In Regards to Evocation - Structuring

What is “Structuring” exactly? How you define it? How would you explain it to someone?

1 Like

My understanding fwiw: it’s a creative act of will, in which you visualise and empower a mental construct that resembles a physical structure, in order that a being (or force) from the non-physical realms can operate through it as their interface.

Note that I’m not an expert, and other definitions may nail it better than this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also meant to ask how do use it in your rituals? Do you find it to be effective?
Or are there some of you who never use it and find your rituals to be very potent none the less?

IMO it’s a core skill in magick - and, although it’s not always defined in the same way as a distinct stage of the operation, it’s used in a lot of other methods like energy healing.

Lady Eva’s reply was a bit vague,so I’m gonna fill in.

Yes,it’s one of the core skills of magick.If you wanna experience any visions,create any egregores,evoke any spirits to physical materialization,evoke any spirits to astral manifestation,or do a lot of the other stuff magick has,you’re going to learn how to structure.

Eva’s definition fits.Except for the fact that it is more than just making a metaphysical vessel for a spirit.The Devil’s Stone ritual is an example of how one may structure other things,and release them into the world.

And then have them come to you through physical manifestation.So IMO,it’s molding energy in alingment with will…

Does anyone want me to post some instructions on how to structure?For it is the purpose of this forum to elevate fellow magicians…

5 Likes

[quote=“Arcane, post:5, topic:5649”]Lady Eva’s reply was a bit vague,so I’m gonna fill in.

Yes,it’s one of the core skills of magick.If you wanna experience any visions,create any egregores,evoke any spirits to physical materialization,evoke any spirits to astral manifestation,or do a lot of the other stuff magick has,you’re going to learn how to structure.

Eva’s definition fits.Except for the fact that it is more than just making a metaphysical vessel for a spirit.The Devil’s Stone ritual is an example of how one may structure other things,and release them into the world.

And then have them come to you through physical manifestation.So IMO,it’s molding energy in alingment with will…

Does anyone want me to post some instructions on how to structure?For it is the purpose of this forum to elevate fellow magicians…[/quote]
Please do!It will be very helpful! Thanks

To me, structuring is the ritual in ritual magic. Much like our daily routines. You wake up, do the same things in the same order. That order is pretty much random at first, but the more you do it, the more it becomes a part of you. The more the fist action in that order of event become tied to the next action. These routines and structures make things easier to do, and messing up that routine can seemingly screw up your whole day.

A good structure will grant you reliability and control.

I’ve tried experiments where I try to insert an image or theme into someone’s dreams, but had no idea how to go about doing that, so I just kept trying a bunch of different things. Hard to say exactly what I did that worked, because I was doing so much different stuff. WHen I started using just one method over and over, it became much faster and easier to do because I had the momentum of the routine to help carry me along.

1 Like

[quote=“cristinica, post:6, topic:5649”][quote=“Arcane, post:5, topic:5649”]Lady Eva’s reply was a bit vague,so I’m gonna fill in.

Does anyone want me to post some instructions on how to structure?For it is the purpose of this forum to elevate fellow magicians…[/quote]
Please do!It will be very helpful! Thanks[/quote]

Shut out all lights.Flip the switches,close the windows,and make sure your only companion in darkness is darkness.

Enter the Theta-Gamma sync,by breathing slowly,pushing all the unproductive energy out of you.I’m gonna assume that everyone knows how to enter the Theta-Gamma sync,and if you don’t you’re missing one of the key elements of all magic,so I think you should do that.

Once there,you’ll already have noticed the little purple,green or whatever color thingies flying out and about.Every time we close our eyes,we see purple dots,or whatever else.Each time we look out into pure shadow this happens too.Gaze at them.Don’t think about them,don’t try to alter them,don’t judge them,just gaze at them.Don’t stare,with conscious effort,but simply perceive them moving.

Your imagination may begin to imagine some kind of object.Don’t try to think about it,just take the first item that pops into your head,or the one you wanna structure,and imagine it,in your inner vision.

Then,breathe.Not sharper,not faster,but become very aware of your breath.It may slow down naturally,if it does let it do so.Imagine each inhalation is pulling little particles of light from the air,and as you exhale,imagine that light gathering wherever you wanted it to gather and forming the image of your desires.

Then,keep on breathing,feeding the object structure,as you funnel the light through your outstretched right hand into wherever you’re structuring and whatever you’re structuring.You may notice an aura form around the structured object,signifying it has been animated into existence.When I first did this,I did it with open lights,and clearly saw the stuff beginning to manifest as transparent wibbly-wobbly stuff.

As you breathe out,imagine that the object is glowing,and glowing,more and more.Being fed power through your energy.As you breathe in,imagine you’re pulling that excess light,charging it and releasing it back into the object,making it more and more real.

Continue doing this,and practice this a lot.If you wish,recite the binding Nabataean incantation ‘‘Alash tad’alash tel’ashtu’’,to pull it more and more into reality.

And then simply send it away when you’re done.Wave your hands around,clap your hands several times to bring you back to this world,and not Theta-Gamma-sync-land(Regnum Spiritus,yes)

Not a method that may work for everyone,but it did for me,and you see the logic of it.So…yeah…I didn’t forget the fact that I promised to post this!

8 Likes

Will be trying this