If I create a robot can a spirit possess it?

I have heard that spirits want to be in the physical realm. Ea koetting even talks about it in his video about the apocalypse. My question is if I create a robot that can move just as well as a human can and is able to talk, can a spirit possess it and stay in the physical realm?

3 Likes

If a doll, why not a robot? Eg anabelle.

2 Likes

Why not experament and find out. :wink:

1 Like

I think this leads into the whole AI/quantum computing/DWave rabbit hole.

The bottom line is this: I think if we, through soul travel, can become a flower pot… A spirit could occupy just about anything…especially with human assistance (ritual wise).

I think the real question is what sort of a vessel, other than the ideal (human), could the spirit occupy and interact in a manner that required no development of the astral senses in the observer to communicate clearly. Perhaps an AI type robot would offer such a vessel.

4 Likes

I think it could posses it like anything else (as already noted), but it wouldn’t be able to make it move any easier than anything else either, if that’s where you were going with that? The program and the spirit are two different things.

It might be harder, as a doll is light and floppy but robots tend to be heavy with very stiff joints that are hard to move by hand.

3 Likes

Sounds like an episode of “Buffy” where the demon “Moloch the Corrupter” where a robot was built and possessed by Moloch.

If a spirit can be digitized somehow, it could then be installed onto the firmware memory, CPU or whatever and run like a regular operating system or program.

Just a thought.

4 Likes

could be, if it has some sort of concioussness, some scientists (with programming) were able to replicate the mind of a small worm, since consciousness can be programable through binary (0 and 1), they imported the code to a robot

now i can see some spirits modifying this artificial consciousnnes to their own will (but that´s my opinion)

2 Likes

But a spirit might be able to access the program…

1 Like

and we have real time Lucy going on?

1 Like

I think so, yes, but to date when they do that sort of thing, they don’t do anything interesting. Think, EVP and spirit radios, the random switching on and off of devices now… Controlling it to the point of using it like a vessel is so many light years ahead of what they can do it would be easier just to possess a human vessel and have done with it.

1 Like

Geordie Rose (I think) was talking about this at a conference. I listened to the video last week. Talking about D-Wave. Worth a listen. Theyre evoking trans dimensional beings.

1 Like

“Geordie Rose of D’Wave”? I’m not familiar with this speaker, but I’m not a follower of the “Superintelligent Aliens are Coming to Earth” type conspiracy theory. I found a vid of him at a conf dated 2017 and the 3 predictions are already wrong. He doesn’t understand the basic physics enough to justify his predictions, that’s the trouble, he has a big imagination is all.

I am aware of what’s currently available in AI tech to those that can afford it right now, and where the current papers lie in AI and QC, since I work with the kinds of clients that want to use them. It’s very far from the science fiction people are freaking out about. It’s in fact rather boring by comparison, which I think is why people sensationalise it. Its like haunted houses and roller coasters - people just like to scare themselves.

Bottom line, Elon Musk has it right - he’s the most alarmist person who actually understands the science imo… and his concern isn’t about the AI itself, but in the competence of the programmers to be able to train AI to have values that align with all the myriad complex values humans have. AI are just are computers, and computers can only do what they are coded to do at the end of the day. They will never grow emotions and become sentient.

Anthropomorphism of AI is the biggest problem I see in current AI - it’s a blind spot humans have that stops them understanding it in a sensible way.

1 Like

I might be wrong on his name but the speech was a bit disconcerting.

1 Like

I think you are making this possess a robot thing sound harder than it probably is, I mean robots are electrical devices, and a lot of us here can make electrical phenomenon without really trying, so how hard would it really be to posses a robot, probably easier than a person since a robot isn’t going to try to resist it at all, since they don’t have their own agenda, and also easier than some stuffed doll, because, well, without the electrical components, the doll is just stuffed with fluff, and that is much harder to charge all that up.

1 Like