Identifying deities

Hello all. I recent got a scan of sorts done. I have been searching a god or goddess and decided to ask a scanner for this. He claimed to have seen these things.

“I think I seen cupid after a really fast image ova women but couldn’t really see her in that short of time”

And

“a muscular man wearing a green shirt brown pants open toe shoes he has long brown hair. I also go n image of someone that has black hair fininely cut goatie close to his face and wearing red and black”

I am currently searching with no answer yet. I figured someone might understand the signs and looks of these deities. I will probably do a ritual of sorts to try and understand who they were. I asked and told the scanner that I was working with necromancy and poison research. Again any help is great. Thank you.

Those are way to general, that’s like looking for someone who has eyes or someone who has hair on their head, deities wear different things, but what was the exact point of the scan?

2 Likes

the only 2 Beings that come to mind to me here are Eros and Aphrodite, but as velenos said, these scans are way too general

1 Like

I asked if I should work with roman deities. And if any wished to work with me.

You’d have more accurate information through tarot or oracle, scans cannot answer yes or no questions in regards of “should I work with this or that entity” that’s more of a question for those forms of divination.

1 Like

Ok thank you. I believed the question may have been a bad one to ask for scans.

1 Like

So I have shrines to a lot of Greek divinities who all reached out to me in different ways and then there are a couple I reached out to first.

Hermes reached out to me through birds - first the birds showed up, then I had a strong feeling there was something spiritual about them, and eventually through a series of research and intuition, I found it was Hermes - who, as it turns out speaks to mortals through “augury” (omens through birds). I did not set out looking into the birds thinking Hermes, and it wasn’t as straightforward as a direct connection between Hermes and said birds. I had to seek with an open mind, and it was him.

The gods and goddesses (i follow their greek traditions and correspondences, not so much the Roman, but Rome did absorb the mythology and archetypes) may reach out to you blatantly or with subtlety, but you dont have to be a “chosen one.”

Dionysos - i was struggling with a stressful work situation that was making me overly anxious and taking a toll on my mental health. I laid on the floor and recited his orphic hymn - no incense, no candles - and asked him if he would be so kind as to help me, and he did, and i was put at ease immediately. This was only one such experience of a multitude now in a matter of months, and he has since led me to some glorious revelations about myself, my humanness, and divinity that i will always cherish him for (and he has a shrine). But if im honest with you, Dionysus was actually one of the last greek gods i imagined id ever have a spiritual connection with, and then i realized “why did i ignore him for so long?”

My advice: dont wait for signs, scans or divination. Take a moment with one of them - you can say a hymn, or just talk out loud, call to them, etc. it doesnt have to be fancy, and you dont have to have prophetic dreams. Just ask them. Theyre available
to everyone. Too often people project their own things onto them, and paganism is such a niche religion, an idea of being chosen, called, or having a specific deity gets thrown around in the neo pagan and metaphysical communities. And you dont have to work with just one or even have a primary or devote yourself forever or even “devote” at all - and thats polytheism! Lol.

I don’t consider myself a diviner, but I did think of Demeter a lot writing this, so that may be something. Or not.

1 Like

In my experience the direct approach tends to work best if it appears a spiritual entity is trying to get your attention. I’ve found making a clear declaration for it to identify itself tends to yield clear results. For me it often results in symbolism or myths of a specific entity bubbling around me in a persistent fashion until i take note of it.

2 Likes

Thank you for your insight. You’re full of knowledge. Its truly amazing to hear your ideas.

1 Like

Thank you that’s really kind of you to say. I read a lot and I’ve made Hellenism a part of my daily life and reality so they’re very important to me. I think your interest is wonderful and I don’t know your background and I understand that working with a deity can be intimidating depending but my experience with the Greek gods has been only beautiful, fulfilling and for the better of myself in this life experience i have presently, so i will share with anyone interested. The only thing I say is wash your hands, dont sacrifice people, and approach them with respect. That’s it. :wink:

1 Like

Interestingly enough my knee has been hurting when I tried to sleep just now before I came back on. And as I looked up a possible myth with a wounded knee (I thought it was maybe a deity giving me a hint.) I found this.

“During a skirmish with a rowdy bunch of centaurs (who were all scattering and heading for the hills) – Hercules carelessly, accidentally wounded his friend and mentor, Chiron, in the knee with one of his arrows.”

1 Like

Yea as I said to dinmiatus. My knee started hurting before I came online. And I searched for a possible reason (non magickal and magickal) and I found this.

During a skirmish with a rowdy bunch of centaurs (who were all scattering and heading for the hills) – Hercules carelessly, accidentally wounded his friend and mentor, Chiron, in the knee with one of his arrows.

1 Like

You know Chiron is connected to teaching herbs?

1 Like

I read a bit. He is a healer but also he was hit by a poisoned arrow. So that helps with my poison path. I think chiron was like " well fine if you’re just going to sleep, ill give you a perfect hint to wake you up!"

1 Like

He also taught asklepios who was said to bring someone back from the dead.

1 Like

So you have somewhere to start. It might expand from there it might not but probably will but it’s so cool. Those are the types of connections that can help you find your path.

1 Like

Its quite weird that I said my path I decided was a mixture of poisons and necromancy and a chiron showed himself. He has ties to poison and the undead. And healing. Very weird coincidence. But don’t believe in coincidence lol.

1 Like

Magic and spirit are weird coincidence until theyre not imo. lol

1 Like

Thats a good viewpoint lol. Well ima go to bed. And then tomorrow ima researsh chiron

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like