Invoking ganesha

Yesterday night, I tried to invoke ganesha. I had his murti set up on my altar with two white candles, sandalwood incense, and i put some sweets on the altar. I played his mantra (Om Gan Ganapatye Namo Namah) And meditated while singing the song, i felt a sort of energy and peace fall upon me, i didnt talk to him but i felt at ease. I think i invoked his energy but not him if this makes sense? This was my first time trying anything like this and i think it was a partial success.

1 Like

Are you trying to invoke or evoke? They are very different, and it depends on which one you want. If you want to invoke him and feel some kind of different energy in your body that is related to Ganesha, then it’s a success. But if you want to evoke, then you need to feel his presence by other means, or a sign that indicates that. But it’s up to you to determine whether what you did was a success or not, everyone has their own way of perceiving reality

2 Likes

Oh i wasnt aware of the difference, i thought evoking was like ridding the spirit?

1 Like

You said “invoke” consistently, and based on your OP, it’s clear to me that’s what you meant. Evoking is a western occultic practice of inviting a spirit’s presence into the room but not your body.

It sounds like you did good, keep at it and you’ll get familiar with the sensations and be able to take it further: it’s a skill worth practicing. Especially with Ganesha, he’s awesome :smiley: Good work! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for informing me !

1 Like

I did the same as yesterday, set the murti up, gave sweets, sang the mantra, lit some incense and a candle but this time i didnt feel anything? What do you guys do to evoke or invoke him?

The fact you think you need to do all of these things, drives you away from making a true connection with the spirit.

Hi @00xx , I’ve taken the liberty of merging your 2nd invocation post in with the first as they are the same topic, to keep it all together, and so members can see what has been said before so they don’t just repeat old advice.

As this is looking like what we would think of as a journal, rather than an open question, I’ve moved it to the journal category. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like