Idiot Students

There is this person who I started trying to teach who was having problems with deep depression and emotional issues.
I say to him you’re a student of the craft you can actually do work for yourself so I won’t need to keep stepping in.

I give to him Letana and condensed instructions for summoning and instructing.
So about a month or two later, I see his blog posts are devoid of depressed rants and have an almost positive spin on them.
I ask him how are you, did you use the angel like I said?
He says no.
I say what do you mean, it was a fair bit of effort to get you those instructions.
He says ‘Oh I thought you were talking about my sick friend’
I have absolutely no clue what hes talking about, I didn’t know he had a sick friend and apparently he didn’t use magick for them so why bring it up?
He then says ‘I tried using it for myself it didn’t work’

So yeah, he’s stopped self-harming and feeling suicidal and is generally ‘feeling much better’ and he comes to me and says what I gave him didn’t work.

Nnnnngggghhh

No pearls to the pigs.

All you can do is plant the seed…whether that seed is watered is up to them

Don’t waste your time on such people!

[quote=“DarthMordus, post:1, topic:3106”]There is this person who I started trying to teach who was having problems with deep depression and emotional issues.
I say to him you’re a student of the craft you can actually do work for yourself so I won’t need to keep stepping in.

I give to him Letana and condensed instructions for summoning and instructing.
So about a month or two later, I see his blog posts are devoid of depressed rants and have an almost positive spin on them.
I ask him how are you, did you use the angel like I said?
He says no.
I say what do you mean, it was a fair bit of effort to get you those instructions.
He says ‘Oh I thought you were talking about my sick friend’
I have absolutely no clue what hes talking about, I didn’t know he had a sick friend and apparently he didn’t use magick for them so why bring it up?
He then says ‘I tried using it for myself it didn’t work’

So yeah, he’s stopped self-harming and feeling suicidal and is generally ‘feeling much better’ and he comes to me and says what I gave him didn’t work.

Nnnnngggghhh

[/quote]

Don’t do it, I tried teaching Fluffycatz some stuff and it didn’t end well.

1 Like

I don’t think your student is an idiot, just that he probably has “Hollywood” ideas about magick and expected some phenomena. Also, if this was his first time doing such a ritual, then he has no way of connecting his emotional improvement to the ritual he performed other than that ol’ stand-by, coincidence. Belief tends to come with multiple successes, otherwise its just too easy to chalk it up to something else.

That’s my 2 cents, for what its worth.

Yeah, this happens often when you do healing work of any kind on regular people, my personal favourite is when you get 100% percent solid guidance that they should do something, for example avoid citrus fruit, that’s a minor tiny sacrifice and you tell them it, they try it for maybe 2 weeks and start to improve whatever their problem was, then they go back to it because hey, it’s sold in the stores, it must be okay!

Oooh, I could rant for hours… :wink: