I'm sick of LARP on this website

THANK YOU for saying this. Jesus H Christ, I have wanted to say this.

8 Likes

I see what you mean.
I can only speak for myself, but I get quite solid results from my workings rather frequently and sometimes stuff happens, that defies a classical logic explaination.

9 Likes

I understand where you’re getting at…
It’s true that sometimes people don’t ask the right questions, they’re too lazy to put the work that is needed and they have some crazy expectations that are not realistic (even for this path).

It’s useful to say though, that there are more than one side to every story. I do agree that some things have changed to the worse, but as I said, we should see it from more than one angles.

5 Likes

This “LARP problem” is being grossly overstated. It’s not often that people pop up claiming high and mighty shit. There’s only a few, and they’re actually skilled and vouched for.

So who are we talking about? Where is this happening? The crazies are usually laughed out of their own threads and their posts buried. Everyone else seem legit.

And how do we know who’s faking the funk? Who’s keeping track of success rates? These posts are starting to come off as sensationalized as the very people being critiqued.

I just need some clarity, man.

floydthinking

8 Likes

I agree with you. this forum need do get kick in the ass, these paper tigers calling their gods or lord, goddess where the time came they will fear hell. in facts they’ll see hell in their vision suffering and pain.

Lady eva aren’t cool to ban criticism. if this forum is an right-wings safe space dun practice magic stop posting topic is for a bunch of pussy as baby cant cross the line.

1 Like

So, OP is now at 11 likes in a very short period: I put this challenge back on everyone who is eagerly watching this topic, that high-quality posts about actual work tend to receive minimal interaction and input.

(I kinda want to link to 2 recent examples BUT I do not want to drag the members who posted them into this, nor imply they have a side to take on this matter.)

It is a fact that drama on here attracts views and likes and frenzied PM-ing about things; solid innovative work or personal logs of work done tend to go unnoticed.

It is also a fact that the flagging system exists for member-moderation - that means, if you spot something you find to be a serious problem, you get to actually have a voice: use the custom flag, talk about your concerns.

No, that would not be cool, and that’s why I don’t do it.

Hence why this topic is still here and I am investing faith that it will receive mature replies. :man_shrugging:

I have NO idea what the rest of your sentence means, if it’s political then that’s entirely off-topic, but since you were claiming all magick involving demons is “an child play” (sic) here and that only your two favoured goddesses can teach magick at all, then yours is the kind of post that others may well find out of touch with their own experiences.

12 Likes

What exactly is LARP?

I do not claim to be an “all-mighty magician” I simply am what I am which is a novice Vitki that is still learning. I came here to learn not to be a “lazy magician”. I came to discuss philosophies and things I have experienced versus what others have experienced. I came to be educated whether it be on the different paths people are on and whether there are certain spirits I can work with.

I have come to learn of the true nature of the things people call “demons” and “gods”. To learn the differences between Egregore and truth

5 Likes

Sadly, most people will consider themselves to be the “real” kind, lacking the self-awareness to perceive themselves objectively, while simultaneously lacking the necessary knowledge to distinguish magickians who get results from those that do not.

It is easy to see this if you see some of the threads that have been getting likes.

I disagree. “High-quality” posts are often UPG, which is often nothing more than delusion. You can call evoking Mickey Mouse UPG, and technically it is, but it is nothing more than delusion.

For high-quality posts to be high quality, they need to be backed up with serious time studying and practicing a discipline that objectively, not subjectively, causes changes, and then either sharing that or expanding your own work off of that, which also has to cause objective changes. Most of the “work” on the forums has been of the deluded kind sadly.

Y’all can claim magick is UPG and subjective, be my guest. But magick has an objective basis to it, and until you see that, you’ll do nothing more than imagine.

5 Likes

Not the case with what I was referencing, but I am limited by not being willing to post what I mean, so, whatever.

Edit to add: I have PM’d you two examples of this.

1 Like

This is a good forum. I learn a great deal here. I do read posts in which people are new and claiming to have sex with Gods and the like and all kinds of things and I just carry on and get to the stuff I can learn from.

It may be their truth or attention seeking or a hundred other things.

I was on here for years before returning in my new name, I have seen lots of people come and go in that time. I just carry on

12 Likes

Man, I logged in this forum after a long time just to like your post ; so many undesirable content in comparison of quality content. At least it is one of the most popular and ergonomic forum, but I’ve a the feeling that 80-90% of thoses stories are fake or mental exaggerated.

7 Likes

Well, have you tried what the others have tried? Are you so sure they are deluded if they post here what they have experienced?

I’ve yet to see Lady Eva ban criticism of my QNA with the ascended master Jesus. It’s freedom of speech (So long as it’s not harmful or hate speech). I get criticized in my working with King Paimon as to whether or not my experiences match up with the majority of others

Yes but magick takes time and energy to manifest the results you are trying to gain. Magick is a skill that is learned and honed and developed over time. You must also remember

1a2ba070ae45f392d6685a4e130d0a13

People also have their own codes when it comes to using magick. Some don’t use love spells because of free will, others don’t use things to kill because they see life as sacred

5 Likes

I just had to google LARP as I am not young or understanding of these modern abbreviations…

Role playing, yes. I have seen lots of posts that are descriptive of this. I read deeper into the person posting them and often see a damaged or abused young person trying to escape reality to cope a little better.

One used to really annoy me until I looked at her from another perspective to see she had abusive parents and this was probably the only real break from reality she had.

Saying that, people think I am roleplaying and crazy for shouting at candles … my partner does not believe at all

11 Likes

When you get what is clearly a lot of youngsters here mixing it up with older generations things are bound to get a little messy.
Regardless of the topic.
Having said that, staying on relative themes should be compulsory. This will weed out the time wasters.

4 Likes

You know, the thing about liars online is that they always slip up. Always.
Their first stories/reports/details of their magickal achievements come off as slightly bad fanfiction, but it’s believable because it’s similar to what others have experienced. Then repetitive mimicry becomes frequent, because the novelty of having the attention of an online audience wears off, right along with their creativity of making shit up.

Besides what I dig through the Search function, I don’t know how it actually was to post here back then. Is it currently that bad or are you being nostalgic? Serious question.
All I know that this forum having survived this cesspool that is the internet is a goddamn miracle - with or without the occasional emotional cripple showing up. Still online with seven (?) years of magickal knowledge available to the public, still stable and without falling into mass deletions and flamewars.
I’m one of the new users who doesn’t post shit because 95% of my doubts I can solve with a 3 minute search and my experiences are probably just a regular Thursday for 2/3 of the active users of this forum. Nothing to see here.

Anyways, my unsolicited advice to you, OP, and everybody who happens to read this little wall of text is: If you think someone is here to roleplay and to receive gratuitous praise and applause for whatever reason (escapism and/or boredom), either question what they’re saying or do not give a shred of attention; just sit back, flag it, perhaps let yourself be entertained by their web of lies.
People like that usually leave or finally slip up by updating their “script” in a desperate attempt to get attention.
This is why I don’t worry about it that much, it comes and goes in small cycles… Specially in a community like this one.

15 Likes

I see what you mean, there are alot of people here who seem to believe processes that effect them in the astral, and have no real world impact, are equal to actual real world success and power. The shape shifting groups is a great example of this: lots of hot air and larping but no real world results.
Honestly, I wouldn’t say Eva bans criticism in anyway. She’s a mod and so she has to remain neutral to an extent. Try criticising someone or calling out someone, in a mature way, and you’ll see that kind of discussion is perfectly acceptable.
This is the internet, and as with all internet sites, people exaggerate and pretend to an extent. The trick is to just have a bit of light-hearted fun with the larpers and not take them seriously.

10 Likes

God honest truth, that does happen, but I think, its more role playing then actual real happening, to many damn people pretending to be something they ain’t great to have imagination but come on, why bring it hear your right, they need to find a fantasy form to do this shit in. Not real magic forums.

2 Likes

There has been a large change in the last 2 years, the forum was behind a registration wall until April 2017, so it was MUCH smaller, less busy, and opening it up has led to different kinds of people being attracted to the forum, because they find it through search results. :thinking:

There has also been an increase in people who want magick to solve a specific problem, and who would not persist with magick if that problem resolved itself by other means, whereas before it was more people who practiced magick “for the sake of it.”

So, there has been a cultural change for sure: I tend to mostly favour it because I strongly believe that magick should be taught as freely as languages or any other human skill, but the old forum was also a very special place, and we had some good days on there.

But all things change: many businesses refuse to run a community at all, because of the associated time and expense, and simply move their stuff to Facebook - BALG are doing something important by creating this resource, and anyone who wants to SEE more high-quality posts has no right to whinge unless they are also MAKING them.

Any forum is only ever as good as its members, so, share your work, be the change.

Thank you. I think the worst scenario would be a mod, or any large number of mods or vocal old-timers, who get to enforce THEIR specific brand of bullshit (because all magick is bullshit to someone out there) whilst shutting down anything outside of their experience.

I have been on forums and communities like that, and it fucking sucks.

A lot of forums and communities go that route though, and end up suffocating on their own smugness. On here, not only are ALL members able to flag anything they think is so far out that it’s a genuine problem, and receive a reply that explains what happened as a result of the flag (either from me, or the automated system) you can also always prevent a topic showing up again, by using this method.

And with my magician hat on, I don’t want to white-knight for anyone by name but there is at least one member on here who I have seen described as a larper a few times, who is anything but, at least in my experience and that of others who have interacted with some of their stuff. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Its benifit is going from using 3 prescription medications down to one. Suffering from chronic cluster headachez on a daily basis. When sleep deprived usualy instant migraine.

Constant meditation and activation thanks to @micah and many others has transformed my life from having to many days off due to migraines and almost loosing my job. Now i only get the ocasional migraine. People will believe what they want to believe. I am definetly not the same person.

Not to mention the benifits that other forum members who have gained from the same rites and have continuely expanded on his gnosis.

Its not meant for everyone. Neither is all the posts on here is meant for everyone either. Take whats needed and helpful and discard the rest.

Yes there is a fine line between imagination and delusion. But if its helping you in your life in some way is it a delusion? I dont think so.

Your entitled to your opinion. Im grateful for the opportunity to share mine and fight for what i believe in. Expand and see beyond the self.

11 Likes

Well, it’s no worse than you talk about it, I noticed that in December personally. At that moment he has a lot of people who arrived, a lot of new account, I saw appear a number of great magician and living god just gigantic :new_moon_with_face: Astonishing to see that so many people have managed to cross these worlds in such a short time. I looked at anothers more independent sites, some have been working on magic for decades, practice meditation since very small, but their results are not so spectacular, they act on the future, not on the matter. I especially see it on the side of the forum : Relationship.
I have also seen many of his newcomers come to ask for free help, such as: drawing their inner fort, reading card, reading rune, etc. But I don’t saw half of this people on the forum after this, it’s mainly one of the things that annoyed me the most. Dreamers and profiteers.

2 Likes