I'm sick of LARP on this website

No matter how good the thread is, not every one is gonna find the subject matter interesting.

3 Likes

I completely agree with you, except the part about Lady_Eva.

But here’s the thing. To get the results you’re talking about from magick in your life, you first need power and knowledge. Not only knowledge. Some people get their power after they gain knowledge, others get it from within. Regardless of what they know or what they can actually do.

Those people have faith in themselves, they believe they have the power to cause change in their lives. But they understand they can’t do that yet because they don’t have enough knowledge, skills and experience. That’s why they are here. This act, doesn’t reflect delusion, it reflects self-awareness and intelligence. And they are the majority of those young “Gods” :slight_smile:

On the other hand, few come here claiming they already have what it takes to do anything and everything, and act like masters of the universe, while they’re only role playing. And you wouldn’t know how their real result is like, because they simply lie to themselves and others. That’s their goal. Not to learn or empower their lives and other people’s experiences, but to feed on the fake emotional state of power. Because that’s what they need to survive.

It’s extremely annoying to me personally. Especially when they really go too far with their claims, suggestions and sometimes demands. Really crazy shit lol But of course, as advised, the easier solution is to ignore it and move on. And that works for me. Fortunately, the majority are not those people. So I don’t feel that the forum as a whole is suffering from them… they come and go all the time. When they cross the red lines of the forum, they’re immediately kicked out by moderators. So no harm done.

10 Likes

True, but when people don’t even try to branch out, they are only hurting their own practice.

4 Likes

True, though branching out too much, too soon, could also be harmful. Juggling 2 knifes is far less likely to end in disaster if you don’t immediately add in 10 chainsaws :rofl:

4 Likes

I agree. And then they will ask on another thread like not even 1 hour to 1 day later how to do the same thing like someone didn’t just say how?

7 Likes

Wise words.

I’ve looked at this topic, took a nap, ate some food, and all that done I freely admit to STILL being a little pissed that the OP expects me to be the reality police around here - I had a fucking demonic Child, ffs! :laughing:

Talk about putting the lunatics in charge of the asylum!

Okay, so I’m screwy, no surprises there, but maybe the admins can help fix this plague of “Devil Genes” and suchlike? :thinking:

In fact, when I asked Belial what exactly is the Gate that They are keeping, he showed me an image of the human DNA strand, only altered, imbued with something not entirely physical, like a column of light running through the center of the genome.

As such, WE are the Gates through which these entities can enter our world, and the Opening of the Gate is the full and solidfied Ascent of the individual. Carried through by enough Sorcerers, the evolution of the individual will give way to the evolution of the entire human species.

This is the true Great Work.

E.A. Koetting, newsletter, Fri, Mar 23, 2018

But what about Timothy?

Dear reader, allow me to reveal a dirty little secret: the occult has never been about helping humanity to progress; instead, it has allways been about aggrandizing political power. Hence, occultists have always organized theocratically in religious institutions like churches, temples, lodges, and orders. It allows megalomaniacs to hoard knowledge, gatekeep magick, and ban dissenters. These priests and priestesses only tolerate ingenious magicians if they propagate their messages under their church, or else they act belligerant towards them, with slander, doxing, piracy, etc.

~ Timothy Donaghue, Abaddon, Angel Of The Abyss

Look I’m not quoting those two nutters to try and tell you to not think what you think, just to say consider what you prefer: more freedom of speech, including for people you despise (but, can mute)?

Or less freedom of speech based on what some random person, whose ability to censor you, you have NO control over, happens to believe is real?

That’s my point made, now I’m off to have a conversation with a book. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I find the spirit who is behind this forum very powerful and the people who come here come for a reason. This powerful spirit working through this forum does what He has to do. I find him great and He is surely doing the right thing. If someone doesn’t like this forum anymore is because maybe they need to work asap on theirselves.
Enjoy the weekend guys, enjoy magic, enjoy BALG! :hugs:

6 Likes

tumblr_n2rhkwnZoE1qzub73o1_500

7 Likes

A coloring book?

4 Likes

Color by Numbers: Ars Goetia edition

7 Likes

New Childrens colouring book

Colour that demon!

2 Likes

I love your post and couldn’t agree more. I am a firm believer in the first amendment, and freedom of speech, however many do abuse there rights by coming to public forums as curiosity seekers and others posting disingenuously for personnal gain with misleading posts about there problems and magical abilities. Very frustrating. I simply shake my head and weep.

6 Likes

I know a few on here are full of shit. Yes I know. It’s embarrassing and annoying. The really freaky thing for me has been that sometime they say things I actually had happen to me, word for word and it makes me not wanna share some stuff or ask questions because I feel it won’t get taken seriously. Does that make sense? Anyhow, good post.

7 Likes

The main issue I am seeing lately is pettiness and short sighted expectations. I want to say it is mostly from the new members but I really don’t usually check how long someone has been around so meh.

The pettiness I am talking about is largely people acting without thinking of the consequences or of how best to solve an issue or simply out of ego driven pride. I avoid entire categories here for long periods of time because when I look in them I just see something that to me is a waste of time at best and idiotic at worst. I have to say the worst offenders tend towards either more baneful works or love magick. A lot in those categories don’t seem well thought out and very impulsive.

Mind you not all of them are like this but enough are or are just rather silly that I avoid them. Things like wanting to curse your ex over a break up with little other motivation for it or to drag and force them back with you through magick. Other cases just involve the false expectations and laziness people have. They want something that works for minimal effort without putting in the time and work to understand what is going on or how it works. I feel quite a few of those people also have an overinflated sense of their own power and it shows in some cases. They don’t want to admit their brilliant working failed or did not meet expectations so they exaggerate and start grasping at straws for totally unrelated occurrences to take credit for that.

Now as to full on Larping I can think of a few people right off the top of my head that nothing is usually done about but they also aren’t that disruptive in most cases. Many cases are also slightly deluded people that are seeing something where there is nothing such as attributing every small thing to a recent working that is completely unrelated. I did x meditation or spell and I lost my job or I found $10. Sometimes they are related but there are cases where I see no connection beyond wishful thinking and this just leads to people not seeing the actual results they are getting until something goes really wrong.

These people usually end up making excuses on why they can’t do some specific kind of magick and give up fairly quickly and look for the next solution with very little done to troubleshoot the problems they are experiencing and are not able to elaborate as to why they believe they aren’t having success beyond x doesn’t like me or I can’t see or hear spirits etc. These aren’t insurmountable obstacles and sometimes a different path is needed but it is good habit to troubleshoot the problems and work around them. There are plenty of resources and a little initiative on research goes a long ways towards showing how dedicated one is.

Now clearly @Lady_Eva can’t go around Gestapo style trying to validate everything or try and troubleshoot everyone’s problems but I do feel many could benefit from a more strict methodology in troubleshooting issues and working around common problems and people could take more time to do their research and more diligence in trying assorted solutions. Now obviously not everyone is going to put forth that level of discipline and time to get really good at something but many questions have been answered before on here and there is a search function. There is a lot of the same variety of stuff posted with little new stuff substantial stuff coming out. New people eventually get sorted out though but sometimes it is cathartic to find somewhere to speak mainly about the small things that get irked routinely. I also do share the slight annoyance of high quality posts or working projects that could really benefit from additional input or questions etc being buried under topics that have been asked probably hundreds of times before that might not need to be posted if more people used the search bar and did research in general.

Main issue I would say can be summed up as overeager or sloppy individuals making a lot of noise before they leave or get some sense knocked into them and it does seem to come and go in waves. New people want stuff without the full effort or time investments and often try to overcompensate as a result or as mentioned previously spam certain topics and end up burying others. So I can understand the post from the point of view of seeing quite a few of this sort of late. Perhaps a tad of misplaced blame but getting those thoughts out helps. Might not have explained my take on it perfectly but hopefully sensibly enough.

13 Likes

@anon47923162 Spot on you have covered all the bases and detail many soar points, nice work.

2 Likes

@anon47923162 i agree. Lots of pride and ego.

3 Likes

You are not entirely wrong. There is a definite level of bullshit that my intuition alerts me to. It’s one of the reasons why I rarely post.

In my own case study, I tried to set a group up for some chaos magick experimentation. Nearly 30 people showed interest. I could not get to experiment one because I spent the first two weeks basically tutoring people on simple, simple fundamentals. Which is fine. They did not know, now they do. But it did reveal a blatant lack of knowledge and experience to me. If they can’t even use basic sigil construction as a manifestation vehicle then how much could they be saying that is (at best) armchair occultism?

I did not, but I personally feel my withering assessment was better written, lol…

@Jake if you read the bottom end of that thread, you will see my conclusion. In summation of it, who gives a fuck? If some goofy motherfucker wants to LARP and you know it then what does it actually matter in regards to one’s own practice? In a word: NOTHING.

Peace, amigo. I feel your frustration, but I have come to realize that it serves no purpose or advantage, so leave it behind you would be my best advice.

I have seen no evidence of that. Have a PM with her some time; she could be a stand-up comic when she let’s her own criticism fly a bit, lol.

8 Likes

Imo a magician‘s experience with a spirit is not for others to criticize, as long as that magician isn’t obviously making claims that totally go against that spirit‘s well-established (for lack of a better term) characteristics. And then it should be (again imo) a discussion first, as opposed to criticism. Unless of course someone is clearly talking out of their a**. But it’s a slippery slope, as spirits are complex and multi-faceted. From what I have come across here so far, if someone’s claims reek of BS or I completely disagree with them based on my own experience (plus gnosis, not gnosis alone), I simply disregard that person‘s posts.

7 Likes

wakes up, sees notification
Huh, i wonder what this is…
Clicks
Reads and sees former covenmate ranting

Oh it’s just Jake ranting again. Sup Jake:love_you_gesture:

Makes Comment
Its quite funny how most delusional stuff is talked about by multiple people around the world who are benefiting from it.

Of course, AWaKeNing yOuR DeBil GEnEs isn’t for everyone, but alot of rites on this forum are not for everyone, including me.

But of course this is a commonly understood fact in 2019. Lol.

Complaining about other people and their work…wait…gossiping about other people and their work is not gonna help you in any way whatsoever. It simply keeps you weak.
While so called “delusional” people eventually prosper through hardwork.

Belial works with seeing delusions right? :thinking:
Check this:
One person struggles in life and constantly puts in magical practice and work to get where they are, knowing that there are cycles of poverty/mundane jobs/etc. Yet thr persevere…

Person (B) who has never had to struggle, but still practicing magic, sees this and makes weird judgements based on misconceptions of what power amounts to.

Which one is in fact delusional?
Person B

8 Likes

Solid works going unnoticed. I couldnt agree more. Ive been scowering for the “new posts” and using the search function,because of this.

A lot of really talented people simply post then go back to daily life without following up, and then the post gets buried. Additionally a lot of people will read it, and the post is so solid, there is no point in commenting, they just like it and try whatever the op was.

6 Likes