Introduction to the Forum

Hi! I’m new here! Spent many months two years ago reading on this forum, and now I’m back decided to start practicing magick. I’m reading as much as I can so that I don’t have to ask too many questions here, but already learning from you guys a lot! See you around!

Welcome @virgospirit

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in magick?

If so, what do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

If not, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

More information is required for a proper introduction as it helps us to provide appropriate advice and direction.

1 Like

Welcome :blush:

Please expand as requested by @DarkestKnight

It would be good to know a little more.

Thanks for welcoming me! :blush:

I’m interested on the Left Hand Path, and been consuming all information I can on Goetic Demons and evokations/invokations. Have no practical experience in magic, always have the feeling that I need to know more to start. That will change soon as I’m planning to start this next few days.

I’m Spanish but live in a Middle East country right now. I think doing magic is forbidden here, actually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for expanding more upon your introduction. Again, welcome to the BALG forum :slight_smile:

You might want to look into working with the djinn, rather than Goetic demons then.

I have a good understanding (for being a newbie) on how to work with Goetic demons. I have some books, sigils, enns, etc. Regarding Djinns, I don’t know that much, would it be similar (sigil, etc)?

Are you familiar with the Gallery of Magick books? Corwin Hargrove has a book on working with the djinn that uses a similar method.

From Corwin Hargrove I have Goetia Pathworking, but didn’t know he had one with djinn. I’m just checking it out, thanks!

Do you think that working with Djinns will help bypassing any religious protections in this case?

They might. @Keteriya has more experience with them and can probably better answer that than I can.

1 Like

I’m confused about what exactly the question is in regards too. Does it bypass the protects of your countries religious protections, or your families, or yours or … I’m sure I just missed that detail, but please clarify for me.

As far as generally speaking goes, it might be a better fit since the lore and all of that originates in the same area, and there may be ancestral ties to the djinn for you. As far as using them on someone with different beliefs and bypassing their protects, I think that’s going to be vary by individual.

If it’s as far as legality goes, I can’t comment I’m not familiar with your laws and religious laws. If it’s something I miss… :stuck_out_tongue: then Idk yet, I need a clarified question lol.

The target’s religious prayers.

1 Like

It might, but it might not imop. I think it comes down to what those people believe and what they are praying for protection from. If they are praying for protections from demons, maybe. But what if they word it devils? That’s a common word for djinn sometimes as well, so does it apply to demons and djinn then, or just what the person believes devils to be, or how does that work?

I think intent is 9/10ths of the law when it comes to requests from entities and energies, so it’s a complicated mathematical equation and I don’t think you can always get it 100% correct.

I hope someone out there, gets that, because I swear it makes sense and was really hard to explain in words I thought made sense.

1 Like

I think I get your point, it really depends on what the target is trying to protect himself from… and that will depend on what his beliefs are. He will believe in Djinns, of course, as he’s Muslim, and on demons (at least as depicted on his religion). Just occurred to me that he will not think to protect himself against Angels, crazy thought?

1 Like

No, not if that’s not something he would fear- it’s a smart place to start, not crazy… If it would be something he saw as benevolent, then by default, all black magic, or all demonic attacks, or all djinn attacks, would not fall into it as he would have no intent or thought of needing protections from angels in most cases.

It would be unusual for a religious person to pray specifically for protection from angels in most cases in my opinion, but they might umbrella it under protect me from all magic, or all spiritual attacks.

Would that be real common? I doubt it. Many religious folk don’t believe in magic at all, or think it’s only bad so would they be that specific or generalized? I think hit or miss cases both ways.

But you can also use spirits to weaken his defenses, before you do anything else as well.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

He will absolutely see Angels as something benevolent. Of course, because of his religion he knows the power that they could harness, but he won’t think about them as something that could be sent “against” him.

With anybody else I would say they wouldn’t pray about “being protected from magic and spiritual attacks”… but I learnt better since I live here. People in this culture actively believe on that and this specific person is very aware that there’re people on his home country trying to hurt him through magick. He believes nothing will be able to touch him as long as he prays. But Angels are for sure not on his mind.

Anyway, I don’t want to hurt him at all, only influence him, so he may not be that well protected against it? I guess at the end is only about trying and seeing what works…

1 Like

Mmmm maybe is a good idea to go around various things… weaken his defenses, trying to change his mind, see me in a more positive way, ignite a bit of love…

1 Like