I propose a 350 day challenge split in groups of 50

Also that spinning thing sounds too new age. I only seem to find it on websites about white magic and such. The Yogis of yore had not had to spin. They had to train their bodies to do that kind of things through breathing, mantra, and devotion. It is within their tradition to be able to leave their body at will. This doesn’t mean astral projection, it’s like suicide at will kind of thing. If you don’t know how to do this, you cannot exit the fontanel.

Those numbers are interesting. I wonder how they compare with numbers that other yogis recommend. I never really paid attention to the numbers back when I was saying mantras and such but I’m sure it would have helped. Gives people a good idea what to shoot for and what to expect.

When I first heard about the spinning thing, like a decade ago, I was very skeptical. Personally I only tried it a few times and never really was enough to get anywhere. But now a lot of people seem to be talking about it. I heard an interview the other day by a guy claiming to be involved in secret U.S. projects. He said back in the late 70’s early 80’s he participated in a project of astral projection where they spun him 33 times a min on a carousel type thing to help him project. I find that interesting since the first thing published I know about the 33 thing was in the 90’s. I know, secret projects “conspiracy” crap. But I still find it interesting and think there may be something there.

I think I read about the suicide thing before. Supposedly when that happens there is a crack or popping sound heard in the head area from what I remember.

In Swami Rama’s book the path of fire and light, it says when you’re in Yoga nidra you’re conscious in deep sleep. It says people try to induce that same state by spinning around. It causes an ecstatic state. Don’t know if the two are related.

The spinning 33 times is very interesting. In the set of exercises called the 5 Tibetans (I really don’t know why they are called that since the book they were originally found in, The Eye of Revelation, states the author learned them in India) the very first exercise in the set is spinning clockwise 21 times.

1 Like

@Omnipresent Are you still active? I got turned on to chanting a while back from a member here, and I want to try this.

All I really want to know is the advised mental state and how to best speak the mantras for this excercise. Simple clarification will do; I am pretty self directing beyond that.

Never mind. I found a resource on basic enunciation:

I already have a mala I made.

Set a journal aside for this excercise set.

@DarkestKnight, I only found this thread because you mentioned it in another post. Any suggestions beyond what has been covered? And any comments on this yourself?

1 Like

I’m a beginner, can you explain kundalini and what comes with awaking them, or if I should.

I know this was posted awhile ago but can you raise kundalini without even trying? Only reason I ask is because about a year ago before I got into meditation and everything else I had chronic fatigue for about a month. Like could barely move was so exhausted and the doctors couldnt find anything wrong I thought it might be lyme disease but it wasnt. then a month later I randomly got better. It may be a stupid question but I am still curious about why that happened to me.

Yes. It is a biological process that can happen spontaneously.

Recently I wondered if it’s possible to have a “bad” awakening of Kundalini, but being able to correct it.
On second thought, if one wasn’t prepared, it’s difficult to adjust the situation as well. But who knows.

Thanks for the reply. I was very confused I had no clue what was going on with me. No matter what I did I could barely do anything. Maybe thats what was happening,

1 Like

I never took this challenge, though it did intrigue me. I’m pretty impatient and couldn’t sit and vibrate the mantras long enough. My breath rate is lower than the average due to martial arts training and theatre, so getting 108 repetitions takes me longer than 20 minutes, I found. When I am vibrating the mantras, I do so on the exhale in a drawn out way, like “Oooooooommmmmmm” so to get to 10, 000 would take me hours, and I found increasing my breath rate to keep pace with the chanting on some of the available YouTube videos felt too unnatural and moved me into hyperventilation.

Currently, I am using EA’s chakra exercise from Questing After Visions daily, and vibrating the mantras for each chakra roughly ten times each. It takes me about 20-25 minutes. I tried using a technique found in David Frawley’s book, Mantra and Primal Sound, where you chant the mantras for 24 minutes each, but after sitting for 2 hours I had only moved through two chakras so I gave that up.

EA also mentions the 24 minute thing (representing one minute for every hour of the day) in QAF, so I am also daily vibrating the mantra HAUM for 24 minutes. I just set a timer and chant until it goes off. It is supposed to bring one closer to the GodSelf and I’ve been doing it for two weeks now. Haven’t noticed any real changes, though I do feel drawn in certain directions towards various spirits and practices.

2 Likes