Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest, I was raised in a Christian environment even though my parents and grandparents are not very devout. I always thought it was good to be a good person and help other people. As I grew up, by age 20 or so I started to change my mind radically. It’s like human nature kicked in and I started to feel interest for money, casual sex…and I started to feel interested in manipulating people too. I started asking myself many questions and I realized that I want to enjoy THIS life regardless of the consequences I may cause on others. I started to feel I wanted to have more money, a better social status and material things and I used that rage asking Satan for things in exchange for whatever he wanted (though it was from a Christian point of view then, I didn’t know about Goetia demons or any form of Magick).

I would write on a paper the deal to “the devil” and specify all the clauses e.g. if some money comes to me or if my sexual life improves I’ll give up on listening to music or I’ll go to the gym for at least 6 months or I’ll do something that is a sacrifice and I don’t enjoy. Things like that.

I know it sounds ignorant but it was something I did out of frustration and not having achieved what I wanted in my adolescence…I was anxious and not happy and I gotta say that from age 20–22 up until now age 26 I’ve been happier and this greed and will to enjoy my life has bring me to a better position.

So…you have been practicing for what, three or four years?

I’ve never been consistent…so yeah 4 years or almost 5 but on and off and not in an educated way. I didn’t know of forums like this. I just asked to the devil, or the dark side, or the opposite of what Christians believe in…I just wanted material things it was all in my mind. Now I wanna do things better and I’m so glad to see so many experiences on the internet.

2 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience.

1 Like

I am from Singapore

Do you have any practical experience in magick? Hmmmm, i am trying out the things shown here in the forum as well as some grimores but not really seeing results yet.

If so, what, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you practiced it? I think i managed to open sigils…basically attempting these for past few months…but cldnt managed to hear or see any entities. Sometimes i do feel pressure after the meditation and opening of the sigil but i still do not see results…

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and welcome to the BALG forum.

Hi everyone, I’m temporarily borrowing the name of the spirit Thantifaxath because I have yet to come up with a magical name. I picked up someone’s book on the tunnels of Set, and enjoyed the writing a lot.

Lately I enjoyed reading about XaTuring on this website, and was unaware of its connection to Alan Turing

Welcome @thantifaxath Please tell us about yourself. This post doesn’t tell us anything about you or your experience in magick, so it does not meet our requirement for a proper introduction.

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in magick?

If you do, what, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you been practicing?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions?

If you have no experience, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

hello im saad 18yr im new here i have been having interest in evocation and magic but never having a true experiences i’m looking forward to learn cheers all

Hello everyone and nice to meet you all!

I don’t have a magic name, so just call me BlackWolf, please. I’m female, 27 years old and from Germany. I’ve found this forum a few weeks ago and got really excited about the vast of knowledge I discovered here and look forward of exploring it further.

My goal is to learn as much as I possibly can. I felt connected to magic since I was a child but never got into active practice out of fear of dissapointing my family, so my knowledge is theoretical at best. All my family members are Christians and I felt obliged to be the same. My mother loves her god and her religion but still gave me space to explore my own connection to it. Which I didn’t find, it just didn’t click with me and when I grew older it became more and more apparent that I couldn’t stay a part of this religion when I didn’t agree with it. So, I left church and felt guilty because I could tell my mother was sad about it, but not angry. I never regretted my decision though, it felt like disposing a huge burden and I’m still glad I did it every day.

Regarding magic, I would say I’m interested in everything but right now I started with meditation, chakras, aura, energy work through Yoga and Tai Chi, as well as Tarot and some Chaos Magic, especially servitors I find fascinating. Apart from that I would say I can be considered the typical nature-based witch. I like herbs, nature, animals and have a somewhat motherly relationship with the moon. What more can I say? Like I said, I don’t really have much experiences with active practice, apart from lucid dreaming maybe, this sort-of just happened when I was around 14 or 16 and stuck with me ever since. It happens quite often that I’m aware of my dream but I struggle with controlling it. I suspect I might have some unhealed trauma or something likely buried in my mind which is causing my frequent nightmares about (human and not so human) people trying to kill me, and that’s part of the reason why I started with shadow work.
So, mostly my current ambitions include improving my life quality and learning the basics of magic.

I also struggle with letting go of things that hurt me in the past, self-destruction issues, and keeping my brain focused on a beginner’s mindset. I hope shadow work will help me with that as well.

I consider myself still new to things because magic was always more of a life style to me and not an actual practice, and most things I read here don’t tell me anything yet. I started to take it more serious around two months ago. I hope to learn a lot from everyone here!

1 Like

Hi im oga tatsumi
From indonesian

Found this forum from google hihi
I mainly practice working with javaspell/javamagic

Found this forum to be most helpful, so I signed up. Hope I can be as useful to others as some of you have been to me in the future.

Peace! Thankyou!

1 Like

Welcome @Madason

How long have you practiced?

Do you have any experience in Western practices?

Welcome @BlackWolf

How long have you actively practiced?

Welcomw @saad0952

Where are you from?

How long have you practiced?

Do you follow a particular system or tradition?

Hello @DarkestKnight, thank you for welcoming me.

I started to practice actively around two weeks ago. Because before I begin with practical magic of any kind, I wanted to make sure I’d take care of my body first, such as eating enough and healthy, getting enough sleep, etc.

1 Like

Thank you for replying :slight_smile:

What bring you here to BALG? Anything area of particular interest?

To be honest, what brought me here was a fantasy book :sweat_smile: I’ve been looking through a few magic forums before but never found one that felt right to me, so I didn’t want to join them. Through the book I read I got the idea to alter my google search from “magic forum” to “magick forum” and bam, I’ve found BALG :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve browsed a little through the forum and found the people very nice, helpful and, to my honest surprise, unjudgemental. No one is judged for talking about “black magic” and that’s something I missed in the few other forums I’ve found. I’m not particulary interested in baneful magic or hurting others but I don’t like the whole thinking of black and white. In my opinion it all belongs together, there’s no light without darkness and so forth.

About a particular interest, I’m not sure yet. I want to make myself a servitor to help me battle my anxiety which kept me frozen for many years, but I’m worried I’m not strong enough for that yet. That’s why I want to get myself a solid foundation of the basics first, so I’m mostly interested in healing myself and evolving my consciousness, I guess.

Maybe you could give me a tip regarding protective magic. I want to take action in that as well, but I’m not sure if that’s too much yet. Because I need to push energy into the protection, shouldn’t my immediate action be to work on aligning my chakras to have this energy in the first place?

Thank you for your nice answer :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not necessarily, because you can also use external energy, rather than your personal stores. For example, you could draw on the energy of the sun to infuse your aura and create shielding. Or the earth beneath your feet.

Thank you so much for answering, @DarkestKnight, that actually helped me a lot! I didn’t even think about this possibility because I don’t like depending on others, trust issues, I guess :roll_eyes: But I did meditations and groundings before where I’ve drawn/exchanged energy with the earth, so I guess she won’t be mad at me for drawing from her a little more :wink:

1 Like