Intro + I don't know where to start and I might've done something stupid or rash

Ok so I was reading about petitioning a god or goddess. While I know absolutely nothing about magic I don’t know if it was a wise decision I did it without any prior knowledge. I just googled “gods and goddesses” and picked Athena literally not knowing if that was a very good choice. So I asked for all magical knowledge and some other stuff and asked for it in a month. So now what? Do I just wait? Also what kind of magic is good for beginners?

3 Likes

Start off with meditation. Get yourself some books on topics that interest you. And a website called Quareia is a good place to introduce you to the fundamentals of things. For your other questions. I don’t know much about Athena so I can’t say for certain she actually heard you. Also, Magick doesn’t exactly work like that. The entities expect something in return. I don’t know much about petitions either so I don’t know if you have to have an offering ready. But thats usually what you do.

Welcome to the forum @Icy_Kiwi. Please post an introduction and tell us a bit about yourself. It is a rule of this forum.

Edit: I added “intro” to your title so this thread can stand as your introduction.

As a newbie myself I would say learn from books , find the area or an entity of your interest first then look for books about them , you can look for reviews of the book on this forum. I found there is way too much info on here for a new magician and some conflicting ideas very confusing ! I read books and made up my mind first then started asking questions here so now I know which answer resonates and helps and which one doesn’t ! Good luck ! :+1:

If she responds she will give you what she feels you will be able to work with make sure you give an offering in return n a prayer to her as well ok good luck can’t wait to know what happened

Something tells me she won’t answer. That’s not how magick works: Contact one entity, ask to gain and learn everything within a month and then chill on your riches and powers. You think we wouldn’t have done it already?

Relax and enjoy, this ride will last for many maaaany years.

2 Likes

Hello, you could try and learn more about polytheism. There are polytheistic reenactment groups who hold specific rituals. Check the calendars to know when it is a good time to honor and petition Athena.