I lucid dream too much and it's exhausting

As the topic itself says, I lucid dream a LOT. I don’t remember doing anything specific to trigger this. It just started happening. I feel like I’ve been living so many lives in my dreams and I wake up exhausted. I’m starting to have issues differing reality from dream. I don’t even know which part actually happened, who I actually talked to and which parts were just dreams.
Something funny about this though, I’ve been dreaming a lot about somebody who burnt the bridges with me 3 years ago. I’m having a hard time understanding if he’s trying to reach out or it’s just me.
I’m a newbie to all this. I would like to understand how to work with my spirit guides and see clearer through things. And if possible, I’d also like to just have regular dreams. It’s exhausting to be ‘living’ so much. I feel so old :joy::joy: also, about the person who’s supposedly trying to reach out, how can I know if it’s really him trying to connect to me or just my imagination.
(I remember before we have talked about astral projection. Hence the uncertainty)

3 Likes

Practice grounding. It’ll help with the ‘not being able to tell reality from dream’ state.

To work with your spirit guides, I recommend using guided meditations to start out.

About the person reaching out, make note of what they’re doing in the dream. Sometimes old relationships may indicate a past thing you need to reflect on, or something to do with your present life. It might not necessarily be the person reaching out. Also reflect on the person you were back then, the part of you that you “lost”.

2 Likes

Thank you I will definitely try the guided meditation and grounding! It gets too exhausting now

Concerning the person, the only thing he does is follow me around and say “I will wait until we get to a quiet place then we will talk. We need to talk.”

2 Likes

Sounds like there are some leftover cords/matters from his side :thinking:

1 Like

Well since he was the one to burn the bridges down, I’ll just stay right here and stand my grounds. If he wants to talk he will have to put that ego aside.
I’ll be right here, working on myself. Meditating :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

1 Like

:muscle::purple_heart:

1 Like

You may enjoy the book The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. It sounds like you’re already passed all the intro grindy stuff and can get right to the good stuff.

It might sound weird to suggest going deeper, but if you learn to better control the dream state that may help with any angstiness or frustrations involving dreams.

I’ve had people from my past show up in my dreams in strange ways as well. I’d see what happens in the dream state first before you think about contacting them irl. Maybe something interesting will happen.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the recommendation
Where can I get the book?

Amazon, probably also other places.

Another good book is Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Dr. Stephen LaBerge, by the way. This one has some good stuff on things to do in lucid dreams.

1 Like

Try to take advantage of it! Travel in time. Visit places that you can’t visit in the physical plane. Talk to deities, etc.

1 Like