Introduction ~ A Non Magician Trad Christian

But I’m also not sure if I’d want to mess with all this stuff either. Seems kinda of malevolent

If you don’t believe in it why do you bother?

2 Likes

Cuz I don’t NOT believe in it either

Okay, so you’re Agnostic I suppose.

1 Like

Whatever you believe, just do some basic research to get some familiarity. Buy a book at a book store or online, read it, do some practicing, and come back to us. Just know you and you’re life will be changed.

Or talk to a priest.

ha ha! True! Once you open the door a little crack, the devil will shove his cloven hoof in the door and never leave! But he’s a Catholic…he already knows that.:laughing:

2 Likes

Most Catholics don’t know anything about their faith because they are poorly Catechized. Especially when the Church is overrun with modernists priests who see the whole gig as being superstitious and symbolism.

3 Likes

anyway here is my thread Weird Things Happening, Wondering if they Hold any Magical Significance. And my question for yall is if you know that @Warlock , that “Once you open the door the devil will never leave” why do you mess with this stuff? Won’t it affect you people’s afterlives? That’s the main fear

“Evil is a point of view … God kills, and so shall we; indiscriminately … for no creatures under God are as we are, none so like Him as ourselves." Anne Rice, Interview with a Vampire

1 Like

my thread of questions Weird Things Happening, Wondering if they Hold any Magical Significance

I’m confused to be honest… So you don’t want to learn but you do want to learn. You are a traditional Christian who wants to return back to his normal life, but you’re not actually a believer. You do believe but you don’t believe… You don’t want to open the Occult door but you do at the same time…

4 Likes

exactly lol. I’m confused myself. Mostly right now though I want answers to my newest thread and just to see where that takes me

Just messin’ with ya :wink: Let’s talk about the afterlife and god :sleeping: and all the Christian dogma that people like you and I have been subjected to since sucking on our mother’s tit.

If god does not exist. No problem: no hell, no divine tyrant setting the rules by which we are judged, yet happily breaking himself.

I see no evidence for this deity; either he does not exist, or if he does, he is either indifferent to the suffering of the human condition, or is incapable of intervening to alleviate it or can, but chooses not to out of malice. In any of the above scenarios, such a god is neither worthy of acknowledgment or worship.

So…we as magicians, get to fill in the vacuum left by the death of god. it is we, who get to not only create our own values but our own world in our own image and likeness.

And even if the judeo christian islamic hell does exist, it is only because we believe it to be so. And the nature of belief is that it is entirely contingent.

1 Like

Oh I know but opening a door doesn’t mean he can’t be a traditional Catholic. He doesn’t have to change his faith.
He can look into what Myrddin posted :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yea but he doesn’t want to mess with that at all. :confused: :thinking:

2 Likes

wtf.

Have a read!

oh and by the way, please ask your questions, you can still whine about not wanting to be here afterwards.
Besides, we’re not just all evil. :wink:

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

good one.
And true.

I hate debating faith,
when there’s no context or clearness.

Damn, techniqually i’m still catholic.^^

I pay my fee,
I work in a peace group,
on politic level.

You can do a lot, by learning.

Sincerely,

¥’B

2 Likes

I’ve been actually scolded looks at DarkestKnight so I have to ask @throwaway123 … You don’t seem to have an appropriate introduction post, would you like this one to be your official intro (which means you’ll have to change the title, but I could also do it if you’re unsure how) or better go here Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum - #4850 by johnbad and make a proper introduction?

1 Like

This is your fear speaking. It’s just another tool, magik itself is neutral.
Think of a knife - another powerful tool - it can kill, or open letters and spread the jam on your bread, it has no opinion on how it’s used… If you as the practitioner have malevolent intent, then your works will be the same. If you use it to help and heal people with their highest good at heart, then that’s what you’ll get.

3 Likes