Important

I have practiced black magic and occult studies for half my life now and I wanted to get into a deeper form of magic now in the spider and the green butterfly e.a d says to never put a vodoun altar in the sleeping area, is this a big NO NO ? Well these spirits harm me, my other question was regarding the altar would it require that Ihave a skull and a decorated altar cloth or can my Norman altar on my room do, another question is I was thinking of buying a wooden table and putting it in the hallway now my problem with this is, will these spirits terrorize my hallway, or cause any type of paranorma or poltergeist activity?

I do not believe EA knows shit about voodoo.
Voodoo isn’t magic, it is a religion first and foremost. True voodoo is taught in houses, not books, just like every other ADR. That being said, I would seriously reconsider if you plan to use his “voodoo” book. Within every ADR there are certain bits of information, rites, and the like completely unknown to anyone outside the congregants and priesthood. So without access to this stuff, you miss out on vital parts of these traditions that actually help you to form a solid bond with the spirits and test the spirit and a myriad of other stuff.
I hope I just didn’t just waste my time typing this for you just to be “stfu I do what I want!”.

[quote=“Euoi, post:2, topic:3470”]I do not believe EA knows shit about voodoo.
Voodoo isn’t magic, it is a religion first and foremost. True voodoo is taught in houses, not books, just like every other ADR. That being said, I would seriously reconsider if you plan to use his “voodoo” book. Within every ADR there are certain bits of information, rites, and the like completely unknown to anyone outside the congregants and priesthood. So without access to this stuff, you miss out on vital parts of these traditions that actually help you to form a solid bond with the spirits and test the spirit and a myriad of other stuff.
I hope I just didn’t just waste my time typing this for you just to be “stfu I do what I want!”.[/quote]

Thank you for your information and you have just probably stopped me from doing something that would not have turned out how I planned.

Its funny because at the very end of the book on the last page. E.A. Says i wouldnt do anything I wrote in this book. With religions like voodoo Palo and Santeria. You have to be initiated into the religions i prefer to call them systems. Even when u get iniated into the systems theres stages in some ramas of Palo Mayombe its different but in some you get the first iniation you can do some work but you cant sacrifice and you cant recieve a pot until u get the second iniation. In santeria you recieve your warroiors and sone orishas like Olukum but u cant feed your warriors only a santero can do that. In E.A.'s book on baneful magic he says how he made an elegua him self and fed it on top of that. I asked my god father about that. He said eithet its a lie or E.A. Has some awesone intuition. I think E.A. Is just awesome. Lol. But as far as u doing it by yourself with no guidance would be very dangerouse. I just moved my spuritual table from my bedroom to my closet because its a respect thing. You shouldnt be naked in front of them or have sex. If they wanted to thry could watch, closibg a door wont keep a spirit out, its just like your mom our your dad. Ur an adult they know ur havibg sex when u shut the door. But would you want to have sex in front of ur parents? Its like the same thing. I agree with what Euio says about geting initated into a house. Or at the very least getting aquainted with the loa under guidance. I think theyre spirits they know everybody on the planet. But its just a respect thing. Not just being like hey this is cool let me just read out of a book and fuck it Im a hougan. Or Babaluye. People do the same shit with Ifa. My friend is a babaluye. And he said that people think they can just buy the chain to do the readings and get a book and read the odus to give readings. Or they jist buy Chomolongos and start talking to spirits. You have to have the license to deal with them. And you have to prepare the devices you use through certain ceremonies. All these systems ate based on respect and tradition. The one thing I love about demons. Being a mere mortal. Id they give you rxactly what you ask for even if its not good for you. Alot of systems like santeria voodoo ifa and palo dont work like that. Its like theyre ur parents. Would you give your 10 year old a loaded gun?

[quote=“Euoi, post:2, topic:3470”]I do not believe EA knows shit about voodoo.
I hope I just didn’t just waste my time typing this for you just to be “stfu I do what I want!”. [/quote] It is stated right at the beginning of The Spider and Green Butterfly that EA was chosen by DePrince, through guidance of the Loa, to be the author of the book, and that EA was initiated into a Voodoo House. So why do you say he knows nothing about Voodoo? Have you read the book? It is not a how to book. It details the history of the system and EA’s journey into it. That’s all. It is very similar to Ipsissimus in content.

I think that’s bullshit.
Take a look at Baneful Magick’s “voodoo” section. That was the biggest piece of shit I’ve read.

Euoi do u have aby initians in voodoo? Are any for that matter? Im curiouse. I will say this. In the evocation course you can see his voodun altar in the background. You can see the enities around it. I think what ever he has is the real deal. I saw them and im not really that developed with being able to abd hear Muertos.

No I don’t have any initiations. But so what? That doesn’t mean I don’t know anything.

I would venture to say those “entities” are fake and inserted into the video.

I’ll explain :
Go back and read Baneful Magick’s chapter “voodoo death”. I’m sure most have a copy, if not,you can find it online somewhere.
He calls that voodoo and his experience with voodoo spirits.
Firstly, the only voodoo is his attempt to call Baron Samedi. Everything else? Not even close.
For some reason, he decides to use an Ellegua head to house Exu Capa Preta. This makes no sense. Ellegua is an orisha of the Crossroads. Capa Preta is an Exu of the cemetery.there’s further no reason why Le Baron should be involved.
He also uses sigil opening, which isn’t present in any of the ADR’s.

Unless EA has since realized that was utter crap and got initiation in a legit house, than that’s be different. But I haven’t seen that.

If ur not initated how do u lnow whats right and wrong? Im just saying what makes you the authority?

Ur entitled to your opinion. But if u feel that way then why are u even on his forum?

I’m not an authority. But I do know some stuff that I’ve learned from initiates and reputable books.
It’s not an opinion. Everything I said about his voodoo section in Baneful Magick is absolute fact.

I’m on this forum because I do like some of Koetting’s stuff. Just because I disagree with some of his stuff, you think I shouldn’t be here? I didn’t know this was for Koetting cock suckers only.

Wow you went there. I like u. Atleast u speak ur mind. U seem angry. This is just a healthy debate. No need to resort to foul language my friend.

I lol’d now…

Euoi, do you really believe that the ATR’s can only work one way and one way only? That would be incredible since they would then be the ONLY magical traditions that would work in such a limited way.

People within a certain tradition claim all kinds of ridiculous things, but when it comes down to it, it is what the magician finds through experimentation that matters. Don’t forget that the ATR’s are notorious for wanting to fool non-natives for their money.

“foul language”? This is mostly a forum for black magicians. :-p There is no such thing as “foul language”. :-p

No, I don’t believe the ATR’s only work in one way. But they don’t mix traditions.
That’s what Koetting did on his Baneful magic. He said that he put an Exu of Quimbanda in an Ellegua head. How does that even make sense? Ellegua isn’t an Exu. He’s an orisha.
Be real now. Orishas and Exus do interact actually, in Umbanda and more white light traditions of Quimbanda. But lwas don’t come into the mix.
Lwas and orishas interact in some houses of voodoo, but Exus don’t come into the mix.

I think Koetting pulled that chapter out of his ass by confusing the orisha Exu (another name for Ellegua) and Exu Capa Preta. Though how he did that I don’t know. Beyond “Exu”, their names are different and their place of manifestation isn’t the same either.
Baron Samedi is the only truly “voodoo” thing about that chapter. However, the lwas wouldn’t be involved with Exus.
They come from two different parts of Africa. Quimbanda from the Congo, voodoo from west Africa. The orishas from Yoruba, also in the west. The Congolese practices spread to south America, particularly in Brazil. Yoruban traditions split between north and south America. Thetradition of voodoo arrived in Haiti and developed there.
They developed in distinct traditions.

Of course they do. The ATR’s just like any other occult tradition are a huge melting pot of different traditions and different spirits mixed together. the ATR are a mixture of Catholicism, european demonology and spiritism, african primal traditions, islam and many other things. To think that they don’t mix traditions and spirits is obviously not true.

Whether or not it makes sense to you yourself is irrelevant to Koettings experiments. It may or may not be a traditional way of working, but any magician worth his/her salt knows that you can do these things without going about it traditionally. This stuff is far more complex than just simply saying “traditions don’t mix”. You cannot know whether or not it mix unless you have tried it yourself and have had positive results. Then you can say that it does mix. However, even if you get negative results, you still won’t be able to say for sure if it mixes or not, since the amount of possible factors playing into whether you get success or not, are so numerous that you can only always conclude that what you did didn’t seem to work.

From what I have gathered, Exus, Orishas, and Lwas are used throughout the different traditions. I’m pretty sure that I have seen Lwas being used in Candomblé also, along with Exu and Orisha. So based on my memory, the Lwas can be involved with Exus.

Whatever dude. I’m not going to waste my time arguing with you. I’ve made my point.

He could of meant Eshu. Eshu is like Elegua but can only be given by a babaluye. Im just now getting into the whole Orisha Santeria thing. Not by choice. They kind of called me to them.

Exu Capa Preta. That’s exactly what Koetting says.
Capa Preta is an exu of Quimbanda.

Btw, I know exactly how that is. Not with the orishas though. I thought they were at some point, but I only felt that way after being in my ex boss’ ritual room, which is where she keeps her orishas.