I have scoured the bowels of the internet... anyone know of a sigil for Lamashtu?

Sure Lamashtu according to my research is one of the forms of Lilith/Hecate…I will spare the why I ask- perhaps this was the wrong topic to post in- yeah I’ll leave it at that. I could always create my own but my methodology opens the door to more questions- one of which just went off in my head while typing. Unfortunately just one.

1 Like

You could use the cuneiform version of her name. It’s been used for thousands of years and at this point may just as easily be considered a sigil as anything else, perhaps.
There is also this one created by Asenath Mason: Lamashtu | Framed Demon Sigil | Asenath Mason

Yes I found that with ease- hell Wikipedia in fact. It’s something to work around for sure and the Sumerian text could be worked with as a starting point but it in itself just “spelt” out in Sumerian alone doesn’t resonate with me- that’s the key man- does it “call you”. I almost thought of Pazuzu’s inverted and mirrored image- I just thought that may be disrespectful. I don’t wanna be spewing green vomit.

1 Like

And it just dawned on me how in a sense how the stupid last comment/reference was almost disrespectful in its on right. Should need know explanation to the cheesy reference.

1 Like

lol, yeah I get the Exorcist/Pazuzu connection. Hope you find something :slight_smile:

The inverse Pazuzu thought was just as the Mesopotamian culture at hand viewed it- one wards off the other- yet they are one. Still- maybe disrespectful.

1 Like