I propose a 350 day challenge split in groups of 50

You’re probably here because of the challenge.

The challenge: My goal is possibly awakening and moving the kundalini up the spine and into the crown. The easiest but possibly even the slowest way is saying mantras. We start from the root up to the crown.

What do mantras do?

They awaken energy within each chakra. 100,000 times is sufficient, but over 1,000,000 times, you would see the Deva of the chakra.

What are the mantras for each chakra?

AUM - Sahasrara chakra (Crown)
OM - Ajna chakra (3rd eye)
HAM - Throat chakra
YAM - Heart chakra
RAM - Solar Plexus chakra
VAM - Navel chakra
LAM - Root chakra

Start from Lam and go to AUM.

They are meant to be said with an UM instead of AM. Example: Heart Chakra you say it as YUM.

All I say to do each day for 50 days each chakra is say the mantra of the chakra 2,000 times. It should take at max 20 minutes. I usually do it in 7 minutes. Of course, you are free to double or even triple that amount.

Each chakra comes with its own set of powers. By reciting the mantras, you could see astrally or an unbreakable willpower or etc. I know you guys would love the root chakra because it brings wealth and fulfills desires.

It all depends on your will and determination. Will you take the challenge and post your results every 50 days? You need to focus on the mantra when saying it and this can cause problems, but this is also what it trains you to do in the making: developing one pointedness.

That’s all for now. Any questions and such come to me. We start on the 20th of this month.

1 Like

You use numbered beads, it’s easy to slip them through your hands without keeping count, and each time you reach the final bead (which is usually bigger) you know you did a complete cycle - I only ever did mantras by multiples of 108, and I think some people count them over a different finger each time, so that’s 10 x 108 then another 10 to start from the beginning. There’s probably other ways, this is the one I was taught.

A knotted piece of string will do at a pinch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A mala!

Awakening kundalini is serious business. I just hope everyone involved knows what they are doing. I had mine awakened a long time ago and experienced very unpleasant side effects for years. Raising kundalini IMO is one of the fastest ways to gain abilities, but also one of the most dangerous. I just think people should be sure they know what they are getting into.

I awakened my kundalini years ago. If Robert Bruce can raise his over 70 times, what makes this unsafe? Is it because you read it in a book? Stop the false claims until you actually experience a raising of kundalini then you can be skeptical and be able to prove it.

I have raised it and personally know others who have. I’m not going to go on a long rant to convince anyone cause I don’t care who believes. And I’m not knocking your 350 day challenge idea. All I mean is people should know about the dangers before they jump into something like that. That’s all. If people know what they are doing then go for it. The group idea sounds interesting.

The process of Kundalini is not inherently dangerous. However, it CAN be, in the same way that magick can be, if you are unprepared for its effects. This is amply described in the literature.

There are many paths to raising the kundalini and what Omni proposes is just one (see Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris for another, as well as a description of what can happen when you’re not prepared for the influx of energy. It took him 5 years to repair the damage). I believe Krishnamurti also caused damage to himself when he raised his kundalini.

From what I understand from the OP, we are not talking about raising the kundalini completely, just awakening it, or am I mistaken?

Because raising the kundalini results in PERMANENT changes so when Robert Bruce talks about “raising” the kundalini 70 times, it means he has NEVER completed it, because if he had, then he COULDN’T raise it multiple times. It is an energy circuit, similar to the Microcosmic Orbit in Taoism. You are taking the sexual energy of the body, and bringing it up the spine, to the brain, then down again, in a loop. And, since your brain is involved, that is where the danger lies.

In the above mentioned book, Glenn Morris brought his kundalini up the spine, where it blew through the Ghost Gate (the Za’al chakra, I think its called in the chakra system, where the head is attached to the spine) like a freight train, literally burning its way through. The result was he couldn’t get an erection without becoming nauseous and having sex was a race between orgasm, and vomiting.

So XXShadowXXX is right, there is indeed danger involved in raising the kundalini, and people should be aware of it, but it is minimal if it is done with care.

I propose that someone with experience with Kundalini outline what to expect. I think either Omni or XXXShadowXXX would be a good fit here.

It sounds like there is a lot of conflicting views on what will happen to someone if they begin to raise their Kundalini, and a list of what to watch out for would greatly benefit anyone who is looking to do this. This will help people avoid pitfalls and let them know when they are on the right track.

Is everyone ready? I’m also saying a few other mantras at the same time as well. I’m going to leave the website and return every 100 days of mantric work. I’m dedicating this next year to 100% inner development in magical workings. I will leave after tomorrow, but you’d probably still see me on Facebook or pm’s. Hah only Orismen then lol.

There are slower ways and there are faster ways to open kundalini. The way Omni proposes is indeed a slower method. However, even slow methods can sometimes cause kundalini to run out of your control. That’s the thing with Kundalini, once awakened, it often tends to have a mind of its own. Its different for everybody though.

One of the first signs that you are on the verge of awakening it, is a tingling sensation in the area known as the perineum. This was a sign that I felt. The area of the perineum can get tingly, and it can feel pleasurable. That’s another sign. When you are waking it up you can feel very sexually aroused. You may start to have sexual thoughts and you may want to go and have sex or masturbate to relieve yourself. It’s important not to. You need to not think about it and not give in to the arousal {atleast when following Omni’s method. There are some ways in using sex or masturbation to get kundalini going through tantric yoga}.

There is something I would like to address when it comes to the sexual fluids (semen for men and vaginal secretions for women). These fluids, in my experience, seem to be like fuel or gas for kundalini. And in practicing methods to awaken kundalini I think it is important to keep and maintain these fluids and to abstain from reaching climax where these fluids can be lost/released. There is definitely some connection between the sexual fluids and kundalini. I’m not going to go into anymore detail about this, but my experience and the reports of others seem to indicate that the sexual fluids are like a fuel for kundalini. For men it takes about 2 days to fully replenish lost semen from ejaculation. And I think to have the best chances of raising kundalini you should keep this in mind and practice Omni’s mantra method when the fluids are full.

From the tingling sensation by the perineum, the feeling can next progress to chills(hot,cold, or neutral) that seem to progress up your spine. This experience can vary to many degrees. It can feel like mild tingling goose bumps on your skin to an incredible rush of energy. Or you may not feel anything at all. I do believe there are various intensities so that there can be experiences where the person doesn’t feel the energy at all but it will still be working to some degree in changing your body.

That’s what kundalini does. It will change your body in so many different ways. It will awaken dormant areas of the brain, rejuvenate glands to produce hormones that scientists may not have names for yet, and even change your DNA.

The thing is when the kundalini energy rises it can encounter blockages in your energy body. These are representative of mental issues you need to deal with. The energy can’t flow freely until you deal with it and change in some way. The full path of kundalini goes up the spine straight into your head and comes out of the crown chakra. You can raise it numerous times or just once. But I believe once fully awakened you no longer need to raise it.

When encountering blockages and/or when your body is changing to be able to function on a higher energy level you may experience numerous negative and positive side effects. Some negative and positive effects are chronic fatigue, extreme mood swings, manic behavior, psychological issues, spontaneous body movements, twitching, psychic ability, back pain, feeling of oneness, buzzing in ears, involuntary laughing or crying, inner visions. If you want to see a great list of side effects this is a good site:
http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=SymptomsList
One of the worst symptoms I experienced was chronic fatigue. It was so bad that I went to the doctor and got a blood test. And guess what, all my levels were normal and the doctor said there was nothing to indicate I should be having chronic fatigue. This is usually the case with kundalini awakening. The doctors will usually not be able to find a scientific explanation for kundalini side effects.

I feel like I can go on forever writing about Kundalini, but I hope this is enough for anyone who wants to get started.

@Omnipresent- I will be interested to hear how it goes

Thanks. The biggest effect for me was psychologically. My mind couldn’t take what the heck was happening. It is because of our belief systems that you really fall into something like this. I really need to still unlearn many things that I have been taught. As a Mormon, I thought I was experiencing some kind of outer attack when it was in the inside. I had no idea what to do. Finally, I am stable no and ready for the strongest raise I am going to encounter. This is the reason as to why I want to raise it by reciting mantras. It leaves me for more time to prepare for what’s going to happen to me.

Excellent, thank you both.

If I may add, stay hydrated. Energy work can burn you up fast, so eat well, stay hydrated, sleep well, and get some exercise.

You use numbered beads, it’s easy to slip them through your hands without keeping count, and each time you reach the final bead (which is usually bigger) you know you did a complete cycle - I only ever did mantras by multiples of 108, and I think some people count them over a different finger each time, so that’s 10 x 108 then another 10 to start from the beginning. There’s probably other ways, this is the one I was taught.

A knotted piece of string will do at a pinch. :)[/quote]

For 108, 9 x 12 is easier imo since you can work with the thumb counting three knuckles of four fingers on one hand, and thumb counting three knuckles of three fingers on the other.

There is no preparing for it just jump in. Or in other words all your imaginings and preparations will just be discarded as soon as you succeed, since they will become irrelevant.

EDIT: Not to say that preparation isn’t necessary, it is. It gets you to take the actions necessary to succeed. You 'll see things differently later. But that is the whole experience of learning. We become someone we weren’t when we started. If we are not different, then we didn’t learn anything.

[quote=“Orismen, post:8, topic:3309”]I propose that someone with experience with Kundalini outline what to expect. I think either Omni or XXXShadowXXX would be a good fit here.

It sounds like there is a lot of conflicting views on what will happen to someone if they begin to raise their Kundalini, and a list of what to watch out for would greatly benefit anyone who is looking to do this. This will help people avoid pitfalls and let them know when they are on the right track.[/quote]

Get ready for what appears to be physical sicknesses that you may have had in the past to move through your body again, more rapidly than before. For example getting sick for a few hours instead of a few days. I’m not sure why this happens but it does for some. High fluctuations in body temperature, un-explainable emotional shifts, etc.

Sticking with some daily routine that gives a sense of stability would be helpful in my opinion, to help maintain a balanced perspective.

Do what promotes your health: mental, emotional, physical, etc.

So how’s everyone doing so far? I tend to do a different mantra in the morning, but I do the Bija at night when I’m not bothered

I am currently at 6,000 repetitions of “Lam or Lum”. It has helped me to get into an altered state in which the normal blue astral clouds turn red (possibly due to the chakra or the fact that I expect “red” )

Finally, a thread on the Hindu system (the oldest system of all). I chant mantras all the time. I however think focus is even more important than the number of mantras chanted.

There is something I would like to add and many of you may already understand the significance of what I’m talking about. The number of times you repeat each mantra is significant in and of itself. Of course the greater amount of times you repeat a mantra the higher the chances of success. However, the exact number of times you do it can be very significant in bringing about certain effects. This type of knowledge is very advanced.

For example, for some reason if you spin your body clockwise exactly 33 times it has some wondrous effects on the body. It helps one separate the astral body from the physical body. It makes the chakras spin more effectively and helps you process energy/information. And it fires up all your cells and energy in your body. Doing it exactly 33 times does this, not 31 or 34, but exactly 33 for some reason has this effect on the body.

Another example is repeating a ritual atleast 462 times. Franz Bardon speaks of loading a talisman this way in one of his books. He said if you repeat a certain method that he describes, in charging a talisman, you need to do it at least 462 times in order to make the talisman effective. It’s one of the slow and tedious ways of loading a talisman. Not sure how this relates to other rituals but in the one he describes in his book he says this exact number.

This type of knowledge of numbers and their effects is very advanced numerology and kabbalah. I’m sure this type of knowledge can be applied to the number of times you repeat a mantra. Personally, I really don’t have any knowledge about this type of numerology/kabbalah other than what I mentioned. I don’t know what number of repetitions one should use in repeating a mantra to release certain effects like raising kundalini, but I do think such knowledge can be acquired by communicating with spirits. There are numerous spirits in Bardon’s evocation book that can teach such knowledge of numerology or kabbalah.

I just thought that all of this would be something to think about when deciding how many times you are going to repeat a mantra.

I mostly learned through books and lectures by Swami Rama. He says 100,000 is an amount ample enough for you to gain mantra siddhi. There are different effects every 100,000 times you chant them. At around 600,000-1,000,000 you see the entity who governs that certain chakra.

I know what you mean in the Franz Bardon books. Hell it took me forever to do the Electromagnetic volt fine. Also in his third work, Key to the True Kabbalah, the first keys must be said each body a certain number of times. With the fourth key, it is said in all bodies at the same time.