Integrating The Target

I came across a text by Crowley concerning baneful Magick a while ago, in which he stated that one of his associates killed a target and then assumed its qualities.

He then subdued the qualities of the target and subordinated them to his Will.

I recently notice that my character and even my body is changing and is in some ways becoming similar to a target from whom I have not heard in a while. This is unusual, I normally don’t experience such strange changes in being. It is almost as if I am assimilating the guy into myself, like a Snake that eats its prey.

My question: Has anybody else experienced similar things?
So far I only have Crowley’s comment, which would make perfect sense.

Would be good to hear from others.

I’m intrigued as well.

A while back, Jason Miller mentioned (in a post primarily about Twin Peaks) the Tibetan Dugma sect, women who poison travelers and tourists. The poison takes nine days to take effect, but they believe that the blessings and merits of the victim will pass to the poisoner.

This whole idea of absorbing some qualities of a victim makes me think of cannibalism. It would be interesting to hear an occult explanation of the mechanics at work.

This is strange. I just came up with an hypothesis, but its only that.

The energy you sent at your target may still be integrated to your very being, thus acting as a bridge btw you guys. Due to your lack of resistance and/or stability, at least at some level of your own being, your target is capable of affecting you that way.

Do you mind in sharing the method you employed, just as the book you made mention of?

[quote=“Diazin, post:3, topic:4309”]This is strange. I just came up with an hypothesis, but its only that.

The energy you sent at your target may still be integrated to your very being, thus acting as a bridge btw you guys. Due to your lack of resistance and/or stability, at least at some level of your own being, your target is capable of affecting you that way.

Do you mind in sharing the method you employed, just as the book you made mention of?[/quote]

There is a possibility for that. I have dedicated a lot of time to ensure that I will be resistent and stable during recent weeks though, so much so that it is relatively unlikely. I am also not really getting any signs of attack from said individual. He is not trained in sorcery, but has been made aware some months ago, that it does exist. The question is how seriously does he take it. The answer is, I consider all my enemies as though they take Magick extremely seriously.

On top of that, there is Crowley’s explanation which would refute your argument as he is referring to an adept, who is advanced. I wont go into details as to what I mean as I don’t want to rouse too much attention towards this subject matter. Those who are interested will find out more either way.

Here is the literal quote taken from Magick in Theory & Practice:
“As explained above, in another connexion, he who “destroys” any being must accept it, with all the responsibilities attached, as part of himself. The Adept here in question was therefore obliged to incorporate the elemental spirit of the girl — she was not human, the sheath of a Star, but an advanced planetary daemon, whose rash ambition had captured a body beyond its capacity to conduct — in his own magical vehicle. He thereby pledged himself to subordinate all the sudden accession of qualities — passionate, capricious, impulsive, irrational, selfish, short-sightedness, sensual, fickle, crazy, and desperate, to his True Will”

So in other words it looks like the new qualities are a sign that the spirit of the target is slowly leaving their body and being integrated into my own. If that were not the case, the energy would still be floating around the universe either way, and would probably return to me sometime in a future incarnation. So if you engage in Baneful Magick, and I speak from some level of experience, it is always wise to know that if you do strike a target, you are advanced enough to integrate its energetic profile. Because if you can’t, then good luck.

In other words, let’s say an ordinary guy who is unstable decides to kill Hitler during WWII. Since there are so many people who already cursed Hitler, it may actually be possible for the ordinary guy to become the little bit of weight necessary to finally topple the stache. But once he has done it, some of the energy profile of Hitler, who had trouble containing his own massive energy will now spill into the “killer”. And since the killer most likely only got angry at Hitler because so many others did, he is most likely not a Magician who is trained to take it on. In other words, he would probably, just like Hitler, commit suicide or similar, very soon afterwards.

:slight_smile:

The only things about other people which can annoy us are the things we don’t like about ourselves.

If you hated this guy enough to curse him, you still have aspects of yourself that need ironing out. They aspects didn’t appear in you, they were always there and were the reason you disliked this guy so much in the first place.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:5, topic:4309”]The only things about other people which can annoy us are the things we don’t like about ourselves.

If you hated this guy enough to curse him, you still have aspects of yourself that need ironing out. They aspects didn’t appear in you, they were always there and were the reason you disliked this guy so much in the first place.[/quote]

Correction to my initial comment: Actually you may very well be right.
I have been noticing synchronicities concerning this conclusion for months now.

Any suggestions on how to “iron these aspects out”?