In a city of one million people, about how many of them do you think would be LHP?

If you were to take a shot in the dark at this, what number of them do you think would be left hand path practitioners who use Magick often to change the world around themselves to suit their own purposes? You can also state why/how you came up with the number that you did.

2 Likes

1 in every. 1000 just because there is more teens then adults and by the time they’re adults they would be practicing also people love the idea they can solve their own “problems”

2 Likes

interesting…so in a city of one million, you think only 1000 would be practitioners. Personally, my guess was somewhere closer to 10000…or just under 1%…but now that i think about it…even that may be too high

2 Likes

I believe my guess would be practical. I slightly agree with you. 10,000 would be good as far as curious but to be practicing magicians it might be lower then that. I know that there is a lot of people who secrectly want to practice, but are held back by their own personal reasons

2 Likes

Interesting question. Of course quality matters more than quantity - someone really thoughtful and clued in has far greater influence than a “coven” of kids fooling around. If I was searching for an answer to this question in a specific place I would go to some local cemeteries and “ask,” politely. Sooner or later a pretty good answer would surface - if it was meant to be surfaced.

2 Likes

Well, a good gauge is checking the online activity in these communities. I dont know of many places like balg, and balg has maybe 30 active users

1 Like

I’m guessing like 2000-5000… not a lot but noticeable once you look around. Of course it will also depend on definitions and wether or not someone who “doesn’t know” can be LHP.

The USA has a population about 323 million (2017) and the estimated population for Satanists alone is somewhere in the thousands but I wouldn’t be surprised to see somewhere between 1-2 million Satanists as that’s still a minority population and the one that most people think of when they say LHP.

1 Like

I mean go to a jobcorps in America you’ll find at least one in my experience it’s where I met my mentor AND I have a friend that just recently came and Is a wiccan but leans more toward LHP.

I have met 2 Wiccans, 2 Luciferians and one RHP guy (claims to previously be Lhp not sure tho)

1 Like

One of the towns near mine has a rep for witches and I know that at least one person in my town is Wiccan so I guess it really does depend where you go to find all the witchy people (LHP or RHP).

1 Like