Interesting story about my (christian) family and....demons

Back when I first discovered death metal, I’d buy my first cd’s and enjoy the music in my stereo, one day my father kindly asked me not to listen to that music when he is around.

It can be quite obvious that such music can be disturbing for those who do not appreciate it, but still, I didn’t understand such a reaction and went on to ask him about it.

Turns out that back when they were members of a local church, he had a business at that time. He was about to move the firm to a new building, but he happened to feel some sort of oppresive feeling in the building, so before he actually made the decision he and some friends from the church gathered there for prayer.

In the middle of their prayer, they started seeing figures moving around, dark figures that looked like black smoke…he said the image wasn’t very clear. Also, these spirits would growl at them, much like in the style of the music I was listening to.

I was taken aback…I didn’t know what to say,I haven’t yet had the opportunity to hear nor see a demon, so not sure those spirits they saw were demons really…

I’ve heard some quite creepy stories experienced by christians (trying to undo curses for example…), and it wasn’t something I read on the Internet,it happened to people close to me.

This makes me puzzled…those spirits were seen and heard by people who never cared to practice any type of spirit contact, some know nothing about it…and not to mention they weren’t asleep, or in a trance like state of mind…

Prayer brings one into a trance.

These aren’t necessarily demons. There are literally a billion different things it could be.

1 Like

Sometimes old buildings just have a rather negative past associated with them. Did your father ever look into the history of the building? See if anything bad happened there, or possibly someone practiced magick in that building and forgot to close their temple, their working space before they left. Christians can feel magick and even spirits if they are intuitively aware and they believe in it. To them it feels negative because they haven’t been educated enough to know what they’re actually feeling, so it scares them.

My mom always told me to turn down my metal too, she said it sounded like a bunch of demons from hell screaming in unison.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:3, topic:5459”]Sometimes old buildings just have a rather negative past associated with them. Did your father ever look into the history of the building? See if anything bad happened there, or possibly someone practiced magick in that building and forgot to close their temple, their working space before they left. Christians can feel magick and even spirits if they are intuitively aware and they believe in it. To them it feels negative because they haven’t been educated enough to know what they’re actually feeling, so it scares them.

My mom always told me to turn down my metal too, she said it sounded like a bunch of demons from hell screaming in unison.[/quote]

I don’t think he did.

By the way, that makes me enjoy the death metal type of growling even more…

Plus fear places your senses on high alert, so they probably became more psychically aware.

I think the growling effect, which I’ve heard too, may be something like this: Doppler effect - sometimes angels sound like birdsong, and some demons or deceased people are more growly, it reminded me of that effect anyway.

1 Like

I’ve heard that growling too. So it’s actually quite normal? Eric also mentioned that growling and hissing can sometimes be heard. I thought it sounded like growling because that’s what we’ve all been programmed by the TV to expect from those religiously over-exaggerated possession movies, thinking oh no, the TV has destroyed my perceptions.