Is It Easier to Curse or Heal?

I’m a fan of well roundedness. Know your light and dark, left and right, yourself and your outward target, etc.

In that vein, I currently labor under the impression that if one wants to be adept at healing, then one should also learn how to curse, and vice versa.

In your experience, is it easier to curse or to heal? Have you found them to be two sides of the same coin, or completely separate?

I’m going to use the analogy of a building. If I build a building, it will take me a long time. I will have to get all the supplies, and all the tools necessary, and all the time needed. And after all this I have a building. However, all it takes is one Muslim with a bomb to blow it up, and I don’t have a very structurally sound building, if I have one left at all. Yes, I can rebuild it, but it will still take time.

It is always easier to destroy and to tear down than it is to build up, create and heal. Cursing will always be easier than healing, that’s just a fact.

I would say that a healer should know about all manners of cursing so that they can know how to defend, reverse, and heal any damage made by a curse and so that they can teach others. But, a healer doesn’t necessarily have to have cursed to know about them.

I find energy vampirism to be the exact opposite side of the coin to energy healing. Whereas healing is putting energy in someone, vampirism is taking it out. A curse and a blessing would be composite sides of the coin, one manifests negative energy in the life of your target, one manifests positive energy in the life of your target.

4 Likes

[quote=“Salpinx, post:1, topic:6350”]I’m a fan of well roundedness. Know your light and dark, left and right, yourself and your outward target, etc.

In that vein, I currently labor under the impression that if one wants to be adept at healing, then one should also learn how to curse, and vice versa.

In your experience, is it easier to curse or to heal? Have you found them to be two sides of the same coin, or completely separate?[/quote]

Depends on the type of curse or healing spell.

I’ve cast more healing spells than curses,but I’ve had more effective curses than healing spells.

Of the curses,two were aimed at muggers that had crossed paths with me,and the results had been confirmed to me by the scary voice of Samael,and Bael.One of them,was sick,and dying,and I believe he passed away.The other one,was in an accident,but thankfully survived,and had a ‘‘change of heart’’ so to speak,because now he runs a small shop where he helps his mom sell clothes,instead of smoking all day and mugging.

The first curse that I ever cast,however,was when I was seven,and it was an evil eye.I had huge envy problems with a boy that I knew,and willed he die,gazing upon him with spite,feeling the darkness flee my eyes.I haven’t reproduced that curse since,however,at that age,I had discovered Sufi mysticism,and had isolated myself for that Summer and meditated.

In September,when I came back in the world,I discovered that that boy had died,in a kayak accident.At that point,I felt a sinking feeling.At the time,I thought that connecting visualization to death,cause to effect was ludicrous,but now it makes so much sense.I did grow,because without him,I became so much more,and I was practically drained of envy.I can still get jealous,over some things,like a girl I like flirting with another guy,but that’s jealousy,not envy,and there is a huge difference.

In the passing year,I accepted the death and grew past it.He did not deserve to die,that was pointless,envy(comparing yourself to other people in general!) is pointless,and it’s still a touchy subject for me.

Healing spells,I perform many of them,constantly,and I love them.

Now as for which one is easier,I do think that knowing how to heal is more important than knowing how to curse,because there’s usually a better way to solve something than with baneful magick.

The police could’ve stopped those muggers,and letting go would’ve stopped the envy.And a simple binding spell could’ve been applicable to both!

So find your strong suit,and do with it as you please.

1 Like

In the martial arts, a true Master is one who can heal a bone, just as well as break one. Some people are more naturally inclined towards one or the other, but it is necessary to have knowledge of both to truly be powerful.

1 Like

You can learn to kill in the Healing Arts. Do not even try to do any Death Spells unless you can exercise a significant amount of power to even “affect change” which would lead towards a death. Present within the Healing process is the Generation and Attainment of Power. Outside of ones self there are many ways to attain power as well. It is generally easier to Heal and keep strong, then you really do not have to worry about curses. Most people are not strong spiritually though.

There are some people that are stronger energetically than some spiritual grandmasters and covens as they are born like that or went through some process to accumulate a massive amount of power. So working against someone can be a tricky process, especially if they have a ridiculously strong energy field all your curses will just rebound or fizzle out.

4 Likes

I would say it’s far easier to destroy than build. However, as other have said, it all depends on how much you put in there. I had an extreme success in cursing, later on any curse was not working, however, never had any success with healing. The best results were when I literally was putting myself into it to the point I had a headaches after the rites… the results were astonishing… but since when I started to overthink and just doing it with no full force… it all disappeared…

However, I agree. People should grow equally on both sides. Only in that way you will understand your full potential. And, as other said, you can have more skills to perform one or another magic, in case, you have no moral objectives about cursing.

With healing you build momentum of a poisitive field and it becomes easy. Cursing can seem easy at first until it fails and crashes do to the fact that a target had a superior energy field that is deflecting or destroying everythjng you throw at him as his osn field is healing him perpetually.

1 Like

This is generally why I find cursing pretty useless, infantile, and definitely dangerous. If you come across a situation like this, you can rightly expect that such an interaction is, at best, a huge waste of energy and, in most cases, an invitation for more of what led to you trying to curse someone in the first place. If a person has enemies, maybe they might want to focus on creating a life where they are rather free of enemies, or immune to enemy influence.

I can’t honestly say that knowing how to “curse” is well-rounded simply because it appears to be the opposite of healing. In order to be well-rounded as an individual in general, you gotta actually live a life that is level and under relatively decent control. I don’t see how cursing people aids to that more than it possibly violates that, as cursing anyone but people who are already extremely weak is something that definitely invites chaos and, at best, distractions to leading an evolutionary life. And if you’re just cursing weak people, then you might be a psychopath, just maybe.

Easier to curse or heal?

Think of it this way. Is it easier to knock over a vase and smash it into a million pieces (cursing), or is it easier to pick up the broken pieces and glue them back together? (healing)

1 Like

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:10, topic:6350”]Easier to curse or heal?

Think of it this way. Is it easier to knock over a vase and smash it into a million pieces (cursing), or is it easier to pick up the broken pieces and glue them back together? (healing)[/quote]

Well, while this may be the case for a small vase, not everything is a small vase and not every break is complete or even highly damaging. If you got some of those priceless vases that are like 300 lbs, it can take considerably more to break that thing to pieces. Moreover, if it is just missing a small piece, or is cracked on one area, it can take just 30 seconds to glue that shit together, and paint over the crack as if it were brand-new.

Then of course you got stone statues, obelisks, and things that are even harder to break or bend like steel. It’s definitely case-by-case, and the consequences of trying to break something get substantially more risky as you go along. Even breaking the little vase can result in a person getting cut by the broken shards.

This is a good analogy. If you were to try to curse someone that has massive spiritual power (they would be that large obelisk thats tough to break even if tipping over), and their power was used to heal themselves and keep themselves healthy… Then not only would your curse fail, but it could also rebound…to where hoh are actually hurting/breaking yourself trying to curse someone else.

Ive seem this happen especially on many a forum shere a bunch of christians or sata ists coming around with their curse/prayer variant, only to go up against forces that completely wreck them. You dont know whats out there.

Well yeah, this may be true if you go blindly throwing curses at people without first researching that person but that’s a pretty rookie move IMO.

An adept would not approach a curse like that. An adept would first get to know his/her target including using divination and asking their guardians and familiars to scope the target out before hand, finding out if the other person is secretly involved in magick (if you don’t already know that about the person), finding out if the target is protected by ancestors, familiars and guardians of their own, or even if the person is not a magician but maybe they know some very powerful people that can shield the target and reflect the attack back at the magician creating it.

So what I’m saying is that anyone who is experienced enough to know that being cautious is crucial, would know not to go throwing curses at people without doing prior research. Sometimes the most powerful and dangerous magicians can look like the nice church-going old lady from up the street, whereas those goth looking wannabe vampire kids that actually dress the part and scare the hell out of everyone that walks past them usually can’t even do the most basic forms of magick.

So technically, if you know your target it is easier to curse that person than it is to go picking up the shattered pieces of your own psyche and your own health as a result of cursing someone that is more experienced than you are, someone who threw the curse back at you ten times over when you were least expecting it. You are speaking as if every magician just curses without thinking and ends up discovering what damage has been done after it’s too late. For those people, yeah it would be harder to heal than to curse because they didn’t first research their target to see what they’d be up against.

But for those who do research, either option could go smoothly because that magician, if the tables are reversed and someone else is trying to curse them, they could have some powerful ‘return to sender’ shields in place and also be working with familiars that will tell them what kind of curse was attempted on them, so they will know exactly what kind of spell to use to heal themselves if need be.

I just think its funny =)

I know many have made this point before,but your average Joe and Mike the plumber have entire courts of spirits watching over them.Like,Mike may be Christian,and thus protected by St VIncent Ferrer,patron saint of plumbers,along with his ancestors,and power animal,etc.

So getting past them is something that should be done.Of course,the Powers of Darkness and its respective gods are very versed in that,and most curses come from them,but if I were to place a hex with Unseelie fay(which would be an interesting experiment) or the elements even or some other force,I’d need to manually contact his ancestors,and convince them not to protect him or whatever.

Also,curses are very messy business,and are to be used only when absolutely necessary.If you have as big of a conscience as I have,chances are you’ll not only think twice before cursing,but you’ll rethink it 17 times,after which you won’t wanna place the hex,unless it’s something serious.

Seriously,look at where I might need to curse.If there were a bully in my school(which hasn’t happened yet,cause I’m just that charismatic,and/or simply not looking for fights),then simply consulting an authority figure seems like a good idea.Getting Bael to help you be protected,is also a good idea.And a good binding spell would do the trick.

But someplaces,authority figures can’t do much.And those are the places where baneful magic was used.

So,I think we’re all underestimating cursing to some degree,because it is certainly one of the hardest kinds of spells to cast.And it’s the harest one to forget about,the hardest one to do safely,wherein nothing bounces back on you.

Curses are dangerous,but are they easier or harder to place than to remove?Well,that’s a subject of debate.

Remember Jesus will protect you =p. I am a bit curious as to why he gathers so much negativr attention

Well yeah, this may be true if you go blindly throwing curses at people without first researching that person but that’s a pretty rookie move IMO.

An adept would not approach a curse like that. An adept would first get to know his/her target including using divination and asking their guardians and familiars to scope the target out before hand, finding out if the other person is secretly involved in magick (if you don’t already know that about the person), finding out if the target is protected by ancestors, familiars and guardians of their own, or even if the person is not a magician but maybe they know some very powerful people that can shield the target and reflect the attack back at the magician creating it.

So what I’m saying is that anyone who is experienced enough to know that being cautious is crucial, would know not to go throwing curses at people without doing prior research. Sometimes the most powerful and dangerous magicians can look like the nice church-going old lady from up the street, whereas those goth looking wannabe vampire kids that actually dress the part and scare the hell out of everyone that walks past them usually can’t even do the most basic forms of magick.

So technically, if you know your target it is easier to curse that person than it is to go picking up the shattered pieces of your own psyche and your own health as a result of cursing someone that is more experienced than you are, someone who threw the curse back at you ten times over when you were least expecting it. You are speaking as if every magician just curses without thinking and ends up discovering what damage has been done after it’s too late. For those people, yeah it would be harder to heal than to curse because they didn’t first research their target to see what they’d be up against.

But for those who do research, either option could go smoothly because that magician, if the tables are reversed and someone else is trying to curse them, they could have some powerful ‘return to sender’ shields in place and also be working with familiars that will tell them what kind of curse was attempted on them, so they will know exactly what kind of spell to use to heal themselves if need be.[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying here, but it’s not exactly what I am getting at. My main thing with cursing is that, unless your motivations are somewhat petty, there are, at least in 90% of cases, solutions that are far more non-threatening and complete to the problem that might motivate a curse. It’s not so much of taking the time to research who you are cursing that I am questioning. I’m pretty sure people do that in most cases, so in this sense I do not think that this sort of “blind” action is invested in during at least 75% of cursing attempts. When I refer to blind cursing, I talk more so about people not taking honest time to assess their own personal motivations for cursing people, and really taking the time to figure out if that mode of action is the best way to do it.

Let’s face it, the people who are subject to cursing are not very likely to be practiced magicians themselves. As such, many people are looking to curse individuals who have no active command of their own personal forces, even if they are powerfully working for that person. So when I look at a situation where a person is looking to curse, I am asking myself, “What is their problem?” In these situations, there are two groups: The group of people who are looking to remove or protect themselves from a perceived threat, and the psychopaths. The second group can fuck off, and we don’t gotta worry about them because they will beat their own ass. But the first group… this is the one that honestly has to do some serious assessment of their own personal motivation.

If, for example, a person is getting bullied at school, or at work or at insert the social arena, is it really the best course of action to just curse the person or group of people bullying the individual? Has that person taken the time to think about whether or not the problem is just those people, or if it’s a problem with them being marks for bullies in general? Have they taken the time to assess their own personal feelings of self-worth, and whether or not they are actually bullying themselves through their own internal self-assessments?

To me, with magick in general, it has a lot more to do with the person who is operating, and minimally to do with the perceived outside. So a person goes cursing things like bullies, and then they find themselves suffering without knowing why. Now we have looked at the idea of this being due to the protection that targets have, but what if the person who is cursing doesn’t realize that they are unwittingly a target of their own curse? Aren’t many people who are bullied hounded by a cadre of self-defeating thoughts that make them easy pickings for outside bullies? Aren’t those thoughts and internal ideas bullies themselves, and since they are things that are created and fed by what you accept, aren’t you your own bully, and perhaps your own biggest bully in the particular situation, and in other bullying situations in general?

So when I am talking about a stone statue or a 300 lb vase, I am talking more so about the weight of the problem itself. But if that problem is attached to things that are 90% self-created, and a person just goes smashing it thinking that it’s an external problem, what’s liable to be the consequence of that? That’s the type of thing I am talking about with the danger of cursing more so than worrying about the protection of others being against you.

In consideration of that, I figure it would be a lot smarter to root out what is causing a particular situation in the first place, rather than honing in a one specific manifestation of a problem. It’s like disease: cursing seems like a method of treating symptoms, but rarely is that symptom the entirety of the disease itself. If I am being bullied, I wouldn’t give a shit about this one bully or group of bullies if I am just going to be bullied again. I’d much rather make myself immune to bullying, and change whatever personal configuration that attracts bullies to me. This, in my honest experience, is WAY easier and way more complete of a solution than cursing some clowns.

So as a solution-based modality, I can’t ever really recommend it. This is why I feel that, if a person is trying to curse, there are underlying desires for revenge, to see those who “wronged” you hurt. Now people are free to feel what they want, but those motives are just asking for more problems. And as a magician, where I feel it is extremely important for individuals to take personal responsibility for everything goes on in their life, those type of motives don’t really appear to aid in empowering consciousness of personal accountability.

That’s just my opinion, of course. People will do what they are going to do, but that’s just my take on cursing.

1 Like

Amazing