Is Babalon the same as Astarte?

@DarkestKnight ,@dralukmun @Mulberry and other good magicians that i dont know yet,what is your opinion on this?i know lilith is not babalon for sure but astarte and babalon…this two is very similar

1 Like

No, Babalon is not Astarte.

Babalon is a much younger goddess compared to Astarte, whose origin can be traced as far back as Mesopotamia, and who historically developed from the Sumerian goddess Inanna.

Babalon is the goddess of the modern religion of Thelema, and represents the rise of the Divine Feminine. Her name actually comes from Enochian, and means “wicked,” her first mention being in the visions of Edward Kelly and John Dee back in 1587. She likely developed from the Whore of Babylon mentioned in Chapter 17 of the biblical Book of Revelations, and Aleister Crowley, the founder of Thelema, discusses this connection in his book The Vision and The Voice.

5 Likes

the Whore of Babylon is the part that confuse me because its about astarte

No, it is not about Astarte. It doesn’t actually refer to any goddess. The “Whore of Babylon” mentioned in Revelations is the spirit ascribed to the Babylonian city state, which, before it was conquered by the Persians, was the seat of an empire that liked to refer to itself as the Queen of the World. It was seen by Christians as an evil empire of pride and decadence. As Revelations 17:18 describes it, “the great city that reigneth over the kings of the earth.”

Later, the term “Babylon” was used to describe any culture that was believed to seduce or subvert the people of God, ie anywhere that didn’t agree with their point of view. For example, in Peter 15:13-14, Rome is called Babylon (of course, this was before its conversion). Even today, Christian preachers will still point to various cities/countries as the “modern day Babylon,” meaning they don’t follow the word of God.

The Whore of Babylon basically represents the spirit of anything that seeks to turn people from God.

2 Likes

They are interrelated but not on the same level of reality. Babalon is typically depicted by a seven pointed shape, while Astarte is typically depicted with a five pointed shape.

Well from my astral journeys I’ve found the whore of Babylon to be Lilith queen of the harpees, and Samael her partner

I don’t know much about Babalon personally though I know that in some groups Lilith is referred to as the whore of Babylon

what is that mean?who said that?

Harpies are like winged female creatures

Kind of life Isis but not quite the same

If I remember correctly you can find harpies in Greek mythology which also has a huge connection to Babylonian gods

1 Like

I respect the people who have given the reply in this post. But by what I am replying, I do not mean at all to wrong the people who have given the reply in this post. This information is in the book that I have on the basis of which I am making this reply doing :slightly_smiling_face:

Astarte (Amtarat) Semitic goddess,
associated mainly with Syria and
Palestine. The Ugaritic form of her name
is Attart; she appears in the Old Testament
as → Asthoreth, and in Babylon as →
Imtar. Her cult was that of an oriental god-
dess of love and fertility, and was accord-
ingly marked by many excesses (temple
prostitution). She is usually shown naked.
When she was taken over by the
Egyptians she began to figure more and
more as a goddess of war, and spear and bow were her attributes. Among the
Greeks, Astarte was identified with →
Aphrodíte as the heavenly goddess of
love. As in the case of other fertility god-
desses, her sacred creature was the dove.
According to Philon of Byblos, she
donned a bull’s head as a symbol of her
ruling position, and there are other refer-
ences to the horns assigned to her.

1 Like