Is "Bible Black" an alias for another Grimiore?

I know the name comes from the album Starless and Bible Black from English progressive rock band King Crimson. I want to know if the Grimiore was a reference to another Grimiore or conjured originally as a plot point.

There’s only one thing I know of called Bible Black, and it’s definitely not a grimoire…

8 Likes

No. It’s just a hentai.

5 Likes

I’ve heard Bible Black from Ronnie James Dio. The Grand Wizard of Heavy Metal

The spell book nicknamed “Bible Black” in the context of the eroge does not refer in context to the series itself via the 4th wall, but a European Book of Magic that is not The Lesser Key of Solomon because that book also existed by name. Was that book purely a counterfactual history plot point or did it reference something similar that actually existed by a different name, and changed its propitiates to suit the narrative?

EDIT:

Figured it out. It is The Key of Solomon.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that too. Definitely the Grand Wizard of Heavy Metal. And he didn’t build a stone tower in the desert either.

I think all the anime and other weeb shit has corrupted my mind a bit.

1 Like

Isn’t it a hentai, i remember watching a few episodes of it.

2 Likes

I have an alternate interpretation. The Grimiore is literally the visual novel (software).

Think about it, if you were hiding a magic book in plane site and wanted it to proliferate while giving you a payday, write it as interactive software and give it an overloaded name 1 2 so it can bask in rumors and infamy.

Lots of software overloads their name with other things such as Java and Python.

2 Likes

That sounds pretty interesting.I remember seing some mentions of the usage of technology for spells like this

I always thought it was a nick name for the grand grimoire?

That is impossible because The Grand Grimoire was mentioned by name in the Visual Novel as part of Kaori Saeki’s collection.

If the name comes from progressive rock, wouldn’t all of the music in the game and anime also most likely also be progressive rock?