I Need More Tentacles In My Life

Hey All,

I am looking for advice on approaching the Old Ones and the Lovecraftian current. I have S. Ben Qayin’s Black Book of Azathoth but, as incredibly awesome as the book is, it’s ceremonial structure is predicated on performing the rituals outside and I do not currently have that option where I live (due to weather and lack of private parks where I won’t be disturbed).

I have thought about using a Chaos Magick approach similar to what Phil Hine describes in his book The Pseudonomicon, but I’ve also thought about using dreams and astral journeying.

Any advice is appreciated.

5 Likes

IMG_0083

10 Likes

I’m sorry. When you said you needed more tentacles, I couldn’t help but think of the fisherman’s wife. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Lmao I thought of Hentai for real just by reading the title. Sorry OP…

9 Likes

The title was purposeful and references to hentai were expected :wink:

9 Likes

In all seriousness, I would just wing it and do the ceremony indoors and see what happens.

2 Likes

Necronomicon Gnosis by Asenath Mason has plenty of indoor rituals…

8 Likes

I have a copy of that, I think :thinking:

1 Like

I have limited experience with them, and primarily with Nyarlothotep, but I have had no problems doing ritual indoors. Try having a bowl of salt water or something if you want to work with Cthulhu.

5 Likes

As @FraterRibeye stated ya can always experiment with the rituals indoors. If ya have concerns ya could try messaging about indoor adaptations if S. Ben Qayin on facebook. He is still pretty active there.

3 Likes

So far I find it a very informative read. :slight_smile:

i just watched a movie called The Call Girl of Cthulhu. Bad movie, with bad SFX, but lots of blood, boobs and tentacles coming from places tentacles should not :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

You may be interested- Book of the Old ones by Scorpio. I don’t used it but heard good word about from fellow magician i trust.

1 Like

Something something… joke about clickbait titles… something

Have fun with entities known to be extremely addictive to work with, as well as having a detrimental impact on sanity. Don’t become a doomsday cultist.

Yeah I’d be very mindful about what approaches you use, the trinity of triangles in itself as a ritual mat and necklace, can make then entire difference in how well you can handle everything - because it can be extremely powerful, you’d do well in finding or using most excellent tactics. I think that even of you can’t do it outside - better doing it ‘right’ when you’re inside, if you really can’t do it anywhere else. I am on my way to go far away in nature to do my rituals - reasons being your consciousness opens up so you can start to behold the size and nature, the outline of what you have called more fummy and therefore can be a better training for your senses, giving a straighter curve of developing your senses and the amounts of energy you are able to handle and let flow also because nature helps you handle all of it better. :wink:

2 Likes

I have removed a small derailment from this thread, and placed the person responsible on a 7-day suspension to cool their heels, also this is for blasting a newly-joined member with a very abusive statement. I’ll post again in the Lounge.

4 Likes

Dunno if you have checked um out but donald tyson’s work provides some pretty good material for connecting to the current. My only issue with his stuff is he tries to align them within the kaballah :man_facepalming: other than that there is good info to meditate on and connect to the various beings within the current.

The old ones are only a part of it :alien:

2 Likes

Thanks, man. I have read Tyson’s stuff, and I agree, his alignments don’t really fit. I love his Necronomicon Tarot, though.

1 Like

Yeah except for the strange attempt at kaballah alignment (which he isnt the first to try that :man_facepalming:) there is some good info to meditate on. Also lovecrafts work itself can act as focal points for mediation to connect and receive information.

1 Like

I didn’t see it mentioned, but you might want to read Liber Koth. The second part’s about the Lovecraftian current. I went through a lot of grimoires and ended up starting with that one. It has simple indoor operations and works very well.

Please be careful!

1 Like