Integral concern directed at the managers

I fully agree with the fact that no political or economic issues should discussed within this website, however, it confuses me that every ad that I see is political. This is contradictory and goes against the principals of this website. Please explain to me the reason for this…

Again I would like to add that I do not believe there should be any economic or political discussions being held. I do think this is a valid concern. Correct me if I am wrong.

Everything ends up being sort of political, because we put certain ways of viewing the world into labels, and then parties or controversial boxes.

1 Like

I do understand that but when I see an ad that says, “Trump ends another Obama program” with negative connotations implied. I would say that is as politically driven as something can be :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

But adds are separated from the forum, as they normally are tailored to suit your needs based in cookies information and previous search functions.

You must be a person who reads a lot about news and politics.

2 Likes

I do not, The site is paid by ads and can approve or disapprove of certain ads. That I am sure of. It was just a concern of mine and I thought I would ask and inform. That is all.

Then you erase your search function or have such conflicting interest programmed labels that adds don’t know what you like the most, so they throw you whatever.

This is not dependent on balg.

1 Like

For sure my brother. Noted.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I dont think BALG is responsible for the adds however they do not interfere internally in balg

If u dont like the add you could easily tap on it and say i dont like this add so in future u will be getting less adds about that category

3 Likes

I don’t think the ads are political, but they may be ads for media websites with political articles.

We will then agree to disagree. Thank you both for your input!

1 Like

You got some good answers already so I’ll just drop this in as confirmation - ads are not chosen by BALG personally, they keep the forum free for us all as well, it gets a tremendous amount of traffic from non-members who just swing by to read or run some searches for the material they need. :+1:

Timothy did clarify this and also provided some suggestions if you need to block the ads:

2 Likes

It would be really funny (and really cool) that a local hot dogs business would be supporting black magick :rofl:

1 Like

the horned sau666ge

I’ve never seen them. Guess It’s because I have a good ad blocker.

Also, the ads are heavily targeted, I bought some jewelry over the holidays for a family member and now I see a dozen ads for rings every time I get on here - I have to assume that if you’re seeing political ads, it’s because you look at political stuff online? Maybe you can clear your cookies or something to get the ads to refresh to something different

Edit: I’m on iPhone, this won’t necessarily apply to desktop or Android users, but I’m sure you can do a quick search for your device to figure out how to do it

1 Like

Lol, ok cool well I guess its all good. Thanks everyone

1 Like