Into the Fire, Walking with Satanael

Edit: I decided to put this as a journal as I plan on revisiting this later. I want to reask the questions i did to see if i can get more details. This touches a bit on religion as he is well…considered the bad guy of a faith. This are the raw responses and does touch on things from my past that might offend. You have been warned.

So, I was originally planning on doing this over the weekend with a nice chalk circle, smouldering and all my usual ritual trappings. However, the plans changed with a series of events starting with the obsession of this being’s name in my head. Then I found out I would be waiting for the guy I would be car pooling with to get out of work four hours later than usual. Finally, I had been told to take a step back and observe mey team work as opposed to give a hand, allowing me time to think on how I can use the usual gates i use for evocation away from my temple. I realized i pretty much was going to be evoking in the parking lot at work, whether I like it or not.

It was at the early stages of dawn when I got out into the car. I began by relaxing my body despite the cold through deep breathing and focusing on each of my muscle groups, willing them to ease. I knocked on the dash board three times to mark the beginning of the ritual and performed LBRP in the traditional style. I then layered it with my circle of black fire ritual to serve as a ward against imposters.

I visualized the heat coming off my body, marking it as the gate of fire and opening it. I shifted my focus to the spit shifting in my mouth, marking it as the gate of running water and opening that. I focused on the blood coursing through my body, visualizing it rising to my skin and releasing a red hue of energy, marking it as the gage of blood and opening it. Finally, i focused on my breath, which I could see due to the cold and marked that as the gate of smoke, opening that. With all these mediums for spirits to manifest, i began to chant Satanael’s name.

He came pretty quickly, if he was not already there, as my breath parted as if a face was looking straight at me. His presence was dark and thick, but i got the vibe of curiosity instead of something necessarily hostile. The imagery of a man made from flames with burning eyes came to my mind. So I began the dialog

M: welcome, Satanael. Thank you for appearing here.

S: thank you for inviting me.

M: I wanted a chance to get to know you a bit, so do you mind answering some questions?

S: Ask away,

M: Okay, well would rather go by Satanael or Satan?

S: Satanael. There are others who take the mantle Satan, so that will be simpler.

M: Okay, do you hold that title as well?

S: I do.

M: So, why does no being emerge when i have tried calling Satan in the past? It tends to result in a visual of a fire in my chest as opposed to a being

S: You were not specific enough. As I have said, there are others who hold that title. You technically could as well.

M: please explain.

S: You play the role. You have been the accuser all your life, regardless of the faith you pursued. Have you forgotten your rage at the corruption you witnessed around you as you grew up?

M: No, I have not.

S: And did you not call individuals out on their hypocrisy multiple times throughout your life?

M: -reflects on the fights I used to get in all the time as well as some other acts i did as a Christian such as tearing off crucifixes from people’s throats when i caught them bullying a gay kid, calling them unworthy- i did.

S: then how are you not?

M: I thought that title was reserved for angels?

S: -sighs- things are not always as they appear in your books. You should know that.

M: Okay, what can you bring to the table as far as skills you can teach?

S: Mainly how to influence others by bringing up what they hold inside, how to make someone reveal what they hide, how to prevent yourself from being influenced, and revealing the truth of yourself. But i am not a source of comfort and I am not responsible for how you react to the knowledge as you may not like what you see. That is on you.

M: Interesting. Is there anything you want in exchange?

S: while I appreciate some wine and meat, I rather have discussions. And do not bow, or kneel, or beg (there was quite a bit of force behind this one).

M: Okay, I will keep that in mind. One final question, are you at war with God?

S: -heavy sigh with a groan- why are you humans obsessed with war? I am not. I don’t need to be. Religion is not about the spirits. I am done, but first a parting gift.

At this point I felt a pressure as if a finger was placed on my forehead, following by an intense rush of heat, and as quickly as it came, it was gone. I dismissed the angels, closed the gates, and knocked on the dashboard three times to mark the end of the ritual.

Overall interesting experience that I enjoyed. I stretched myself a bit by evoking away from my temple, Satanael seems interesting, and i am curious of what he may offer in the future. While every spirit can be dangerous, he at least gave a warning about needing to care for your mind while descending into the depths of yourself and did not attack me. So I may do a pathworking with him in the future.

25 Likes

Nice evocation.

1 Like

Thank you. I was not sure if that method would work so i was pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

This was a great read honestly and neat experience!

3 Likes

Thank you, I actually never heard of Satanael prior to your mentioning of him. It helped me jump down this rabbit hole so thank you

3 Likes

Well, this is a really good post, Charles.

If you do a pathworking with him, please chronicle in your journal, I would be very interested in reading.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, man. I’ll look forward to it.

2 Likes

I liked this. This was good. I may try to evoke him myself.

2 Likes

Very nice read. I havent ever heard of Satanael perhaps i shall save his name just incase i wish to work with him in the future.

1 Like

Koetting’s call to summon forth uses the name of Satan’el. I’ve used it for several months and that name always stood out. Glad we are paying attention to it.

1 Like

After much thought, I have decided that this will be my next pathworking. I will be recording my experiences working and learning from this spirit. I am not sure how long I will be working with him, but this feels needed regardless.

I have done some research on the lore behind this particular spirit, which is not much, but i will be briefly addressing it later tonight as part of this journal. While I tend to rely on my experiences to define what the spirit is actually like, learning how other people viewed them can help me have questions to ask the spirits themselves for interesting discussions/food for thought. Please take that entry as you will.

2 Likes

this sounds like he was a bit aggravated here, though i may be wrong

Oh yeah, he definitely seemed to be. The tone was quite…cold when he said it.

1 Like

how was his overall energy during the evocation?

It’s hard to put in words…the best I would describe it as if you were in the presence of an old school gentlemen who you know has a lot of power. Not exactly intimidating, but definitely can come across that way in certain situations… There was a sense of curiousity from him, even after that question as well. Overall, it would not describe it as bad.

Interestingly enough, the memory of an old tobacco shop i hung out in college where local people of power would hang out and smoke cigars and pipes came to mind

2 Likes

interesting

Perfect. Something my evocation and pact with Satan confirms. I guess we managed to contact the same entity. I was told to become the adversary of everything. It would bring total salvation in my damnation.

1 Like

Brief Overview of Satanael’s Lore

(Note: this is all just observations of how other people have viewed Sataneal in the past. This is not to say the spirit i will be working with has done or is like these things. This is only useful for context in future discussions and possible inspiration for questions for the spirit. Always important to keep in mind while researching)

I am going to keep this short and sweet as there is not much to go on. I have found only a few references of this particular spirit. The first comes the second Book of Enoch. This one is indirect as it does not mention Satanael (spelled as Satanail in this case) as actually being present. Instead, we hear about a group of angels known as “the angels of Satanail” who refused God’s command for them to bow to Enoch. For this, they were imprisoned. Obviously, there is not much to draw on this to get to know how people in the past viewed Satanael other than the possiblity that there are angels who have chosen to follow him.

The second source I have found comes from both Bogomilism (a sect of Christian Gnosticism) and the later Catharism (who was heavily influenced by Bogomilism). Here, there are a few interesting things to note. Satanael (or just straight Satan depending on the translation) was the eldest son of God and his right hand man. Over time, he grew tired of the position and rebelled. God rejected him after he convinced other angels to join him, it was believed that Satanail wanted to create his own Heaven, leading to the physical world. He created all living and non living things of this earth. However, when it came to creating Adam, his work was not perfect and the breath of life leaked out of him, creating the snake of the Garden of Eden instead (there is a side story of the snake sleeping with Eve and fathering Cain as well). It took God to point out the flaw and to essentially finished the job. In the view of the believers of the time, Satanael was the creator of the Physical world (with all its flaws) while God creaed the Spiritual. Both ruled over Adam and his descendants until Jesus stripped the divinity from Satanael, turning him into Satan. Obviously, there is quite a bit of bias with this (as they viewed everything of the physical as unclean and this world being the literal hell) but does bring some interesting questions to ask Satanael.

Finally, going back to Enoch, there is a very brief mentioning of Satanael aside from his association with other angels where he is known as “an angel who knows the difference between Righteousness and sin”. This sounds pretty similiar to the being Satan who, while the word being a title, was also a character known to challenge the faith of people who God favored. Not a whole lot to go on, but i could ask Satanael about his claimed role.

I would recommend actually reading Enoch 2 for references of Satanael/Satanail, as sharing a pdf here would be breaking the rules. But i will include links to articles about Bogomilism and Catharism as i went more in detail with that story, as there are not many differences on the tale.

https://occult-world.com/satanael-satanail/

2 Likes

Evocation

I repeated the same process as I did previously, using my own body to help with the manifestation process. Satanael came fairly quickly with the imagery of an older man stepping through my ward for imposters and standing in front of me. We exchanged thank yous and pleasantries before getting to work.

M: So, let’s recap from our last discussion? Can you teach not only how to influence but to resist it as well?

H: Yes.

M: And you are not at war with “God”?

H: Yes.

M: Okay, so if I were to choose to work with you, what should I expect?

H: That I will not be the only one. You have earned a reputation and my brothers are also interested in you. Azrael, among others, have said kind things.

M: by your brothers, do you mean fallen angels or demons?

At this point i got a strong sense of approval with fallen angels.

M: what exactly is a fallen angel, from your perspective? Where they cast out by a higher being?

S: More like one of two conditions, they left the being they served or they fell out of the approval from human beings.

M: Interesting, what separates a demon from a “fallen” angel then?

S: Different clans, not much more.

M: Okay. The Cathars credited you with creating the physical realm, mankind included? Is that true?

S: not alone, no. It is a part truth, not whole. Many had their hands with that.

M: okay, a more personal question on my end, why does it seem like every step I take towards ascension result in wading through my shadow?

S: Because that is the process for you. You claim to want knowledge but strive for wisdom. Both come from very different sources. By understanding yourself, you are understanding the world around you, as well as how to influence it.

M: and what aspect of the shadow will I be walking with you?

S: you will have to find out.

M: how do you want to make this agreement? through a pact?

S: Yes, we can discuss it later after you have had time to think about it. Don’t jump in too hasty

With that, he was gone.

3 Likes

Restrictions: Preparation

Okay, so this is not going to be as interesting of a post as a record of an experience with a spirit. However, I find it to be an important topic to discuss, especially for those who have not really jumped in deep with spirits. When you begin to work with a spirit in terms of a pathworking and other long period workings to build a relationship, you are essentially throwing your life wide open to that spirit. While this can lead to great results and sometimes real change, it also has its own dangers as well. If you do not discuss what is and is not on the table, there will be lines that are crossed that you are not willing to occur. The spirits we work with do not think like we do and may not see or understand what is important to us (just like it is with other people) which is why we must point it out and draw a line. If they cross it afterwards, we know where they stand.

That being said, we also have to be willing to sacrifice somethings for the purpose of moving forward. Things will have to get uncomfortable if you want to dive deep. But it does not have to be a free fall either. While my personal list does change with every spirit, here are my usual restrictions: Do not interact with my family unless they choose to (as my wife does work with spirits and my children are old enough to start exploring), Do not influence my source of income, Do not take energy from me unless I give it to you, and do not affect my animals. Those are the four lines I draw as they revolve around my personal responsibilities.

As far as my personal emotional comfort, my sanity, and physical well being in terms of health, I usually leave that one the table. While some find that to be a little…well, insane, it is my own choice. I have learned in this life that wisdom comes from pain and I am not stranger from it. But this should entirely be gauged by the individual.

As far as how to figure out where to draw lines for yourself, write a list of things you would not want another person to do to you on a piece of paper. What lines would you draw? What would you give a pass with? When you are finished, put the paper away and come back to it in a few days. Do you still agree with your list, or do things need to be changed? Edit the list and repeat if you feel the need to. It does not need to be perfect, but it should be something you are confident with when you go to present it in ritual.

3 Likes