Invocation And Channelling

What’s the difference between invocation and channelling ? is it possible to achieve the same results of an invocation by direct channelling without a circle or tools … if they’re the same thing ?

6 Likes

Invocation means to call. Magician can use Invocation to call a diety for many different reasons. It’s a form of interaction between the deiety and you.

Chanelling means to receive. Mediums usually use chanelling to access information from non-physical entities.

6 Likes

Thank you for explaining that.

I thought invocations is calling the spirit into yourself… while evocation is calling the spirit to materialize outside of yourself? That’s why I’m asking about invocation and channeling. Because channelling is the same process but without rituals… so I was wondering does that mean you could achieve the same results from both techniques or each one is different than the other.

2 Likes

Yes, the invocation is calling the spirit into your space, doesn’t have to be into yourself, but there is a direct connection.
Calling the spirit into yourself is actually a possession.
Evocation is also a calling, but outside of your space. There is no a direct connection.
The results are different.

3 Likes

Exactly, that’s what I mean… The difference between invocation, specifically calling the spirit in yourself, as a possession… and channeling the spirit without ceremonial rituals ? Would the results be different in this case ?

2 Likes

There’s a huge spectrum of possessions. Some can be a partial, but some can be full. In a case of full possession, you may not be aware of what’s going on and you won’t have any control during the possession. It may cause changes in your life, somethimes unwanted.
By channeling the spirit you can receive the information, whithout any interaction. It’s like watching without beeing seen.

2 Likes

As far as I know and the sessions I’ve seen, channelling could be for receiving information and could also be very interactive. You can ask questions yourself - or someone else who’s present at the time of channelling - and the spirit would answer through the medium.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a form of communication. You ask questions and receive answers. This can be interactive in a formal way.

2 Likes

In this case, is it the same as invocation of a spirit within yourself, and communicate with it? What’s the difference except for the rituals of invocation ?

Thank you

2 Likes

Invocation can help you to develope a kind of relationship with the spirit. The spirit can assists you, usually to evolve and to grow. Invocation rituals are sometimes initiatory events.

Communication is just a communication, nothing more.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, appreciate your explanation.

2 Likes

It’s okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was always under the impression that possession and invocation were the same thing.

My understanding of channeling is just that you’re having a mental link with an entity, it could be the result of an invocation/possession but not necessarily.

2 Likes

Yes I came to the same conclusion, invocation is controlled possession. Channeling is all about creating mental link with the channeled spirit… then it could grow to become full invocation or remain an open channel.

I agree, that’s the difference… invocation could start with channeling as a first step, like opening a gate for full possession/invocation.

Thank you so much,

3 Likes