Introduction to the Abyss Ritual (WoD)

I just completed the Introduction to the Abyss outlined in Works of Darkness. However, I find that it wasn’t nearly as successful as I would have liked. The book describes this as having the room fill with a dark host and then succumbing to their amazing influence and stating you’re their ally. I felt as though there were only three or four presences around me and they felt more solemn, observing me, not happy or sad to see me there. It didn’t seem like the grand homecoming to my dark allies I had envisioned. Has anyone else performed this ritual? What was the outcome for you? Was I just expecting something that wasn’t supposed to be the ultimate outcome?

You don’t necessarily have to feel the presence of spirits. You have to feel the darkness, not spirits.

Hm. Interesting. I don’t know, for some reason the whole thing felt… tame? I’m not sure. Perhaps I need to go back and do the meditations preceeding it more. Honestly I just felt comfortable.

When I performed the ritual I stated the first incantations then all the sudden I started swooning back and forth,and began to improv the rest of the incantations.I still stated I was their ally and for them to remember that night,but it was like darkness itself took over me and spoke through me.It was an amazing experience.If you didn’t get what you wanted out of the ritual I suggest try again but just let it flow.Trying to remember everything to the letter can break the state of mind you’re in.Rituals always don’t have to be followed by the book just do what feels right to you.Remember this is YOUR ritual.Make it your own.Everyone’s accent is different.If it wasn’t there wouldn’t be much to discover.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:4, topic:1977”]When I performed the ritual I stated the first incantations then all the sudden I started swooning back and forth,and began to improv the rest of the incantations.I still stated I was their ally and for them to remember that night,but it was like darkness itself took over me and spoke through me.It was an amazing experience.If you didn’t get what you wanted out of the ritual I suggest try again but just let it flow.Trying to remember everything to the letter can break the state of mind you’re in.Rituals always don’t have to be followed by the book just do what feels right to you.Remember this is YOUR ritual.Make it your own.Everyone’s accent is different.If it wasn’t there wouldn’t be much to discover.

Good luck and I hope this helps.[/quote]

This is excellent advice. I’ve been realizing this slowly as time goes on. I need to scrap the incantations and just channel myself towards the intent. When I do this I naturally find more success. When I was doing the tool consecration I found myself suddenly overcome and just stopped mid incantation and blurted out what I assume to be the words of Astaroth (because it opened and closed with his name and I had chills shoot up my feet to my head like something was crawling out of me) . Why he would talk to me? I don’t know. But damn… there’s certainly something about the state of mind over the logistics of the ritual. I need to learn more about Astaroth…

I haven’t done the consecration rituals from WoD yet.I didn’t. know it could be such a grand experience.I usually consecrate my tools during ritual as described in EE.The incantations differ depending on qhat I want to use the tool for.Do your tools radiate with more power now that you’ve consecrated them to the Dark Arts?

What goes in will come out. If the incantations of darkness resonate more power in you, then yes, the tools will be more powerful. And who knows… Astaroth spoke to me about my path right in the middle. Maybe you’ll get something too. Maybe you won’t. Just relax and let the energy flow.

I will do the consecrations tomorrow.I have plans to try and make contact with the sphere of Lilith tonight in the darkness of a graveyard.I had an amazing experience last night with this so I plan to take it further.Something is calling me to this path.If you want the details of my experience then check out my post on the Mastering Evocation forum entitled “Did I make contact with Lilith?”

I saw earlier. Lilith has stood out to me as well for some reason in the past, though I’m wary of the function. Currently in trying my hardest to maintain contact with Vassago.

The abyss ritual was the first time I ever perceived entities with my minds eye, not clearly but it was distinct enough. With the gatekeepers in their thrones behind me and their thralls of familiars in front of me. After becoming familiar with the current I spoke the incantation “Al’ash tad Al’ash tal Alash tu” and the familiars took a knee, I had become initiated with no doubt left in my mind.

You know I was thinking if this ritual could be used in another manner.Same format but different goal.Like instead of just calling on random demons maybe have a sigil for a spirit on the altar and call THEM to be your ally and such.I currently have an altar set up for Sastan and when I look at his sigil it begins to transform without me even getting into TG sync.