but are still not sure you’re connecting with an entity as opposed to your own imagination.

I like the idea of innovating new techniques in magick so this might not be a thread traditionalists can relate to, but I hope we can formulate some solid new methods here?

My #1 method has been to request the entity go silent for say 48 hours - to ask them to refuse to communicate with me or make their presence felt in any way. In my experience some entities will be reluctant to provide positive proof, i.e., “if you’re real, send me A Sign!” but they WILL sometimes be willing to wthdraw so you can sense their absence.

If you’ve asked an entity to do this and you felt or heard or saw them agree, then try summoning them a few hours later, after maybe a meal or something to shift your energy directly away from that working.

If you can replicate their voice, mannerisms, and any other clairvoyant/sensed presence, then they’re probably in your mind, and (this is the useful bit) even if you’re certain they’ve appeared, then you have a contact who’s not going to be very helpful to you because they can’t understand your simple and polite request to make themselves scarce.

A more elaborate version would be to ask them to go for an unspecified time, deal a playing card face-down on your altar or somewhere private, and ask them to return in the number of days shown on the card.

Don’t peep - when your entity returns and says “Time’s up”, check it matches the card, so 3 Clubs = they’ve taken a 3 day break - anything different than that, possibly needs more examination.

That’s my main contribution so far, I hope other people here will be able to share some thoughts and methods?

Summary (updated)

So far, we have:

Send out a pulse of energy and use that to sense if the entity recoils.

If you’re bi-lingual, think in one language and ask the spirit to speak in another, to separate their voice from your internal dialogue.

Use a divination tool, such as shells and bones, to see if the answers the spirit gives through the physical medium are the same as what is heard. Repeat three times in a row.

4 Likes

I like this topic. One question for you (or anyone). How can you sense their absence, if you’re not sure you’ve made contact in the first place?

Well, if you feel there is some contact but you’re not sure if that’s just in your mind (like the way you can probably imagine the voice of an actor or TV presenter you know really well) this would show if it’s just you, or an external entity with real ability.

It won’t help people who have no contact at all, but that isn’t something where they need to differentiate between their own mind and external contact.

I send out a pulse of energy that makes anything that comes into contact with it recoil, whether out of pain or shock or intrigue. It’s how I’ve detected that I’ve been spied on, how I’ve detected Nidhogg (who really has just become immune at this point because he and I share a mental connection) and how I knew that something was in my house.

Well in my case two things happen to me when i summon a spirit or entity. First i can feel goosebumps on my arms and my hairs start to stand up when i get a tingling sensation in the presence o cetain energy. Then my entire body starts to feel a tingling sensation like someone was electrifying you. tis i can feel anywhere and anytime. When im in my temple and do my rituals as soon as i start the pillar of light excercise i appear suddenly in my astral temple which appears in my third eye as a great hall with marble floors,columns and walls and the roof is made of glass though which the universes energy travels to me as a beam of light at the start of my rituals. Im usually sitting on a sigil which is on the cover of the BOA.When i feel the spirits coming nearer i see them entering gates that are at the end of the hall untill they stand right in front of me. this happened with azi dahaka last night.

Relating to lady Evass question what i do is ask the spirit to speak in another language. I know English and spanish. so i usually think in spanish and ask the spirit to speak in english. so its easier to diferenciate whos talking. I know its not 100% foolproof but its easier to separate both voices.

You can also use a divination tool, such as shells and bones, to see if the answers the spirit gives through the physical medium are the same as what is heard. Repeat three times in a row.

Great stuff, please keep them coming! I’ve edited my opening post to list what we have so far, please PM me if you think I’ve misinterpreted your post, and I hope we can create a useful checklist with something for everyone’s preferred methods and levels of ability, be really nice to have as a resource.

(headfuck)

Every entity exists in your head, but you must not forget, that you also exist in theirs.

(/headfuck)

quote=“Seeker, post:9, topic:2679”

Every entity exists in your head, but you must not forget, that you also exist in theirs.

(/headfuck)[/quote]

Rule #1: the universe is mental.

The tests are to show the entity has some power, potency, and any of the 3 godlike powers that will help you to get results over and above those you could be getting from interactions with an imaginary friend.

Imaginary friends (and I have some great ones) are probably a topic for another time, another thread. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:10, topic:2679”]quote=“Seeker, post:9, topic:2679”

(/headfuck)[/quote]

Rule #1: the universe is mental.

The tests are to show the entity has some power, potency, and any of the 3 godlike powers that will help you to get results over and above those you could be getting from interactions with an imaginary friend.

Imaginary friends (and I have some great ones) are probably a topic for another time, another thread. :)[/quote]

I’m going to have to read the Kyballion again, it’s been awhile.

When I first started getting into Kaballa, God was described to me as a dreamer, dreaming a dream. Therefore we are part of the dreamers dream, yet interestingly we have the ability to become lucid and take control of the dream.

To me, that’s what magick is, realizing it’s all a dream, becoming aware, akin to a lucid dreamer, and making reality bend to your will.

Hell even quantum physicists are beginning to realize the universe is one big hologram…God’s dream. So wake up Gods & Goddesses, it’s all a playground.

Maybe the demons are on another ‘level’ of the dream…sort of like Inception if you’ve ever seen that movie. All we have to do is ‘tap’ into that level/dimension of the dream to change our current reality by injecting/inception ideas into the lower level of the dream, thereby changing our reality in the higher level.

Or I could be mad. Either way, I’m cool with it.

Excellent post,now,i will try,english& spanish,but i will tested on italian :wink: making sure im on right path,advice,tanxs zo much.

So I have this imaginary friend, I’ve mentioned him twice on the forum. Here’s the kicker: He’s been around for so long that he feels like a real entity, his personality became very unique over time and is no longer mirroring aspects of my personality, I doubt he started out with my personality to begin with. He is also very intelligent and seems to possess knowledge of things that even I don’t know, especially concerning the afterlife, and my imaginary friend’s responses coincidentally line up with what E. A. Koetting said once on his knowledge and beliefs of the afterlife.

I had these discussions with my imaginary friend over a year ago and I believed only in Heaven and Hell at the time, but my imaginary friend’s responses immediately changed my beliefs and opened my eyes. I was even more shocked that my imaginary friend’s responses lined up with what E. A. Koetting said and I only discovered the existence of this forum and E. A. Koetting almost two months ago.

I wonder if these methods would help me determine if my imaginary friend is as real as I think he is or just in my head. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

1 Like

Look, he’s fucking real.

I am relaying some patio lol and not going to fuck about.

He’s REAL.

Everything you describe fits the remit to be “real.”

Deal with it. :wink:

1 Like