Inverted Pentagram Exercise

Hey guys,

I thought it might be cool to start a thread specifically relating to peoples experiences and intuitions meditating for 9-13 days straight on the pentagram with either one of the mantras or both;

So far I am at day 4 and have tried really hard to put aside any previous associations I have had regarding this symbol, (which has been an enduringly familiar, representative, enjoyable and sometimes feared symbol for the past 26 years, when I first encountered it on a Venom album cover) and just allow whatever comes up, to come up uncensored and unfiltered. I uppercase to distinguish my experience of what the pentagram means to me as intuitive concepts, feelings and attitudes during deep contemplation;

*POWER
*BEDROCK
*RESOLUTION
*REBELLION
*ABSOLUTE FREEDOM OF THOUGHT AND EMOTION *VIOLENT BREAKING OF SHACKLES
*DEFIANCE AND ANGER AT RESTRICTIONS INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY IMPOSED
*UNIMPEDED WILL AND SELF-RELIANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY
*THE MASTERY OF THE PHYSICAL PLANE AS KEY TO ATTAINING THE GREATEST OF POWERS
*WHO THE FUCK IS ON MY SIDE, COME FORWARD
*ENEMIES GET OUT OF THE WAY OR BE DEMOLISHED
*BRINGING CHAOS INTO FORM

I have been noticing some emotional upsurges in anger, rage and contempt directed mainly at myself and this has a direct relationship to how I want my life to be and where it is currently. It is prompting dark nights of the soul to smash through the hypocrisy and self deceit which I sense is going to be imperative in designing and constructing my own empire here on earth.

If any of you guys want to share whatever experiences you may be having, that’d be awesome! :slight_smile:

Hey VD!!!

Geesh…VD…yikes!

Well my friend, I opted for the 13day experience for good measure and did it every morning except for one or two days because. But I did do it everyday…which is important in any of these or any other meditative exercise…consistency.

OK…here was my experience (coming out of my journal):

1. At times I felt elated and mischievous whilst doing the mediation

2. Some days I felt like NOT wanting to do the exercise…but did it anyways

3. At times I sat there and said to myself “I’m a devil worshipper?”

4. Some days I felt a sense of power

*There was a slight difference, a subtlety, a shift in my daily experience of living shall we say.

For me, I feel it’s more important to look at and contemplate the meditative experience in its entirety. Again, the days I didn’t feel like doing the exercise…I must ask myself…why? Am I truly feeling “evil”? AM I worshipping the “devil”???

For me, the point of this exercise was to stir up my normal sense of Self and my everyday thinking. If I can’t do that I believe I’ll have an incredibly difficult time thinking that Spirits are “real” and I am GOD and I can bring them forth…you dig?

Good post VD! Don’t get VD we need you here.

Basically I am “immersing” myself into the inverted pentagram through the mental plane while completing two art projects for the meditation. I thought to myself and questioned why throw my meditation practice quickly?. The pentagram is a living organism. It is almost an entity of sorts and needs full immersion, not just draw it and stare, I have a bad habit of staring at people in public places while sipping a latte and it makes them feel rather uncomfortable.

As I am drawing (using heavy markers on hard board) and also using oil paint on canvas ( complete with the circle of pacts from BOA flaming outward, pentagram within) I immerse my mind and make that special connection with the “entity”.

As an artist I needed to use my expression and tools to extend a handshake, to reach out and say hello, to integrate the pentagram as part of my being, my mind-set, and discover who I really am. It’s not enough for me to simply meditate and hope for an answer. I create my world and thus create or in this case, re-create the person I want to become. I make my own answers.

When Im done I’ll post some pics and see what you think.

Haha, Mode! I was waiting for the day someone would make the inevitable joke regarding venereal disease.:wink:
Well spotted! Interesting you felt mischevious, because I can relate to that. For me it was about loosening the prudent restrictions of life in general society so that certainly makes one feel a little mischevious, if not a little untamed and wild! I dig what you’re saying about your experience and I experienced some of what you listed as well so I’m thankful for your sharing of your experience.

My first day doing the exercise I closed my eyes and went on an inner astral journey after asking in anger… who the fuck is on my side!?!(this question is related to people in my daily life and in the spirit world and I don’t know why I felt prompted to ask this but it came up so I rolled with it). After using the anger to break some energetic shackles I experienced a familiar demoness come into my vision who I have met several times before which I felt a great feeling of support. This lead me to another series of journeys to meet another higher spirit who was her superior and holy shit!!! I want go into specifics but this was a waking dream and during this experience I experienced what was explained by the spirit to be a transfiguration of my soul. An energy current crackled around me in a counter-clockwise direction from head to toe and a crown was placed upon my head amongst other advice I was given. The crown was another thing I had been contemplating before this happened as looking into the center of the pentagram there is a crown-like shape, which I associated with internally accepting my possibility of becoming a living god. The potential is there, the anger and rage I perceive as necessary to break the limiting beliefs I have about myself and my real position of power. Ultimately, I needed this to happen.

Thanks for your response S.V.E. I like your approach of immersion and look forward to you posting your artwork, man. I see what you mean about just sitting and staring at the symbol. What’s is great is to read that everyone has their own unique approach to this.

i’m on day 10. for most of the days to be honest i have had little to no big responses to the pentagram. i do think something is happening but it’s not major so i’m going through with the exercise.

there have been a few days when i literally didn’t feel like doing the exercise and i had to go back and do it. for the record, i do it BEFORE bed and again on waking up. if i don’t do it before bed because of resistance, i will wake up in the middle of the night usually at the witching hour and do it then.

The symbol opened for me and redrew itself in space. I saw that it is a three-dimensional object - a vortex of power. The downward point is shaped like the blade of a gardening trowel and acts as a funnel. You can kind of see it if you focus on the cross formed by the intersection of the four lines at the point at the top of the central triangle. It’s difficult to see for a sustained period in a two-dimensional drawing, though.

If you can manage to see it clearly for yourself, take a second look at the seal recently attributed to Satan.

Though I haven’t managed to view a 3D effect like you have, Sultitan_Itan, I have noticed the trowel shape and I think this is important. This funneling of energy downward is something I experienced just today.

The way the symbol is repeatedly impressing itself upon my imagination is of the single downward point being thrust into the earth, enabling the horizontal line of the bottom left and right points to be foundational and most importantly holding the weight of the isosceles triangle/pyramid in firm place, being a solid and stable infrastructure to build upon, hence the upward pointing left and right points of the pentagram reaching into the heavens of ascent or material stability of a kingdom as a metaphor of building upon a solid and earthly foundation.

Once some of the anger and force I initially experienced in the first day or two subsided, certain visions have come about that have been teaching me certain perspectives, such as the sixth day in which I had the closed eyed visual of being in an outer space locale looking out at our solar system. I could see Saturn and then was prompted to look at the Earth and how from this vantage point I could lift my hand up and cup my hand around the planet seeing just how small and insignificant many of life’s problems are from this view outside the planet. I guess it was a perspective that an advanced being or spiritual entity would have all the time. And that was the essence of the lesson I was being taught.

Strangely, even though at times it’s been boring just sitting there looking at the symbol, it will after 10 or 15 minutes begin to reveal all manner of shapes, meaning and metaphors and I’m tipping it’s my beginning to fall into alpha and theta that enables this. This is usually when I’ll close my eyes and a decent lesson will be revealed in a visual journey.

i just see it as a V laid on top of an X.

after reading frater osiris’ breakdown/analysis of the star sapphire this morning (at [url=http://bit.ly/cvAfgH]http://bit.ly/cvAfgH[/url]), it seems to me that my interpretation of the inverted pentagram is sexual. it’s a man doing the thelemic ritual sign of typhon (the trident) lying on top of a woman having a full-body orgasm in the position of mulier (isis in welcome, or sign of babalon, or the attitude of baphomet). as jamaicans would say it’s just a good ol’fashioned daggering session going on there.

when you strip away all the esoteric bullshit that is

but that’s just my take on it. ymmv

guess that shows you where my mind is at…

…bah humbug

I see what you mean, the fool. And I have also experienced the sexual and sensual component to the symbol as well. In fact the anger, brute force and sexual sensation were sort of simultaneously awakened. lol! Possibly it relates to the V shape causing Mooladhara to stir. It definitely feels linked to the root, so I can understand how you get that interpretation, for sure.

Day 8 personal revelation;

*The inverted pentagram is the symbol of Power and Change.

*It is universally feared because it represents the anti-thesis of comfort, stagnation and conformity.

*Being a symbol of transcendence, it creates fear in people because it somehow visually coerces, impresses and requires confrontation of stagnant beliefs, limits and modes of being to assimilate, acquire and utilize it’s power.

*So, in this way it can be seen as a symbol of metamorphosis and transformation and can encourage the continuing drive for excellence and increase of power.

(this is my experience and personal revelation so far from doing the exercise and in no way do I suggest this is the only meaning of this symbol).

[quote=“Virdon Djinn, post:11, topic:1546”]Day 8 personal revelation;

*The inverted pentagram is the symbol of Power and Change.

*It is universally feared because it represents the anti-thesis of comfort, stagnation and conformity.

*Being a symbol of transcendence, it creates fear in people because it somehow visually coerces, impresses and requires confrontation of stagnant beliefs, limits and modes of being to assimilate, acquire and utilize it’s power.

*So, in this way it can be seen as a symbol of metamorphosis and transformation and can encourage the continuing drive for excellence and increase of power.

(this is my experience and personal revelation so far from doing the exercise and in no way do I suggest this is the only meaning of this symbol).[/quote]

i’m with you on that. the inverted pentagram is promethean for sure