I smoke mugwort in the morning, I smoke mugwort at night

Becareful if you make your own, too much nightshade could, at best, leave you very sick.

1 Like

I prefer not to use nightshade at all

After a bit of snooping around the internet, I’m pretty excited to give flying ointment a go!

Mugwort is good for healing surface wounds and bruising when made into a poltice. Inhalation or ingestion should be done in small spaced out intervals. As it can do long term damage to both sexes. Males it can damage the liver and kidneys and in females it can cause fertitity issues and miscarage.

3 Likes

Thank you for that information! I’m guessing it shouldn’t be smoked in the same apartment suite as a pregnant woman either?

2 Likes

lol Henbane is some crazy stuff. If you have used it you know why they cal it Flying Ointment.

2 Likes

I figured I would chime in because this is a topic I have had ALOT of experience with herbs during my life. I’m going to give you the rundown on the plants suggested so far:

Mugwort: One of my all time favorites. i am about to trim up a batch I found growing wild in a local cemetery (for reasons, lol). It is by far one of the best enhancers to use, especially if you want to keep your wits about you. I would suggest research on approximate dosage in proportion to your body mass, so you have a better idea of what you can consume long-term without causing problems. I use mugwort in tea 5-6 times a week and have never had any issues, but I know my dose after years of use. One thing you can do to offset the effects on the liver is to eat at least one good sized handful of walnuts everyday, and drink lots of water. If you are going to inhale it I would suggest an herb vaporizer, just as I would with any plant. Do not smoke this, or anything else for that matter around a pregnant woman (for a myriad of reasons), and DO NOT feed her mugwort before the baby is delivered unless you want complications. Also, have you smudging with mugwort or tried adding it to an incense blend? It has had awesome effects for me during certain rituals.

Flying Ointment: The main ingredient that alters your conscience in Flying Ointment is a plant called Henbane. It is toxic, so proceed with extreme caution if you are going to use it. In most cases the results of a ritual are not very good if it manifests after you are dead, no matter how effective it is, lol.

Morning Glory: This is a good one, and the effects run on a timeline that is very convenient for a ritual or long meditation. If you are going to buy the seeds make sure you get Heirloom seeds imported from outside the USA. I got mine from Mexico when I used them as an entheogen. Pudding or applesauce is a good delivery method and can help prevent the nausea that can come with the seeds’ use. Crush first, then mix it in.

Nightshade: I would suggest not fucking around with this one unless you are VERY up to date on it’s uses and dosage. This plant is on a level of potency that the above mentioned do not even come close to. If you are going to do it anyway, try to get an extract so you have a better idea of what you are doing to your self.

Marijuana: I love this one for meditations especially, but I leave it out of any workings where I need an extreme focus. It is hard to curse someone when you are so happy about how awesome the new incense smells, lol.

I have found this to be true for me as well. I rarely use mind enhancers in ritual anymore, as I can get into a similar mental state without them now. I will say that their use has been an important part of my journey, though, especially in the beginning. Hope this helps.

7 Likes

Here you are lads…

4 Likes

Nightshade is a beautiful plant. I didn’t know people still used it, though. I imagine the effects would be so overwhelming it might make working impossible. I’ve taken many hallucinogens/psychedelics, but I would not mess with this. I believe the motion sickness pill Dramamine has a chemical that is also active in nightshade/datura/etc, and it doesn’t cause hallucinations like your LSD/LSA or Mushrooms. The hallucinations are way more realistic, and dream-like, and most of the time very dark and confusing. I took about 24 Dramamine tablets when I was about 16 or 17, and the trip is so real you don’t even realize you’re tripping at first. I was talking to friends and acquaintances that I believe were there but were completely imagined. Looking in a mirror, I would see the bodies and faces of my friends standing behind me, looking me in the eyes through the reflection. They talked, walked, smiled… even their antics were exactly how I would remember my friends.

I can see this being a powerful tool, but I imagine you would have to take such a light dose in order to test the waters.

3 Likes

I once tried a whole vial of that revamped dramamine . . . I just kinda laid on the couch exhausted. I never ended up trying the oldschool kind.

Man, that stuff kicked my ass. I didn’t know what I was in for, either. I was trying to play it off with my ex like I was sober… Haha. I was talking to people who weren’t there, and then trying to act like nothing was going on. The weirdest part was when people would just vanish, and I would have no idea where they went, so I would ask my ex where they went… My cover was blown quickly.

1 Like

Kek!

i did shrooms once…felt like being in a fun house when you look in the mirror.

and at times felt like being in a video game.

1 Like

The last time I did shrooms, I became aware of the profound grossness of the human race. This was likely due to every circumstantial variable baring a general negativity. Some people would call this a bad trip. I call it an enlightening premonition of things that would come to pass in the shithole I took those mushrooms in.

2 Likes

oh i just thought my head was red helium balloon :balloon: and my body was the string lol :joy::joy: floating up the ceiling haha!! but it was definitely an experience

3 Likes

Things were all cronenbergian body-horror for me. Slime was just everywhere, and it is! It was all the microorganisms communicating, then there was my roommate. I hadn’t felt that repelled by someone in years. I knew it! The slime doesn’t lie!

1 Like

ohh…haha i went out to a deer stand looking at the sky was like being in a video game…i guess i had good trips.

the bathroom mirror felt like a funhouse
i was a balloon and in a video game.
other than that everything just looked really big or really long.
like my friend cooked brownies and i swear when she pulled the pan out …the hot bubble ups looked like moon craters lol :joy:
i just had fun…but im also happy high and drunk. …so idk

1 Like

Ayahuasca is supposed to be great for ‘traveling’ too. It’s a boiled mixture of Banisteriopsis caapi and Psychotria viridis (bear with my spelling, I’m pulling these Latin names from old memory) but you have to be careful ordering them too. I tried to make Ayahuasca by mail order material and it made me feel like something was trying to crawl out of my skin with no other effect.

Shrooms are my favorite. I’ve had good trips and bad, but it showed me that the world is not solid, but is a whirling, wiggling flux. And it gave me a tour of the pregnant vacuum, the connected blissful void. Another time, shrooms gave me body hallucinations that had me growing tentacles and feeling the entire inside of a car.

Datura Stramonium was one of my most dramatic plant allies. The visuals on that are incredibly real and you accept them easily while under the influence. You also are incapable of nausea or fear, but your mucus membranes will be dry as the desert. She also picks and chooses who gets a good experience. She’ll let the ones she likes have a good time, and she’ll make the ones she doesn’t like cramp and get nearly nothing the whole time except maybe hallucinations of their skin sloughing off or the like. The only issue is that if you do it too much, you’ll develop a tolerance and she could possibly overwhelm your astral senses and set you back like you burnt a fuse out.

Datura grows wild in random places. And for those talking about Morning Glory (Ipomoea), be aware that it is specifically the very very blue one (Heavenly Blue, I believe the trade name is) that has a high LSA content in it’s seeds.

I personally never had a great relationship with marijuana. It just made me repeatedly forget whatever I was saying, slowed me down, and made me have to consciously remember to breath, like it went from automatic to manual.

I used to grow my own Wormwood. I would eat a sprig every now and then to protect against the possibility of internal parasites, and I liked Absinthe and the wormwood’s thujone for a while.

I also grew Madagascar Periwinkle, but never tried to extract it’s tiny amounts of Ibogaine (Aboriginal people’s have a plant called Iboga with much higher levels which they use to speak face to face with their ancestors.)

Botanical biochemistry has been one of my favorite subjects. I love plants. Sadly, most of my potted collectors item ones died due to a lot of moving and house swapping. I still have the remaining root of my little Mandragora officianalis (Mandrake). I was quite impressed with myself that I got him to germinate and kept him alive for years, the experts say it’s finicky.

I apologize for my wall of text, haha.

5 Likes

N,N-Dimethyltryptamine