Inanna

Worship is not what you think it is.
First of all, it is an integral part of Shaktism, but in reality it is more about communion with the Goddess, rather than prostrating yourself.

2 Likes

She is indeed the Goddess of war, so it would seem apt that you got your inspiration from her.

2 Likes

While this may not be a reply to me, I’ll help you out on this. Part of communion with the Goddess has a degree of prostrating yourself. I’m not familiar with Shaktism, considering it is the first time I’ve ever heard of it. The beauty of the Goddess resides in the fact that she can read her worshipers’ hearts and souls. The more powerful the soul, the more she feels drawn to the person.

As for her being drawn to me, she knew all too well how powerful my soul is due to my choice of intensity within my scope of warfare. While she knows my heart, she gave me insight to how I could be better useful on the battlefield. Firing cannons is not the easiest form of warfare in the slightest.

2 Likes

One thing I still don’t fully understand is how in the world do people still confuse Inanna-Ishtar with Lilith. If Inanna-Ishtar is referred to as a sky goddess and if Lilith is actually Ereshkigal or another name for her. Why am I seeing posts referring to Lilith being Inanna-Ishtar?

1 Like

Yes, that seems to be quite common.

The confusion may come from the Burney relief itself (as seen in my avatar, restored to how it originally looked). There are lively debates among scholars whether it depicts Inanna-Ishtar, Ereshkigal or one of the Lilitu, the probably origin for Lilith in Jewish myth.

However, chronologically, Inanna and Lilith have nothing to do with each other, Inanna goes back to well before 4000 BC, whereas the Lillith myth is from approximately 800 AD. There’s a 5000 - year gap between the two, which isn’t trivial by any means.

3 Likes

Sounds like some crazy confusion. I’m trying to figure out what caused the disconnect in general. What caused people to say that it was Lilith that caused Inanna-Ishtar to cry in her garden? I’m not 100% certain of how it goes exactly. Unless it is yet another hodgepodge that surfaced over the years?

I am expanding the Inanna thread to include requests.

You may apply to the Goddess with a petition or ask a question and I will pass it on to her.

I provide no guarantees and neither does she. Whether she accepts your petition or request or wishes to answer your question is completely up to her, she decides whom she deems worthy of her attention and you may not make the cut.

Requests and petitions must be of a reasonable nature, no „Ferrari on the Driveway” type of nonsense.

Once I have enough requests / petitions, I will close the thread to further requests until they are cleared, which might take a few days.

Each request must be accompanied by a recent photo and a first name, which you can send via PM or post it on the thread if you’re not too shy.

Through Inanna, you can also apply to some of the other Anunnaki, if that is your preference, I also work with Enki and Utu.

Keep in mind, this doesn’t always work and sometimes nothing happens, even though the deity in question may have acceded to your request. Who knows what happens in the background that stops the working from manifesting, but you must keep your expectations low and detach yourself from the outcome of your request, expecting nothing and being grateful for any small result that may manifest. At times, offerings may be needed, to strengthen the outcome of the working.

The closer you are to the gods in your mental and spiritual makeup, as well as your vibratory frequency, the more likely you are to see results. If you are completely new to spirituality / magick, have never meditated, done ritual workings or know relatively little about the topic, you may be disappointed by the outcome. There are no miracles in this regard, the outcome of any working will be commensurate with the amount of effort you have put into improving yourself, building up your energy, etc…

Also, a word of warning, the gods have little interest in running petty errands for you (that’s what servitor spirits are for), their main interest lies in self-improvement and ascension for the human race as a whole. Also, I will refuse any requests of a baneful nature and anything that might impinge upon the free will of another. I also don’t deal with the goetic pantheon, there are plenty of others who can help you out with that. There is some overlap between the Sumerian / Hindu / Buddhist pantheons, so I may be able to help you when it comes to contact with those deities. For Instance, Inanna / Durga / Tara / Kwan Yin are essentially just different aspects of the same Goddess, which is why I generally just refer to her as The Goddess, Great Goddess or Mahadevi.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering since I’ve looked into the Canaanite myths that Ishtar seems to be called Astarte there and there are 3 aspects with more or less the same qualities (war, love, fertility) - Anat (virgin, maiden), Astarte (mother), and Asherah (elder, “Mother of all Gods”) (and also Atargatis and a triple-goddess Qudshu-Astarte-Anat, who’s maybe the Divine Feminine metagod - at first I thought that Atargatis was the metagod) - is Inanna/Ishtar is the same as those 3 or are they aspects of her?

1 Like

Inanna isn’t Asherah, Asherah is wife of Yahweh, Anat is is daughter of Asherah and El, prior to Yahweh’s followers giving him the name El. Inanna is not a child of Asherah.

3 Likes

I found that Yahweh came in later in those myths, being in a similar rank to Baal Hadad - making Asherah the wife of him just feels like “appropriating” the other myths to make people accept him as the main god… I view El (Elyon) and Yahweh as separate:

YAHWEH: Yahweh is added here because there was a short time in which He was simply part of the Canaanite pantheon. He was a Son of El; and he was part of the court of El as cupbearer along with Baal. Later, as the National God of Israel, Yahweh was equated with El, and Asherah became His wife. H.

Yahweh was a minor God an a son of El. It’s by no means appropriating lol, he was a polytheistic God who his followers absorbed El into him. He was not the main God in earlier myths I think you’re mixing Christianity into it in which case you’re way off base.

3 Likes

Yeah that was what I arrived at - it might be dogma I’ve still yet to cast aside or deprogram which makes weird associations… I’ve just found a LOT of parallel stories with Canaanite (Phoenician) myths and Mezopotamian (Sumerian) myths and trying to find the concepts and energies behind each name or aspect.

If I compare the 2 mythologies I can see how some roles don’t match up - thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

Her energy is very, very similar to that of Durga and I get glimpses of Aphrodite Areia too. I’ve never worked with this Goddess before but your post makes me want to :3

She gives off a very warrior like energy yet also a deep love for her children and mankind in general (much like Aset). This energy immediately lit up my heart Chakra.

Well to be fair, a lot of Thiestic Satanists often lable various Pagan Deities as aspects of their Demons. I mean the church did demonize some Spirits but the energies are just not the same and I experienced this with Astarte

Man I have nothing but good things to say about this Goddess she’s just amazing. During the time she was present in my life, I saw lots of improvement.

4 Likes

Ultimately there is just one Goddess with many aspects that are all slightly different from another.

But for the sake of historicity, Inanna (and Hannahanna) is the oldest (original) version and that progressed into Ishtar, Astarte, Aphrodite and Venus as her cult spread West and Durga, Tara and Kwan Yin as it spread East.

4 Likes

You’re a soft polytheistic?

Yes, Inanna and Durga are almost identical, even their imagery is so similar. However, Inanna’s cult precedes Durga’s by at least 4000 years, so it is clear which one is the original.

She is highly benevolent, but also a fierce warrior. In pop culture, the latest iteration of Wonder Woman was clearly based on her, she even displays the star of Ishtar on her forehead. Whoever came up with that character was divinely inspired and knew what they were doing.

2 Likes

Hm, I view them as separate entities and if I would interact with all of them I would do so assuming they’re all separate, but at the same time, I see them as faces of the same concept/archetype/energy. It’s just an intuitive thing for me, I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere but it feels like giving a name and personificating an archetype takes away from it’s power or at least places restrictions on how that energy manifests and what attributes they can take on.

Honestly, I still don’t know why I want to arrive at the base energies with deities - for now I chalked it up to me trying to understand the Universe and the All (Eternal Mind or however you want to call it).

If you’re referring to me, then yes, I am pretty much a Polytheist, but I also acknowledge the connecting Tissue, a Great God (Shiva) and a Great Goddess (Shakti) that are both dualistic emanations of the One Infinite (Brahman), as this separation is needed for the creation of the Manifest universe.

3 Likes

yes I was asking you, thank you wanted to make sure.

So basically between soft and hard polytheism? myself I view some Gods as the same such as Inanna/Ishtar/Astorath(dont believe the demon one exists) or Hermes and Mercury, Cernunnos/Veles/Dagda, etc but not all Gods and Goddess are the same as to me but that’s just because to me Gods are a race of beings with various species as the hindu Gods are a species that differ from the Egyptians Gods etc but still are Gods as a race.

However, thank you both for explaining your views to me, I just like to understand first.

3 Likes

Same with me and I share the views on Hermes-Mercury and other connections like that. It might sound cheesy, but instead of arriving at answers at all times I want to “ask the right questions” to help me understand.

1 Like