Inspiring a Dark Trance Like Mind State Before Ritual

If you are looking for an alternative way to get in the mood before an evocation or magickal working, I think this may help. Now keep in mind, I am no award winning musician but I gave this my all. I have created my first musical album, strictly occult themed and with heavily dark undertones. No, it’s NOT metal. I will explain in a second but first let me say, this is not an attempt to advertise as I do not charge for my songs, my music is free to everyone.

The purpose of posting this here is because my entire album has a deep spiritual imprint engrained into my songs. With every song on this album, they were either made in dedication to a specific entity or that entity helped me make the song. In other words, I had a lot of demonic help and inspiration for this album so it’s very dark but not gory, bloody, violent dark. I mean dark as in the essence of darkness itself. If you will listen very carefully you will feel the darkness imprinting on you as you listen, that’s how strong the demonic influence was with this album.

The purpose, is to get the magician into a state of higher concentration thus activating the higher consciousness. If you will give it a serious listen, especially all the way thru the album you will notice a definite slight alteration in your consciousness. Some have told me they feel on the verge of a trance when listening, others state they feel euphoric with heightened awareness, and a few very sensitive people have told me they feel a comforting but dark energy surrounding them in the room.

The musical style is comprised of a mixture of trance, dark techno, easy listening goth rock, mild hip hop drum beats, dark instrumental symphony, borderline dubstep on some songs, and well it’s a strange combo but nothing hard to listen to. Each song has a slightly different genre mixture. The songs alternate between instrumentals and songs with words. It has a very strong Vampire Lestat feel to it. This is a brand new youtube channel, and I just uploaded this album a little bit ago.

One more thing, there is one song with some light screaming “The Hypocritical Religion” but I only do it 3 times and I am not singing perse in that song, more of a speaking with occasional singing thing where I am addressing the christians in an attempt to scare them. You can tell by the lyrics, it’s just for scare factor. And in another song I say “the new order” it’s not some Illuminati crap. I suppose some religious nuts will mistake it for new world order but I actually meant that metaphorically, a changing of the times when the christians will fall.

Take a listen when you have time. The whole thing flows and is easy to space out to. I made it into a playlist with individual songs for easier selection, I did not upload the entire album into one long video so you can skip over anything you hate. This puts me in a very dark mood, ready to take on a magickal task. I think it’s the dark energy I put into making this album especially since, I was sort of not in control of myself when I made most of these songs. I was taken over and shit was just forced out. If you don’t like it that’s okay, not everyone likes this dark style of music and like I said, I’m no award winner I’m just a novice musician with a passion for music and the occult.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsJnF71AtskD2uIDE5hVwPxjXYv7RbqE]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsJnF71AtskD2uIDE5hVwPxjXYv7RbqE[/url]

SO cool, I’ve only had a chance to listen to a small amount because it’s not that time of day unfortunately but damn, you do have an AMAZING voice! :slight_smile:

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:1, topic:5671”]I’m no award winner I’m just a novice musician

[url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsJnF71AtskD2uIDE5hVwPxjXYv7RbqE]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsJnF71AtskD2uIDE5hVwPxjXYv7RbqE[/url][/quote]

Are you fucking kidding me? This is BRILLIANT. You are my new Diamanda Galas.

By the way, there is a market for this, you should speak to E.A.

Thank you! I was trying to avoid the traditional feminine pitch and go for something a little deeper with lots of vocal frying. I wasn’t trying to sound like Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande. I did do a few songs like that but I did not put them on the album because with the darker feel, the higher pitch pop-country vocals just don’t sound right.

Well I found it delicious.

Whow! actually seems pretty nice and good… Reminds me of some dark video game music… And ebm/dark electro/whatever.

I wish i get over my laziness and learn to compose too, i would just like to scream to the mic on the stage - but its so hard to find people to start a band with (decent people :smiley: ) well i guess i’ll consult spirits and powers of existence about that later on.

Sexy music!

No need to form a band. I am doing collaborations with a few people right now that are in separate countries, and we are just sending the files thru email and overlaying our own additions to the track on our computers. Pretty simple. I am wanting to do some vocals and synth overlays for a metal guitar and I am a beginner at guitar so, that would not be good if I attempted to play guitar and record it. Looking for other people to do the guitar parts.

Much respect. Only listened to the 9 kings ,but I like your style.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:1, topic:5671”]If you are looking for an alternative way to get in the mood before an evocation or magickal working, I think this may help. Now keep in mind, I am no award winning musician but I gave this my all. I have created my first musical album, strictly occult themed and with heavily dark undertones. No, it’s NOT metal. I will explain in a second but first let me say, this is not an attempt to advertise as I do not charge for my songs, my music is free to everyone.

The purpose of posting this here is because my entire album has a deep spiritual imprint engrained into my songs. With every song on this album, they were either made in dedication to a specific entity or that entity helped me make the song. In other words, I had a lot of demonic help and inspiration for this album so it’s very dark but not gory, bloody, violent dark. I mean dark as in the essence of darkness itself. If you will listen very carefully you will feel the darkness imprinting on you as you listen, that’s how strong the demonic influence was with this album.

The purpose, is to get the magician into a state of higher concentration thus activating the higher consciousness. If you will give it a serious listen, especially all the way thru the album you will notice a definite slight alteration in your consciousness. Some have told me they feel on the verge of a trance when listening, others state they feel euphoric with heightened awareness, and a few very sensitive people have told me they feel a comforting but dark energy surrounding them in the room.

The musical style is comprised of a mixture of trance, dark techno, easy listening goth rock, mild hip hop drum beats, dark instrumental symphony, borderline dubstep on some songs, and well it’s a strange combo but nothing hard to listen to. Each song has a slightly different genre mixture. The songs alternate between instrumentals and songs with words. It has a very strong Vampire Lestat feel to it. This is a brand new youtube channel, and I just uploaded this album a little bit ago.

One more thing, there is one song with some light screaming “The Hypocritical Religion” but I only do it 3 times and I am not singing perse in that song, more of a speaking with occasional singing thing where I am addressing the christians in an attempt to scare them. You can tell by the lyrics, it’s just for scare factor. And in another song I say “the new order” it’s not some Illuminati crap. I suppose some religious nuts will mistake it for new world order but I actually meant that metaphorically, a changing of the times when the christians will fall.

Take a listen when you have time. The whole thing flows and is easy to space out to. I made it into a playlist with individual songs for easier selection, I did not upload the entire album into one long video so you can skip over anything you hate. This puts me in a very dark mood, ready to take on a magickal task. I think it’s the dark energy I put into making this album especially since, I was sort of not in control of myself when I made most of these songs. I was taken over and shit was just forced out. If you don’t like it that’s okay, not everyone likes this dark style of music and like I said, I’m no award winner I’m just a novice musician with a passion for music and the occult.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsJnF71AtskD2uIDE5hVwPxjXYv7RbqE]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsJnF71AtskD2uIDE5hVwPxjXYv7RbqE[/url]

Great work. Just saved to my Youtube play list! I am a Diamanda Galas fan and use her music to get ‘in the mood’ for ritual work. I will now do the same with yours.[/quote]

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:1, topic:5671”]If you are looking for an alternative way to get in the mood before an evocation or magickal working, I think this may help. Now keep in mind, I am no award winning musician but I gave this my all. I have created my first musical album, strictly occult themed and with heavily dark undertones. No, it’s NOT metal. I will explain in a second but first let me say, this is not an attempt to advertise as I do not charge for my songs, my music is free to everyone.

Great work. Just saved to my Youtube play list! I am a Diamanda Galas fan and use her music to get ‘in the mood’ for ritual work. I will now do the same with yours.[/quote]

Thank you all for the positive comments. You can tell there was a lot of occult influence behind the album, the entire thing, even songs with no words has a dark undertone. I’m sure some people still think I am a man or a very old woman with a smoker’s voice LOL, but with the nature of the songs, the high pitch voice thing just seemed out of context so I eliminated the songs like that but I might go ahead and include some like that on the next album, just to mix it up a bit.

By the way, I looked into Diamanda Galas. Never heard of her before until two people mentioned her on this thread. Very interesting vocal pitches. One of her songs (not really a song, more like spoken poetry) reminds me so much of Bette Midler in the movie Hocus Pocus, where she reaches those screeching witchy tones. But Diamanda’s work is very chilling!

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:11, topic:5671”]Thank you all for the positive comments. You can tell there was a lot of occult influence behind the album, the entire thing, even songs with no words has a dark undertone. I’m sure some people still think I am a man or a very old woman with a smoker’s voice LOL, but with the nature of the songs, the high pitch voice thing just seemed out of context so I eliminated the songs like that but I might go ahead and include some like that on the next album, just to mix it up a bit.

By the way, I looked into Diamanda Galas. Never heard of her before until two people mentioned her on this thread. Very interesting vocal pitches. One of her songs (not really a song, more like spoken poetry) reminds me so much of Bette Midler in the movie Hocus Pocus, where she reaches those screeching witchy tones. But Diamanda’s work is very chilling![/quote]

Just a quick note: I particularly enjoy “9 Kings.” And I truly like the way you sing the lyrics “…as above so below…” Cool! I also just followed you at G+. Looking forward to more of your work. G

Okay this is very interesting. You know how my youtube channel is not just music, I am also slowly adding occult related videos as tutorials as well. I just noticed this today while checking my youtube channel to do some updates. Look at the pic on the far right side where it says related channels. It has my channel listed as similar to E.A.'s. I don’t think it was that chant video I did a few months ago because this never showed up until I started posting occult related videos about hauntings and sigil magick. It used to just say “no similar recommendations found”.

That’s freakin crazy to be listed as similar to him, and an honor indeed because he is a far greater magician than I am and I have a lot of respect for Eric so this is exciting. And I must say, Eric has inspired me to do a lot of the work I have been doing recently with my blog and my youtube channel.

Two thumbs up … Awsome RavensAscent :wink:

Beautiful tracks Raven.And of course i can’t avoid to mention the 808 beats you like to use (lol).Not completely sure but i can recognize some roland trademark kicks and claps.
You reminded me Andrea Parker’s sound.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0cf0-8k2oU]Andrea Parker - Breaking The Code - YouTube

Oh wow, Andrea has a wonderful sound, so dark and those heavy drum beats. Thanks for the link and the nice comment.

By the way Dron, I just now caught what you said earlier. I’m not using a Roland 808. I am using a Yamaha keyboard with midi output connected to my computer. I don’t use pre-made drum beats, I make them all from scratch very tediously, note by note then I copy the same track twice and slide it over a little and set it to a delay to produce the really fast drum beats that have that echo effect. I actually find the drum beats to be a pain in the butt sometimes. I have a digital display on my keyboard that allows me to sync the tracks to my computer and edit the notes after I play them on my keyboard via bluetooth wifi. It was a $470 keyboard and of course, the computer software was not included with that price.

Then you know very good what you’re doing.I thought that most of the patterns were ready to go samples and phrases maybe from ‘‘Reason’’ software.
You’re great.

personally i like to throw on some Wu-Tang before ritual, ODB had some pretty occult lyrics on his albums.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO9i4vmY4yk]- YouTube

[quote=“dron, post:18, topic:5671”]Then you know very good what you’re doing.I thought that most of the patterns were ready to go samples and phrases maybe from ‘‘Reason’’ software.
You’re great.[/quote]

Never heard of Reason software, or not exactly sure what you mean by that but the electronic keyboards, I have had a few different models throughout my life and I have found that they all seem to be programmed with the same drum keys. No matter how much nicer of a keyboard I get, they always sound the same. Been searching everywhere for a few years for one that finally has some different sounds but they are all ultimately the same and I realized the nicer ones only get you extra features, not extra sounds. I would get a set of real drums (I do have some experience with actual drums) but I wouldn’t know what kind of equipment would be needed to record the sounds without producing an echo or tin can effect.

I did have an irig, which is an amp plug converter that allows you to plug an electric guitar into an iphone or ipad and use it as an amplifier and recording device. Doesn’t sound half bad but I’m am a novice at guitar so that’s why I don’t really use guitars. Wish I was a pro at guitar, would love to make a few heavier songs for those who like hard rock. Not complaining though, just doing what I can do without a band to back me. And yes, my keyboard does have a ton of those pre-made beats but I didn’t want to take a shortcut. Honestly it took me a few years to learn how to make those beats on my own, not gonna lie, it wasn’t easy to learn how to make and overlay 3 or 4 separate drums tracks to produce something that sounds okay when overlapped and I still have a lot to learn.

Back in 2010 when I first started making music, I did try using the pre-made beats because I was good at classical and drums to an extent, but could not play those fast paced drum beats. I found though, that with those pre-made beats I could not get the synths to sound good with them, i always sounded off beat or delayed so my hubby (now my ex) showed me some tips for making my own, including a time saving recording trick I learned which seems odd but it really does produce some of the strangest beats.