Ideometer effect sucks for me

Hello everyone. I have been trying the Ouija board experiment for divination practice. There is also pendulum and some retarded arm thing. Well I seem to have too much control over all those methods. Nothing fruitful comes of it. I had tried the pendulum in the past and eventually quit asking questions. I became fascinated by how I would will it to move one way, then change it’s course. I would see it slow down, and go some other way. I can’t get anything from it.

I just tried the Ouija board with the same outcome. I feels like it is moving itself very very slowly, but I am willing it to change directions. I have never been able to contact anything on a Ouija board. It seems so easy for some.

I guess E.A wanted people to try them for experience, but ultimately demonstrates they are unreliable for this reason.

I’m just butthurt because I get NOTHING out of them whatsoever except my own input. Should I just move on as this is not my thing?
I wanted to get it working at least five times as suggested, but I believe it will be the same story forever. I’m too much of a control freak for ideometer based divination.

[quote=“Wednesday, post:1, topic:6977”]Should I just move on as this is not my thing?
I wanted to get it working at least five times as suggested, but I believe it will be the same story forever. I’m too much of a control freak for ideometer based divination.[/quote]

Well, I persisted with the pendulum for yes/no answers for EIGHT YEARS - actually probably longer by now - to get reasonably good with it, because I wanted something so convenient and simple, so I tested it all the time on really minor things.

And I have a slight control freak tendency myself… :wink:

What I did was use it as often as possible, and I found emotion-based questions worked best, like “Will I regret this?/Will I be delighted I did this?” instead of yes/no phrased in a drier way.

So for that, if you like the idea (you can wear a bracelet with a small charm or a necklace all the time, no-one notices, but BAM - instant pendulum) then why not keep going, and keep tweaking the system you use for questions until you find one that works best for you?

It’s neither time-consuming nor costly, my main best pendulum is a bolt on a bit of string, so there’s no reason to stop unless you want to.

Ouija boards I’m not really into, so can’t say.

Have you tried muscle-testing on yourself?

[url=http://www.healing-with-eft.com/self-muscle-testing.html]http://www.healing-with-eft.com/self-muscle-testing.html[/url]

That might be useful to play with, if you assume your body and super-conscious link up (I do, and have had decent results from this).

If you test it on things where you can get a quick turnaround on the correct answers, that might be helpful to assess all methods that rely on ideowotsit (sorry, I’ve been awake all night and more to come still! Please no-one ask me to spell what we call those dudes that dig up dead people & tombs…)

Maybe if you were holding the school-programmed “I will pass or fail at this, now is the time, I must perform and be Right” that might have flummoxed it, making your conscious mind’s (healthy and natural) need to control things override your deeper instincts?

If that was true, persist but take the pressure off, and learn a different method so this becomes about fun and playing and “let’s see what happens”… I have a theory that the use of selective uncertainty in some magickal works is a good thing, like my discovery of use of the word “IF” in this stuff?

Or maybe I’m just raving, which is actually entirely possible by now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just before I started using ouija by myself I would subversively coerce friends into using the board ( or makeshift one made from hand written letters placed on a table with a glass ) I wouldn’t touch the board myself but make a psychic link with a spirit & ask my own questions, telling the spirit to ignore their questions & just answer mine. That way I was sure it wasn’t me moving anything, even subconsciously.

That’s cool Janelle, but I can’t get anyone to even show up. I think I will be one of those people that need to persist in using it. And there are some people who just can’t work a Ouija board to save their life. Maybe I should try it with someone else and see what happens.

Absolutely persevere. Like anything it takes practice. My advice to you is to keep your thoughts positive & keep a journal. Good luck to you & keep us posted :slight_smile:

That gave me just the boost I needed. Thank you Miss!

You could always try Charlie Charlie.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3116725/Children-hospitalised-mass-hysteria-mysterious-bruises-Mexican-demon-video-Dominican-Republic-spawned-satanic-Charlie-Charlie-game-sending-teenagers-panic-world.html]Charlie Charlie Challenge sends teenagers into a panic across the world | Daily Mail Online

[quote=“Wednesday, post:1, topic:6977”]Hello everyone. I have been trying the Ouija board experiment for divination practice. There is also pendulum and some retarded arm thing. Well I seem to have too much control over all those methods. Nothing fruitful comes of it. I had tried the pendulum in the past and eventually quit asking questions. I became fascinated by how I would will it to move one way, then change it’s course. I would see it slow down, and go some other way. I can’t get anything from it.

I just tried the Ouija board with the same outcome. I feels like it is moving itself very very slowly, but I am willing it to change directions. I have never been able to contact anything on a Ouija board. It seems so easy for some.

I guess E.A wanted people to try them for experience, but ultimately demonstrates they are unreliable for this reason.

I’m just butthurt because I get NOTHING out of them whatsoever except my own input. Should I just move on as this is not my thing?
I wanted to get it working at least five times as suggested, but I believe it will be the same story forever. I’m too much of a control freak for ideometer based divination.[/quote]

E. A. Koetting didn’t ask you to have five different successful tries, just five so that you can get used to it. The whole point of the ideometric forms of divination is that you are just getting answers from yourself.

Like E. A. said, try them, but don’t make a big deal out of them.

There are much better skills that your going to learn as you progress in the course.

Thanks ashtkerr! I know you aren’t expected to master them, but it would be nice to get a few good things out of each. I know I won’t rely on any of them in the future anyway, but having it work for me at least once would help the momentum he talks about. Proving I can do it to any degree will give me the confidence I need to move on.

To be completely honest, I never had crazy success with the ideometric forms of divination. When I moved on to Tarot though, that was a game changer.

Wow! All I hear are these raving success stories where people just look at a Ouija board and it moves. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who sits there with forever alone face. I think now that it’s just not one of my talents. I don’t wish to use any of them anyway. I will just hold up my progress worrying about it. I may play with them in my own time, but will move on now. I do have more talent with cards as well.

I hear the same with Tarot though, I’ve had amazingly accurate readings form p[eople, and even online software, but for me? Well it IS accurate, but I can’t usually figure out what it was trying to say until afterwards, with the benefit of hindsight. Grr.

If it’s annoying you, just move on and find something that you feel ore at home with, I persist with tarot but rely on the Book of Fate for major decisions and important questions, backed up by pendulum readings, and secondarily, the I Ching.

Are you entering the Theta-Gamma Sync when you read Tarot? Because that’s when you get really good.

Well I see symbols above the cards a lot, but I can do that anyway without cards, and the symnbols are useful - the cards, meh. I do better with an “invisible” pack because they just make things up that are actually useful!

I also enjoy the invisible tarot. But, I love the feel of cards in my hand. Plus, my deck has pretty pictures.