Insect/Bug Magick?

This is prolly a stupid question but is there a form of magick that has to do with bugs/insects? I mean there’s magick with plants, but they are used for medicine & other stuff, & theres alchemy stuff, this is prolly a stupid comparison, but I wonder if there is. Is there any gods/spirits of insects/bugs? This has been stuck in my head for a while & just asking to see if anyone knew of something like this.

1 Like

Beezelbub has been associated with flies, Lilith & Santa Muerte have been associated with spiders, just to name a few…

Perhaps you can call on one of those spirits if you feel you’re being pulled towards working with insects.

I hope that was helpful. Someone else will hopefully chime in with more info. Good luck.

6 Likes

Yeah Ahriman & Belial is over/associated with scorpions, so is Serket…wonder whos over butterfly’s xD

2 Likes

This link might be helpful. It talks about a few deities associated with butterflies.

1 Like

If you’re looking specifically for magick of this kind your beat bet is likely aspects of shamanic practices involving spirit totems.

Such as working with the spirits of animals, reptiles, arachnids and insects ect.

My arhimanian work has resulted in a handful of operations involving the spirits of snakes,frogs and scorpions to name a few.

3 Likes

Yes, but His name means Lord of all that Flies!

Al.

3 Likes

Actually, that would be the dead/ancestors, as butterflies were viewed by multiple cultures as the souls of the deceased in flight.

1 Like

For some reason I feel a little connection with the Fae…

@Uncle-Al,
Do you think Beelzebub could help with dealing with a fly infestation or it would be insulting?

3 Likes

Lord of all that flies. So, yes He could help. Same with passenger planes.

Al.

4 Likes
2 Likes

It’s not a stupid question at all, the question becomes if you’re being drawn to it?
Most people would consider the Native American Indian cultures, being associated with animal medicines, especially in spirit form. Where the animal, (in this case insects) has a spirit of it’s own.
There are numerous deities/gods/spirits associated with bugs/insects.
But if you’re interested in bug/insect magic and medicines, work with the animal spirits directly, you’ll inadvertently find yourself then connecting with “gods/spirits” that are associated also.

1 Like