Introduction and discouraging feelings

Hello, my name is Grayson. I’m very new to magick, I’ve only seriously delved into it for about a month now. I’m very excited to discover new things about myself and the world. I’m most interested in evocation and working with demons. And I hope to find a sense of purpose in exploring these things.

I am feeling a bit discouraged by my own inability to sense, hear or see things. I thought by now I would be able to somewhat sense the presence of spirits or even my own aura, but no luck. Maybe I’m expecting too much of myself but it seems that every other person I’ve heard talk about magick had an intense emotional/sensual experience on their first try. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something wrong with me?

I would greatly appreciate any advice. The LHP is intimidating but I am ready to put in the effort it takes improve myself.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Don’t be. A month of practice is hardly much time.

Yes, your expectations are way too high. Don’t compare yourself to others. You are not them, and they are not you. Everyone has their own natural strengths and weaknesses.

No, there is nothing wrong with you. Magick is easier for some more than for others, just like anything else. Would you think the same thing about yourself if you couldn’t pick up theoretical astrophysics as fast as Stephen Hawking could?

Like any skill, magick can be learned. However, it takes time. Some people can naturally run faster than everyone else, but barring accident or disability, everyone else can still run so you can do magick. Maybe you can’t pick it up as quickly as other people, but you can pick it up.

It took me ten years. As Belial once told me, “Stop comparing yourself to others. Spirit opens in its own time and cannot be forced. When you are ready, it shall unfold before you.”

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your help, I’ll keep in mind what you’ve told me

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Give yourself the time you need and walk on your own speed and path! Don’t rush things! Keep learning and experimenting with magick! Meditation will help you a lot! Good luck

1 Like

Keep practicing and working hard .

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Frustration is a natural aspect of life, we deal with it everyday, so don’t stop just because you think you’re going slower than everyone else. Eveyrthing needs dedication.

Keep on.

2 Likes