I love this forum and the books, but

I’m pretty new to E.A.'s workings (I know…behind the times), and I do enjoy reading everything that I have read so far, but there is one thing that bothers me.

All of the ads pretty much have that “anyone can do it” theme to them. Everything is promised to be easy and simple and fast-acting. However, once you get the books and read the forum, the reality is that it’s really not that simple. You must do A, B, C, etc., first in order to see results.

I’m not some kid who expects things to drop into my lap, but I feel that the ads are deceiving, and the reality check disappointing.

I plan to do what needs to be done in order to evoke, etc., but E.A. should really be up front about all of the work that’s involved in evocation, instead of making it look like any person with a pulse can have fast results right off of the bookshelf.

1 Like

While there is a fair amount of work involved in learning EA’s methods I have to disagree. Before EA made this site you’d probably have to search on your own for years experimenting what works and deciphering mystical sounding gurus writings hoping what they said was legit and it bypasses a lot of that and takes it from the difficulty level of passing a pilots exam with the snails pace of traveling the world in a row boat to almost as easy as learning to roller skate. A lot of the difficulty was sifting through non sense and finding what works and EA takes a lot of that out of the equation.

Anyone can do it. How is that misleading? Where did you read the easy, simple and fast acting part? Honestly E.A.'s method and exercises doproduce results faster than a lot of other occult authors out there. E.A. puts it in simple to understand terms. Like anything the more you practice the easier it becomes.

What methods are you having trouble with? Often it’s a simple fix to get you on the right track.

I don’t see how anything is misleading. There is work involved on our part but E.A. has shared his techniques. His techniques work. I wouldn’t be here if they didn’t. I have been practicing a while and made more progress with E.A.'s teachings than any other person or system.
Post what you are having trouble with (as TWF mentioned) and there are plenty of willing and capable people here that can help.

In my opinion E.A. gives us through his books and videos all the tools we need with simple words and applicable methods. I don’t think that anyone ever promised that we will be able to harness the powers of the strongest and wisest entities out there just by purchasing a book. Personal work and time are required…

The forum is an excellent source of knowledge and what makes things even easier to understand is the amount of advice here and the A, B, C… steps you’re talking about that some members here are willing to share.

Howdy Ixchel,

I see you’re rather here so welcome to the forum. There’s a lot of great people here that are willing to help you out. I just wanted to give you my take in regards to your concerns.

What EA provides is tested, proven methods that produce real magickal results in a time frame that’s more accelerated than what you could expect to gain on average. Difficult? I think about magick in the same way I think about mastering a musical instrument, it’s easy as long as you master it one step at a time, in the correct order. Most people do not want to do things the right way, the easy way, often they want instant gratification. Fortunately like, music, magick has some built in instant gratification. Want a freebie? Listen to EA’s interviews on Truth Frequency Radio. He gave me my very first ritual there, for free, prior to BALG even being a website. I just tried what he said, for free, and got results!

What was it?

He said by merely calling the name of Azazel you could draw him near.

Say it over and over again! No not now!

Try this instead: Build up the idea of calling a powerful ancient demon into your life. Lose yourself in the fantasy of it, what does he look like, what does his voice sound like, what questions will you ask him. Then, get yourself in a meditative state (weed helps, so does rum), then when you are in a completely dark room, or semi-lit room staring into any mirror, call the name. Do it! Try it. See if you get a response. I did.

But that was only the beginning phase of my current magickal training. I did not master magick that day, I started my journey to do so. That has taken daily devoted practice and study. Never forget that having a spirit teach you about spirits is the only real way to learn about spirits. EA’s provides a lot of great instructional material for a reasonable price. He also allows this forum to exist where many practitioners come together to share their experience. So, read the threads, ask some questions, and practice what you learn. Oh, and don’t be afraid to fail!

Zecharyah 555

ANY skill worth devoting one’s life to take’s time, regardless of which skill it is you choose to dedicate one’s self too. It takes time man. I know several nights I’m up until 3 - 4am doing Sigil Magick, on this forum, or practicing Tarot.

Anyone (me) IS doing it! Are my skills where I want them to be? No. Are my Raw Occult Powers at a point where I feel pretty confident on Path? No. That’s why I’m willing to put the work in at odd hours when other housemates aren’t around to bother me.

I’m in the learning Cycle. The “all the hard work”. I can’t imagine where I’ll be by the !st of the year friend.

Grow where you are planted…and BEGIN…getting started is always the hardest part.

Be Well!

Thanks, everyone, for the responses. I think the most difficult things for me are focus and visualizing. I have been working on it for years.

Trouble visualizing? Try using your left hand every day. This opens the pathways to your right brain hemisphere, which is the artistic and symbolic side of the mind.

Ok, I just wanted to share that I tried calling Azazel’s name in the mirror in the dark, and got nothing. Really wanted this to work too. :frowning:

A man approaches a Zen Master and asks to be shown the path to enlightenment. The Master replies, “Okay, follow me,” stands up, and walks the man to a nearby river and into the water. Without warning, the Master forces the man’s head under the water and holds it there as he struggles violently for his life, until he is nearly dead. At last the Master pulls the man up, gasping for air, and says, "When you want to be enlightened as badly as you wanted to take your next breath just now, come back and see me.

Yea magick takes more than staring into a mirror saying azazel’s name and expecting him to appear. You need to work on meditation and cultivating the living imagination through visualization, then work on opening sigils and achieving.conscious contact with entities, then work on astral projection and evocation. After that you can do whatever you want and start taking those skills further into mastery

I do all the copywriting, so you are criticizing my work.

Because it’s true.

Unless you have proof otherwise that a particular strand of human genetics is incapable of producing magick results?

Everything is promised to be easy and simple and fast-acting.
Firstly, if you're going to criticize my writing, at least have the dignity of quoting me with accuracy. Don't just use some half-ass fictional paraphrasing.

Secondly, the rituals and techniques that E.A. and Become A Living God teaches are, in fact, the easiest, simplest and fastest-acting you’ll find anywhere on planet Earth.

So even if I never used the words you claimed I did, I still stand by them.

However, once you get the books and read the forum, the reality is that it's really not that simple. You must do A, B, C, etc., first in order to see results.

Yes, this is called pathworking.

Are you really so naive, ill-informed, and work-averse that you thought magick wouldn’t require basic practice?

I confess my writing is fairly bold, but I operate on the assumption that everyone has a moderate level of intelligence, and doesn’t just expect massive success to be handed to them first try.

I'm not some kid who expects things to drop into my lap, but I feel that the ads are deceiving, and the reality check disappointing.

Apparently you do expect a silver bullet, otherwise you wouldn’t have been disappointed and accused my writing of being “deceptive and misleading”.

I find your ignorance and lack of gratitude pathetic and insulting, because Become A Living God, is without question, the MOST TRANSPARENT and user-friendly educational project on magick in existence today.

The disclaimer clearly states “Personal success depends on your work ethic”

I believe the last words of my instructions were “don’t be afraid to fail.” Failure is your greatest teacher, if you know how to use it. How did you fail? Why did you fail? Is there something you could have done differently?

Second is expectation. What exactly did you expect to happen? If you were expecting Hollywood then you’ve doomed yourself to failure. Communicating with Spirits is the art of subtle recognition. Do you know for a fact that the Demon did not show up? If so how. You’ve stated that you cannot visualize, so you wouldn’t have been able to see him. Most likely the ability to hear him was not present either as that seems to be a skill most people have to develop. Often it’s easiest to feel the spirit. So what did you feel? Nothing? Well then you did it wrong. Go back and retrace your steps and try again. This is not a video game, success often takes more than one attempt.

Wow, I didn’t mean to bring out the nasty in people. The quote a few posts up:

“He said by merely calling the name of Azazel you could draw him near.” Along with the other instructions.

I don’t know how this Timothy person came to the conclusion that I was criticizing his writing. I never did, and didn’t even know that he wrote the books. I am most certainly not pathetic. Oh well … shrug

Since I’ve somehow managed to bring out the hatred and ugliness in people in this forum, I promise to NEVER post again. And, no, I’m not looking for a silver bullet. All I wanted was to learn and figure out where I was going wrong. Life is actually very good for me.

• Forever silent -

Tsk tsk…Three cases of “Fuck you guys! I’m going home.” in less than a month.

It’s not that I’m running away, I just didn’t mean to cause problems. Perhaps someday I will meet the perfect mentor.

Dude it hasn’t been 2 hours and you’ve already broken your promise to leave and never post here again.

If you found a perfect mentor would you piss him off as well?

You just wanted to learn and figure out where you’ve gone wrong? You were told, now you’re butt-hurt about it and leaving? That makes sense I guess.

You didn’t cause problems. You had a misunderstanding and presented it in a very offensive manner. The person whom you offended confronted you, and instead of apologizing you ran away.

[quote=“Zecharyah 555, post:19, topic:1211”]Dude it hasn’t been 2 hours and you’ve already broken your promise to leave and never post here again.

If you found a perfect mentor would you piss him off as well?

You just wanted to learn and figure out where you’ve gone wrong? You were told, now you’re butt-hurt about it and leaving? That makes sense I guess.

You didn’t cause problems. You had a misunderstanding and presented it in a very offensive manner. The person whom you offended confronted you, and instead of apologizing you ran away.[/quote]

Of course,I will leave, but also need to defend myself. By the way, DUDE is offensive to me, since my plumbing proves otherwise. I thought this forum was different, but you have proven otherwise. I’ve said what needed to be said. -end of conversation-