Introductory post

Hello. My name is Jon and I have been interested in occult/esoteric ideas and practices for most of my life. I have only recently begun practicing more “occult” rituals, to varying degrees of success. It is a process. I can’t remember how I found this forum a few weeks ago but I have been reading it for a few weeks now. I decided to register this account to help with keeping track of posts/threads mainly, so I probably will not be posting much. Maybe once I have more experience I will have more to contribute.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here and find it fruitful!

2 Likes

Welcome to the asyl… I mean, the forum. Enjoy and remember the search function is your ally.

3 Likes

Welcome.

Do you have any experience in magick?

What area of magick are you interested in learning?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jon. Feel free to dive right in whenever you find a topic that interests you.

2 Likes

I do have some experience in magick, but have really just started this year. I have done a few rituals - the Headless Rite and rituals/offerings for Artemis/Hekate/Selene mainly - with varying degrees of success. I have done some sigil magick and have made a few charms and oils, also with varying degrees of success. I tried summoning a few demons, but did not see any results. I am going to work on this more but I am currently focusing on slowing down and shoring up some foundational skills - breath control, meditation, visualization, focus, etc.

I am most interested in summonings, sigils and making charms/oils (hoodoo sort of stuff). Any recommendations for books/websites to read would be appreciated! I have several books already that I am reading or have read, and also I have found several useful posts on this forum. One difficulty is that I have always learned better by “doing” with a teacher/guide, rather than through “reading instructions,” but I am getting over this and have become more serious about taking notes on what I do and what results I get, which has helped.

2 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey welcome to the forum :+1:

1 Like

Welcome @newtalkingwall :blush:

2 posts were split to a new topic: New member intro

@newtalkingwall

Welcome to the forum.