Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

I’ll just go by as Jo (she/they)

I think I like healing and helping magick, powers that help people and either use it as a protection or help them with a spiritual sickness

I want to be a singer or just be successful or something.

Struggles I have now : just studying and bad thoughts

Welcome @neni_is_an_Iida_simp

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in magick?

If so, what do you practice and how long have you practiced it?

I’m from the Philippines but now lives in NYC…

Not that familiar with magick but came from a family of healers

1 Like

So no practical experience of your own?

Nope

1 Like

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and again, welcome to the BALG forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m from London, United Kingdom

I have been practicing summoning demons from the Goetia for a year on and off, with a gap around Christmas - Back practicing now for a month

1 Like

Thank you for elucidating more.

Are you following a specific system or method?

Hello,
I am new to this Path. Unfortunately, I have not taken a magickal name, as I don’t intuit that it would serve any purpose at this time. I would say that I am not particularly interested in any type of magick per se, although I am familiar with most of the relevant jargon, etc. My background is in Western mysticism and dilettante occultism (Golden Dawn, Thelema).
I had a profound (for me) experience that pulled me into a type of Demonolatry, which I think of as more like a type of Bhakti yoga, combined with certain vamachara tendencies, practices, etc. I would say that my current motivation is to learn more and cast a very wide net.

Welcome @lefty_curious

How long have you practiced?

Im following the evocation and summoning method explained on here, in a pinned thread

I have worked differently in the past, but currently feel this is working best for me

Hello, I am new to this forum and i wanted to say hi to everyone.
Blessings,
Ultimatae

Welcome @Ultimatae11 Please introduce yourself properly. Tell us about yourself and any experience you have in magick. This post tells us nothing and does not meet our requirement for a proper introduction.

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in maigck?

If you do, what, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

If you don’t. what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

Practice might be a very strong word, which is why I maintain a strictly dilettante stance. I have done a Cabalistic Cross or two (mainly when in churches), and the LBRP on occasions. I have done amateur Qabbalah, and an astrological (natal) chart. I have owned a Tarot deck, and had success with it (long since gotten rid of). I have also, in the past, “correctly” seen/interpreted auras on other persons. Note that I don’t claim any of those skills at present (but could muddle through basic rituals if my life depended on it).

I own and have read:
“The Golden Dawn”, Regardie, '89 ed.
“Garden of Pomegranates”, Regardie
“Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradtion”, Cicero et al
“The Magick of Thelema”, DuQuette
“Bhagavad Gita”
various Thelema works (Book of the Law, etc.)
Several Bibles (various translations), and Nag Hammadi translations

In other words, the answer is “not long enough”. Up to this point I have not really practiced Solvitur Ambulando, sadly, which is no one’s fault but my own, I suppose.

2 Likes

Thank you DarkestKnight for welcoming me :wink:
I am an solitary witch and I live in Europe.
I am born with the gift and in contact with spirits and deities since I was a toddler. I have been practicing wicca and Traditional Witchcraft for many, many years.
I recently purchased the Grimoire “Queen of Hell” by Mark Alan Smith, and I would like to learn a bit about the expériences of other witches who are working with the currant of this grimoire…

Thank you @lefty_curious

Are you initiated in any systems or traditions?

Hello, I am Alinal and I have practiced Chaos Magick for the past two years after leaving the Christian church. I found this path after studying the New Thought movement and being lead to Mitch Horowitz and his teachings. This eventually lead to me studying Luciferianism with which I feel most comfortable. I work primarily with Lilith but more recently with King Paimon which has lead me to study the traditions surrounding the Goetia.

No. The only option through most of my life (up till this point) was Freemasonry, but the local chapters seem to be strictly Blue Lodge, as far as I can discern.

There are probably traditional witchcraft practitioners around, but they keep a looowwww profile. There are Wiccans, of course, but their groupings seem a bit eclectic, and I sort of scratch my head at some of their practices. That leaves AMORC Rosicrucianism, which was an option pre-COVID, but less so now (they are not doing initiations until things blow over). Hope that helps!

1 Like

my name is [8] - (evertrue) i am an avenging angel, created by god to destroy evil! i’ve been bombing the shit out of the wannabe illuminati impostors with magick for years now, costing them many billion$ my current ambition is to keep choking (redacted by moderator) until he helps me build The I.F.D.(Independent Fingerprint Database) a reincarnation website where you can be immortal by recording your unique fingerprints, which are the same life-after-life, and leaving an inheritance to yourself

Please introduce yourself properly @highness, not this ridiculous conspiracy fantasy nonsense.

Where are you from?

What, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

So you have experience in any specific systems or traditions?

What are your areas of interest?

3 Likes