Ice Age Temple

Has anyone else on this site looked into this archaeological site called Gobekli Tepe? It’s a fascinating place; the oldest permanent structure known to man, the first megalithic structure, and most likely the oldest temple on the planet. The oldest sections of it date back to roughly 9,500 BC and the whole complex is aligned with different star groups and constellations- especially those that would have had special prominence back then.

More importantly, it’s located in a region of Turkey right between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers near where the Book of Enoch says the Watchers dwelled and where the Sumerians believed the Annunaki had their mountain-top settlements. So what do you guys think- the first permanent man-made ritual space? First temple dedicated to a group of entities we can identify and/or work with today? Altar dedicated to ancestor spirits or some forgotten pantheon of deities?

I have a few theories, but I’m curious as to what everyone else thinks.

don’t forget about Adams Calander in south Africa. or the great mounds that used to be Kahokia. Carbon dating is not 100%. I personaly think it seams vary celtic. and it appears to hint at ancestor and animal guardian pertection. Isnt it amazing how some of the animal carvings never existed anywhere near turkey ever… simply amazing.

I don’t understand what’s so unusual about Cahokia. The only reason people think the indigenous peoples of North America were primitive is by using Eurocentric world views that relied upon bigoted descriptions of civilizations decimated by diseases brought over by those same explorers doing the exploring.

They didn’t have wheels, or gunpowder, or iron, but if some indigenous cultures could run the Vikings out of town almost 500 years before European contact- at the height of their power -it would be a stretch to call them primitive.

As to Adam’s Calendar, I’m doubtful as to the dating scheme on it- as basically everyone who believes that date is correct are generally subscribers to the “Ancient Astronaut” theory. That being said, it is still a remarkable site.

And regarding the animals, towards the end of the last Ice Age, all of those animals were indigenous to the region. You could still find lions and leopards in Greece up until the days of Alexander the Great, and wolves were everywhere until the Renaissance. Of course, it is still a remarkable set of carvings considering all of the animals chosen- except for the bull, the birds, and the lions -are adversarial or tabooed in effectively all early cultures indigenous to Eurasia. I wonder what that could mean?

No one ran the Vikings out; the Vikings settled and mixed with the locals, as they did in many other places.
This accounts for the similarities between some Indian and Scandinavian myths.

And yes the locals were extremely primitive.

Anyways- anything to add about the site and what it could possibly mean?

At the other site in Anatolia, the archaeologists still speculate about the dozens of black obsidian mirrors lying all over the dig, and propose all types of explanations, except for demonic evocation.

The predatory reptile in the older site in the context of a temple may mean that the Godform appeared primarily in this shape. Possibly one of the death gods. However, other gods have reptilean forms, such as Lucifer.

Possibly, as it does seem to be related to the skull cult of the slightly later Catal Huyuk. The vultures depicted are frequently in the role of a psychopomp, carrying or cradling round objects (possibly heads) and carrying them away from headless human forms set atop platforms. From what I’ve read, in the context of the site as a temple the adversarial creatures- foxes, wolves, and boars -are generally positioned lower on the vaugeuly anthropomorphic pillars than the protective ones- typically vultures, lions, and bulls. Serpents generally serve to separate adversarial from protective animals.

It is also worth noting that the temple was entered from a small, square entrance set in the wall one would have to stoop or crawl through, and the entrant would then have to walk counter-clockwise, facing the creatures carved on the pillars, and one of the temple’s focal points- directly across from entrance -was a opening set into a stone meant to appear vaguely like a woman’s legs and buttocks, making the opening the vulva. It was focused upon the constellation of Cygnus- which at that time held the pole star -and a band of the Milky Way. Some kind of representation of the Axis Mundi and the idea of a Great Mother who gave birth to all things?

The site is also related- in some of the things I’ve read -to a culture that lived a little farther north, in the Armenian mountains, which appears to have had a ruling class who were shamanic priests of some kind. They also had a fixation with large birds, as the wings of vultures have been found articulated and preserved with evidence that they had been worn during rituals. They probably wore some kind of mask as well, to complete the transformation. In that case, the wings were used as a ritual item to facilitate soul travel, and the masks- probably of the protective animals -were used to grant power of some kind.

This may be a link to descendants of the Atlantean Race.

Has anyone considered utilizing soul travel to go back and observe these and other ancient sites? And also don’t forget about the Neraphim. Humans were not and are not the only enlightened beings of intelligence on this earth. I have utilized a form of astral travel that allowed me to craft a portal through time. The astral realm is timeless and the theory of relativity clearly states that time is relative to the beholder or in this case the magician. All of the sciences are derived from their predecessors. Chemistry from Alchemy, Astronomy from Astrology, etc. Who is to say that we are now more advanced than we once were? Just a few random thoughts on the subject. Do with them what you will.