I wanted the fame, but not the cover of Newsweek
Oh, well, guess beggars can’t be choosey
Wanted to receive attention for my music
Wanted to be left alone in public. Excuse me
For wanting my cake and eat it too, and wanting it both ways
Fame made me a balloon 'cause my ego inflated
When I blew; see, but it was confusing
’Cause all I wanted to do is be the Bruce Lee of loose leaf
Abused ink, used it as a tool when I blew steam (wooh!)
Hit the lottery, oh wee
But with what I gave up to get it was bittersweet
It was like winning a used mink
Ironic 'cause I think I’m getting so huge I need a shrink
I’m beginning to lose sleep: one sheep, two sheep
Going cuckoo and cooky as Kool Keith
But I’m actually weirder than you think
’Cause I’m

[Hook - Rihanna:]
I’m friends with the monster that’s under my bed
Get along with the voices inside of my head
You’re trying to save me, stop holding your breath
And you think I’m crazy, yeah, you think I’m crazy

Well, that’s nothing
Well, that’s nothing

[Verse 2 - Eminem:]
Now, I ain’t much of a poet but I know somebody once told me
To seize the moment and don’t squander it
’Cause you never know when it all could be over tomorrow
So I keep conjuring, sometimes I wonder where these thoughts spawn from
(Yeah, pondering’ll do you wonders.
No wonder you’re losing your mind the way it wanders.)
Yoda-loda-le-hee-hoo
I think it went wandering off down yonder
And stumbled on 'ta Jeff VanVonderen
’Cause I need an interventionist
To intervene between me and this monster
And save me from myself and all this conflict
’Cause the very thing that I love’s killing me and I can’t conquer it
My OCD’s conking me in the head
Keep knocking, nobody’s home, I’m sleepwalking
I’m just relaying what the voice in my head’s saying
Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just friends with the

Well, that’s nothing
Well, that’s nothing

[Verse 3 - Eminem:]
Call me crazy but I have this vision
One day that I’d walk amongst you a regular civilian
But until then drums get killed and I’m coming straight at
MC’s, blood get spilled and I’ll
Take you back to the days that I’d get on a Dre track
Give every kid who got played that
Pumped up feeling and shit to say back
To the kids who played him
I ain’t here to save the fucking children
But if one kid out of a hundred million
Who are going through a struggle feels it and then relates that’s great
It’s payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
Straw into gold chump, I will spin Rumpelstiltskin in a haystack
Maybe I need a straightjacket, face facts
I am nuts for real, but I’m okay with that
It’s nothing, I’m still friends with the

[2x]

Well, that’s nothing
Well, that’s nothing

1 Like

No.

3 Likes

Best possible answer.

3 Likes

No. Just seems like one of those songs written to make you think it has a hidden meaning when it really doesn’t. By the way, I hate that fucking song. LOL

4 Likes

I’m gonna sound like a complete idiot if I ask,but who’s Eminem?

2 Likes

Really? Oh wow.

He is a white male rapper, his real name is Marshall Mathers and he comes from Detroit Michigan U.S. He sometimes sings about ghetto criminal shit, but most of his songs are just immature like singing about killing his wife Kim and stuffing her in the trunk, throwing her body over a bridge then later making a similar song talking about how a supposed fan thought his videos were based on real life, so the fan (Stan) followed in Eminem’s footsteps and killed his wife in real life. Look him up on youtube. Some of his older songs from the Slim Shady LP and the Marshall Mathers LP are quite annoyingly catchy.

Cuz I’m a criminal
Every time I write a rhyme
these people act like it’s a crime
to tell em what’s on my mind
cuz I’m a criminal
I ain’t gotta say a word
I just flip em the bird
and keep goin
I don’t take shit from no one

or something like that…LOL been a long time. I only listen to a very small amount of rap and only once in a blue moon like Twista, Bone Thugs, 2Pac, Kottonmouth Kings. But usually rap annoys me. I admit That I went thru a very long ICP and Twiztid phase as a teenager but metal just kept calling my name. But, one of my older brothers kept slipping me rock & metal cds when I was like 8 and he was like, here listen to this, this is what real music is, just don’t tell mom she’ll flip out on me because there’s cussing on that cd. LOL, big brother corruption.

3 Likes

Really? Oh wow.

He is a white male rapper, his real name is Marshall Mathers and he comes from Detroit Michigan U.S. He sometimes sings about ghetto criminal shit, but most of his songs are just immature like singing about killing his wife Kim and stuffing her in the trunk, throwing her body over a bridge then later making a similar song talking about how a supposed fan thought his videos were based on real life, so the fan (Stan) followed in Eminem’s footsteps and killed his wife in real life. Look him up on youtube. Some of his older songs from the Slim Shady LP and the Marshall Mathers LP are quite annoyingly catchy.

Cuz I’m a criminal
Every time I write a rhyme
these people act like it’s a crime
to tell em what’s on my mind
cuz I’m a criminal
I ain’t gotta say a word
I just flip em the bird
and keep goin
I don’t take shit from no one

or something like that…LOL been a long time. I only listen to a very small amount of rap and only once in a blue moon like Twista, Bone Thugs, 2Pac, Kottonmouth Kings. But usually rap annoys me. I admit That I went thru a very long ICP and Twiztid phase as a teenager but metal just kept calling my name. But, one of my older brothers kept slipping me rock & metal cds when I was like 8 and he was like, here listen to this, this is what real music is, just don’t tell mom she’ll flip out on me because there’s cussing on that cd. LOL, big brother corruption.[/quote]

Oh…I don’t like rap.I didn’t know.Not too fond of metal either.Then again,tastes in music,are subjective.We’re not all heavy metal black magicians…

Arcane, are you more into country, pop, alternative, and some oldies? One of those who likes a bit of everything as long as it’s not repetitive and ear screeching loud?

I don’t care what anyone says, oldies music is the shit! Something about those classic songs just reels me in like a fishing pole. Especially Etta James “At Last”. I get chills every time I hear it, very beautifully written.

Maybe it’s because I am obsessed with 50’s to 70’s culture and I sometimes wish I was alive back then. I swear I had a previous life sometimes, I feel such a deep connection with objects, fashions, and media from those time periods and get a sense of deja vu like I am obsessed with that time frame because I lived in it in a previous life. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Another great classic or two:
The Spinners "Could It Be I’m Falling In Love"
The Drifters “Upon The Roof” and “Under The Boardwalk”

I’m such a nerd. I have the complete metal head look. Tattoos, piercings, black nail polish, metal band shirts, tons of jewelry, and button pins on my purse with Jack Skellington, Mad Hatter, Skelanimals. I look so out of place to people when they see me listening to Percy Sledge or Fats Domino, LOL.

I’m not a metal head either, noooo! I’ll do my own screaming, thankyou very muchly. Music, for me, needs melody, the kind that leads me down the winding paths of wandering keys. I don’t know where I’m going, but I know who’s taking me there. I digress.
I think there has been so much levelled at the likes of Eminem and Rhi, about Illuminati, demonic possession et al, that perhaps they are latching on to dark themes in their songs, because of the publicity it generates. Xtian fanatics,like that dude with the annoying Canadian accent, who has been mentioned one too many times on this forum, are unbeknowingly playing right into the hands of those whom they seek to denounce!
I preferred Eminem, when he was blonde. I thought “Stan” was poetically brilliant.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:8, topic:5632”]Arcane, are you more into country, pop, alternative, and some oldies? One of those who likes a bit of everything as long as it’s not repetitive and ear screeching loud?

I don’t care what anyone says, oldies music is the shit! Something about those classic songs just reels me in like a fishing pole. Especially Etta James “At Last”. I get chills every time I hear it, very beautifully written.

Maybe it’s because I am obsessed with 50’s to 70’s culture and I sometimes wish I was alive back then. I swear I had a previous life sometimes, I feel such a deep connection with objects, fashions, and media from those time periods and get a sense of deja vu like I am obsessed with that time frame because I lived in it in a previous life. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Another great classic or two:
The Spinners "Could It Be I’m Falling In Love"
The Drifters “Upon The Roof” and “Under The Boardwalk”

I’m such a nerd. I have the complete metal head look. Tattoos, piercings, black nail polish, metal band shirts, tons of jewelry, and button pins on my purse with Jack Skellington, Mad Hatter, Skelanimals. I look so out of place to people when they see me listening to Percy Sledge or Fats Domino, LOL.[/quote]

Hm…kinda.

Actually,the things I seem to like include a lot of stuff.And this includes but is not limited to,Medieval music,Baroque music,Renaissance music,Romantic music,Impressionist music,Jazz music,Swing music,Vaudeville music,Broadway…

So,yes,more of an alternative choices person…don’t judge!

Although,as a person who knows how to love everything,I know fully how and why people like certain things.So,I don’t judge,and neither should other people!

1 Like

There is melody in metal… That’s all i have to say, anyways this thread is fucked.

No one gives a fuck what eminem is “secretly trying” to say, i think he is trying to say that he doesn’t give a fuck either - but likes the fact that you want to know what he is trying to say so he will get some more cash.

Although i like to at least pretend that rihanna’s song is about illuminati and made by them, lady gaga too - then they will get me more kicks out of it. lol.

i can’t listen to anything any more.
and i’m a musician, playing professionaly and teaching in music school.

lately, i can only enjoy EMME YA, and ARKTAU EOS.

My thoughts exactly LilithFlower. Publicity stunt.

People are attracted to evil sinful things no matter what their beliefs are. Whether they are ravished and entranced by darkness or they are religious and are only interested to “see what this sinful world is coming to these days”, it attracts attention and lots of it. Smart move on their part, just shows that those 2 know a thing or two about human psychology and are using it for profits.

1 Like

I have read quite alot of lyrics of eminen and other bands.

Any my conclusion is this(although im sure no one gives a flying fuck)…

I think there are hidden meanings in almost all of these songs,
Some obvious some not so obvious…like that band die antwoort i think its called, they have a video where the girl is running around in a suit with sigils drawn all over it, dunno wtf the sigils are for but clearly they are sigils , maybe it helps the song get stuck in your head haha

HOWEVER…

I lean toward an esoteric hidden meaning because this is an interest of mine. Like sometimes it depends on where you are at in the head

Having said that, there are lots of occult and esoteric meanings in lots of songs , but in eminems case i will say something which might be of interest(or complete horse shit , such is the duality)
When i first started(and even now) in the occult and expanding my mind blah blah you realize language hides many things even just etymologys giving you deeper understanding etc ,
At this stage i would not say im a master of english by any chance but i have greater command of the language , and even discerning the latin words from other languages that i barely know to find a latin word by cross referencing them with english words etc (sounds more complicated then it is) and i find my self being able to come up with outstanding puns and genuinely funny shit by twisting language and pronuciation etc and poetry flows out of me like a snotty nose and quite recently i found myself being able to evoke tears from my own poetry and learning more and more about the power of the words and language.

My point is this,
Eminen is a rapper , words are the main tools of a rapper more so then any other musician, based on his songs you can tell he is skilled , he can layer sentences with multiple meanings and puns etc…
It makes sense at least to me that he would know abit about the occult and if not how to hide things in the words of his songs…

Also for a band which seem to carry deep meanings and esoteric stuff is Arcade fire. One album is called black mirror , read some of their lyrics and its obvious that they have a bit of occult knowledge, also i find more appreciation for songs after i read the lyrics most of the times and some times less.

Same with videos , there is lots of hidden shit in the videos that is intentionally added in ,particularly in rihannas video ,
Not that its inherently bad or anything, but it is there.

For me reading lyrics has been a part of the journey, like some sort of form of divination, and most people hear the songs a million times but dont listen to the lyrics to try understand the message in the song.But not all have messages either

Always try to read the lyrics of your favourite artists and then you will come closer to understanding why you were drawn to the band or song in the first place imo.(i mean a bit of a connection to it, or it resonates with you)

Also what Raven said , i think is spot on about “sinfull” things.

Wrote this on phone so sorry about typos.

1 Like

The human mind can recognize hidden meaning in all kinds of things, even when there isn’t any. Sort of makes me refer back to the Illuminati conspiracy theorists, they would be the first to tell you his songs have hidden meaning, as well as Rhianna, Katy Perry, and so on. They would also have you believe that all of these mysterious deaths of singers, actors, etc. were a result of the Illuminati killing those celebrities either for defying their order or they were offered as a sacrifice for Moloch at Bohemian Grove. Sort of like how christians see evil meanings hidden in everything that does not identify as coming from their religious system.

Someone once told me they were sure as day that Eminem’s song Rain Main, was a referrence to Satan as somewhere in history, I forgot where I read this, the christian devil was also known as the rain man by some. Now, when you listen to the lyrics of that song, it would seem that there is an underlying occult meaning as the lyrics do bring to mind the devil when you think of the lyrics from a christian view point.

"My aim was not to become what I became with this level of fame
My soul is possessed by this devil my new name is…
Rain Man

Later on in the song:
…Which isn’t as bad, as long as you show some remorse for your actions
Either before, during or after performing the act of that which"

I could see how that would sound obvious to a christian, Eminem stating he is possessed by the devil. But a real occultist (not someone like a catholic priest who studys for safety and exorcism reasons) knows the christian devil is merely a concept, not real. So a real occultist would not claim to be possessed by the devil unless it was some type of analogy or metaphor they are using. The devil could refer to, a bad habit or a hard situation in their life they can’t seem to shake. So you also have to see it from another perspective. The occult is not so secretive that even basic sheep can’t catch on to it.

Now, if someone like Kanye West started singing about being possessed by the devil, no one would take him seriously they would call him an idiot. It just depends on the person using those references in their song. However, if Corey Taylor from Slipknot said he was posssessed by the devil, you better fucking believe that everyone would think it’s true and think he literally meant possessed by Satan. An occultist would think, maybe he is possessed by Lucifer or Satan and only using the term devil because it’s more understood and will really mess with the religious people. But some people know this kind of stuff attracts attention and so, they will use such terms in their songs solely for attention, those who have no clue what any of this actually means, going by only what they saw referrenced to on TV.

Some would say well Eminem went from being a poor boy in Detroit living in shit, ghetto lifestyle to becoming a famous rapper out of nowhere, that has to be occult influenced. I understand why people think that. On the other hand, Eminem, ever listened to him talk? When he does an interview and is really pouring his heart into it? He just strikes me as a guy that is way smarter than what he’s given credit for and that, growing up in a bad area in Detroit, he couldn’t go around playing the smart white guy role or else he woulda got his ass handed to him daily. He had to be a bad ass to survive, so I think he is just intelligent and is using the occult as a money maker but he wouldn’t dare tell anyone just how smart he really is, or his reputation would be scarred.

Because Detroit is no joke. You walk downtown looking like you have so much as $5 to your name, they’ll take that shit from you if they think they can. Everytime I’ve ever been to Detroit I walk around in borderline rags, tattoos showing, so people don’t mistake me as having something they want, and I carry a concealed holster with a Cobra 380 because crack heads will come running up to you “Can I get $20 for an H-pack and Ima suck it fo you in return.” No lie, they have no shame at all.

Funny you should mention Kanye West, he was the one with the classic impromptu:

“I sold my soul to the devil
It was a crappy deal
But it came with a few cool toys
Just like a Happy Meal”

A joke, obviously, but the Xtian Illuminati conspiracy theorists jumped all over it. Being a songwriter, I use plenty of hidden meanings. I like to be an open book, my idol being Tim Finn, who has categorised himself as a “confessional songwriter”, but not every confession needs spelling out. Ask Tim what or whom his recent songs are about, he’ll tell all. Ask him the same about a song like “Charlie” and he may not be so forthcoming. His song “Dirty Creature” is about anxiety, but uses such language that my fanatically Xtian father can’t really be blamed for thinking it was about someone possessed.
Back in the 80s, in live shows, Tim would scream, rant and rave about an evil being in his room, “GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT!”, pure theatrics. Dad might have said he had a demon of anxiety. Anxiety attacks are pretty damn horrible is all I know.
Fans of certain artists sit around deciphering lyrics in much the same way of Thelemites try to figure out what Crowley was hinting at. I can’t imagine too much of that, on say, a Red Foo forum, not that I’ve visited one.

As a musician myself, I also enjoy writing lyrics in metaphors at times. Just waiting for the right Xtian to come along and think I am refering to something I’m not, but I did that on purpose to intentionally mess with their heads since I know so many of them get joy looking for evil subliminal messages in songs.

I purposefully made a fake demon voice video to scare some christians, you know the way they think demons really speak like on Tv, in tongues and Latin. Well I recorded that video in a way so that if you play it backwards, it says the exact same thing only in a jumbled order with a few extra message placed in the backward version that can you can only hear when played backwards. Don’t know how long it will take before someone decides to play it backwards LOL. But I have played some of my songs backwards and did hear some very clear sentences in there I did not record.

Like this one I did recently I said

“The righteous will fall at the hands of us all"
when played backward it says
"We’re all…We’re all sitting here”

But another lyric I purposefully manipulated I said

“My spirit astral travels
to dimensions on another plane.
My soul is gone
but my body, it still remains”

I was referring to astral travel you know, when you do it your body is still sitting where you left it but your soul leaves to go elsewhere. However, I figure at some point a christian will misinterpret as me saying my soul is gone because I have sold it to the devil or something. LOL.

1 Like

Don’t be that way his a fucking genius lyric maker rap god

Seriously??? Wow. U want to know I think imo in the last shady album king never die n phenomenal.

His concert was called rapture