Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

I would love to see a general post on your religion and the magickal aspects of it. Please feel free to @Narradas if you do post one.

Apologies for the initial very general post. I wasnā€™t aware of the introduction requirement and wanted something up immediately, as Iā€™d already posted in a thread several times. More details on me:

Academic Background
Anthropology, Philosophy and Religion and Culture. Formal, at university. Cultural for Anthro, general for Philosophy and non Judaic-Christian faiths for R&C.

Formal Energy Work Training
Therapeutic Touch III
Usui Reiki II
Spiritualist Church Healing

Ceremonial Magick Work
3 years in a Western order akin to the GD, but not the GD. Thatā€™s the closest equivalent though. I would consider this basic level. We also focused a lot on alchemy.

First Spell
32 years ago. A ritual against someone who had raped my friend. This was a turning point for me in magick as until then all my knowledge was theoretical. This shifted it to practical.

Past Practices
I worked through Bardonā€™s Initiation Into Hermetics. I got stuck at Tumo.
Various occult 'lite stuff, conferences, speaking engagements, public rituals etc.
Taught energy work classes for 6 years - I considered these basic, however feedback from others suggested they varied between intermediate - advanced.

Ongoing Practices
Working with energy as magick piggybacking on any system or tradition of interest at the time (32 years)
Vampirism (31 years)

Current Ongoing Focus
Working through the 13 gates of the Necronomicon, treating them as insights into my subconscious as opposed to any sort of external reality. Iā€™ve completed 4 at this point.
Slowing down my magick, learning patience with it.
Developing my relationship with Baron Samedi and Ogun especially, as well as other Orisha.

Books Iā€™ve read in 2021
To give a bit more insight/background:
The 13 gates of the Necronomicon (up to the 4th, reading them as the timeline comes up for each one)
Welsh Border Witchcraft
Practical Jinn Magick
Rainbow Body
Conjuring Harriet Mama Moses Tubman
Isese Spirituality Handbook
Veve

This doesnā€™t cover everything, however I hope this helps give more insight.

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Eliphas I reside in Canada. I have been practicing Demonic Magick since 8 years. And has been an initiated Demonolator since 6 years.

Im Arthyst
I wannabe a strength witch this is my ambition
U use folk magic
Im hungarien
Im using all the type of magic.

How long have you practiced?

1 year.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Valefor (I am in fact named after the demon), and Iā€™ve been practicing various kinds of magic for a little over 10 years. Iā€™ve been lurking here on and off for a while, just finally decided to make an account.

As of now, I practice primarily baneful and weaponized magic, planetary magic, workings with demons, as well as local folk magic. I also practice many kinds of divination and was the first thing I started with when I was young, inheriting an oracle and a tarot deck from my mother. I enjoy the unorthodox, I frequently utilize loopholes, experimentation, and wordplay, and I like to leave my magic open ended just to see what happens. I like chaos in my magic, but Iā€™m not necessarily a Chaos magician.

I donā€™t really have any particular goals with magic, I just like to soak up new knowledge and figure out new ways to utilize it.

Looking forward to being here! xoxo

3 Likes

Hello! my name is Daniel. I have been researching magic for a while now, itā€™s always interesting to see the kind of things it can be used for, I have a goal myselfā€¦ hopefully I can can get there sooner than expected, nice to meet everyone!

1 Like

What part of Canada? Iā€™m curious what you mean by initiated demonolatorā€¦ are you part of a group?

Thank you for doing an introduction as requested @daNNY.9

Do you have any practical experience in magick? You have said you have been ā€œresearchingā€ but not if you actually practice anything.

If you do, what, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

If you donā€™t, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

Thank you for letting us know more about you, welcome to the forum again.

No problem! I tried some basic stuffā€¦ how long have I practiced it? for a few months to be honest, the type of area that interests me the most is love magick.

2 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more, and again, welcome to the BALG forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem, thanks for the warm welcome!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Sandra!

I began practicing as a regular witch would, then moved into Hermetics/Demonology, which is where Iā€™m at right now. Iā€™m currently working at better manifestation skills.

Struggles? Well, finding empowerment, because Iā€™ve been in the middle of a feud with someone for years, and I just want to take that person down, because Iā€™m done. Sounds kind of petty, but I just want peace. Iā€™ve been drawn to Enochian Magick and well Qlippoth, but havenā€™t done much yet.

Welcome @neueskind

How long have you been practicing?

Hello. I do not have a special name. Iā€™m a 38 year old woman with schizophrenia and a host of other issues. From my earliest memory, I have had vivid dreams. I could taste the blood of those Iā€™d bitten on my mouth upon waking. My sleep paralysis caused me to see, hear and feel things of great terror approaching me. I am a narcoleptic, so I experience sleep paralysis and hallucinations regularly sure to REM controlling my life. I have spent most of my life grinding these experiemces and my ugly feelings into logical boxes and I am ready to let them out. Vivid dreams of sex and transformation, feeling flesh and skin, smelling the sweat and purification in releasing the thing inside of me which feels likeā€¦ raw power. But then I wake up, life seems blurry and unreal. The reality of my physical impurities and the ugliness that has taken me agree years of medication bind me to my bed. I can feel myself dying. Iā€™m an animal in a cage. My name desires drive me to protect my daughter and devour everything I see. How do I find someone who knows a life like this, of hallucinations and self containment? I only want the power that I know I have back, and I want MY beauty to return so I can have the things I want and give everything to my daughter.

Welcome @DiscordiaDisco

Do you have any practical experience in magick? You have not mentioned if you do or not.

Hi, Iā€™m Dilys. Iā€™m 21, a linguistics major.

I lived in many different places due to my fatherā€™s job and as a result I kind of hopped around from faith to faith. I grew up in a secular Muslim family, left the faith around 16 and converted to Christianity. By 17, I thought, as the local saying goes around here, that it was the same shit but in dark blue, so I became an atheist. I bounced around various communities and friend groups and learned more about different practices and spirituality. Last year, a friend I made online whoā€™s a theistic Luciferian recommended this forum to me. Iā€™ve been lurking ever since and kind of trying things on my own. I finally decided to make an account.

Iā€™m not really sure what kind of magick I like but Iā€™m definitely on the Left Hand Path. My ambition in the long term is to be easily able to evoke/invoke at will and build a relationship with the entities I like, both in this life and in the ā€œafterlifeā€.

My current struggle is a common one: meditation. I feel like I can do it if I try hard but I donā€™t like meditatingā€¦ at all. It just makes me feel uncomfortable. Another thing is my being skeptical of literally everything. I feel like it is good to have a healthy amount of skepticism, but I also try to think bigger and not outright deny the possibility of things existing and happening beyond what science can explain.

Iā€™m grateful that my friend led me to this forum because Iā€™ve learned so much and it feels like such a warm community and itā€™s good that I finally joined instead of lurking around.

2 Likes

Welcome to the BALG forum.

Do you have any practical experience? What sort of things have you been trying?