I have 2 important questions for any successful magicians willing to answer

Magick reads like the science of miracles but sometimes brings disaster to a new magician. To achieve the consistent success in magick that You possess I was wondering about 2 possibilities. 1. To gain the cooperation of dark or light spirits do You first contact that spirits ruler or god and enter a agreement or bond. 2. Did You contact Your high self or superconscious and inform it that it is Your intention to contact powerful spirits through magick and You need its full cooperation and no interference. Your answer will guide many new magicians, Thank You.

1 - No

2 - If you are becoming involved in magic its through the intention of your Higher Self.

I think you are over thinking and scaring yourself.

howdy.

i wouldn’t say i’m successful, and others wouldn’t say i’m a magician, so read into this what you will.

1 - no, as above. experiment and learn for yourself. most spirits are willing to help if you’re willing to put in the hard work, but if you treat them as slaves, they’ll likely kick your ass. when i request assistance, i simply evoke the spirit i feel would be most suitable, tell them what i’m doing and ask them to help me reach my desired outcome. sometimes they’ll give me advice, but if i’m putting in a decent amount of effort, they’re happy to be a part of it. if they refuse, don’t push it. name dropping in magic won’t get you far, and agreements are up to the individual. i name what i am willing to offer the spirit (if anything), and tell them straight up that if it isn’t good enough, they’re free to leave and not help me out. i’m courteous with my offerings, but at the end of the day it’s non-negotiable.

2 - i am my higher self. that’s just how awesome i am. aside from that, no, i just do what i like. if my conscience is okay with it (really, honestly), then it’s all good. if there’s any doubt, then i’ve sabotaged my efforts from the outset. i mean, if your higher self was going to interfere with your work, do you really think a stern talking-to is going to change its mind? do what you know is right based on your own moral compass. that’s how your higher self communicates most of the time, anyhow.

just treat magic with respect and the spirits as you would yourself. use common sense, and as soundwave said, stop over thinking things.

kind regards, james.

James,
I agree with most of your post, but I have heard E.A. say many times you should not be in a this for that relationship, they like to act and that is reward enough, however making an offering as a gift wold be different, but doing this for the Demon so s/he will do that for you, is getting taken advantage of.

[quote=“Soundwave, post:2, topic:795”]1 - No

2 - If you are becoming involved in magic its through the intention of your Higher Self.

I think you are over thinking and scaring yourself.[/quote] Thank You Soundwave for answering my question. The question comes from something that has been eating me for a long time, from experience, not from my imagination.

[quote=“tiberius_james, post:3, topic:795”]howdy.

i wouldn’t say i’m successful, and others wouldn’t say i’m a magician, so read into this what you will.

1 - no, as above. experiment and learn for yourself. most spirits are willing to help if you’re willing to put in the hard work, but if you treat them as slaves, they’ll likely kick your ass. when i request assistance, i simply evoke the spirit i feel would be most suitable, tell them what i’m doing and ask them to help me reach my desired outcome. sometimes they’ll give me advice, but if i’m putting in a decent amount of effort, they’re happy to be a part of it. if they refuse, don’t push it. name dropping in magic won’t get you far, and agreements are up to the individual. i name what i am willing to offer the spirit (if anything), and tell them straight up that if it isn’t good enough, they’re free to leave and not help me out. i’m courteous with my offerings, but at the end of the day it’s non-negotiable.

2 - i am my higher self. that’s just how awesome i am. aside from that, no, i just do what i like. if my conscience is okay with it (really, honestly), then it’s all good. if there’s any doubt, then i’ve sabotaged my efforts from the outset. i mean, if your higher self was going to interfere with your work, do you really think a stern talking-to is going to change its mind? do what you know is right based on your own moral compass. that’s how your higher self communicates most of the time, anyhow.

just treat magic with respect and the spirits as you would yourself. use common sense, and as soundwave said, stop over thinking things.

kind regards, james.[/quote] Thank You TIBERIUS JAMES for answering my question with Your personal experience. You must be doing very well, I admire that.

jakob, i don’t bribe daemons, angels or anybody else.

i’m not being taken advantage of. if you have a guest in your home, it’s polite to offer them a drink and a place to sit. they’re not taking advantage of you if you’ve invited them in.

entities i summon are guests, as far as i am concerned. i am not forcing them to be there, and while they are over, i expect them to behave in an appropriate manner. to that end, i offer them some decent alcohol (something i would be willing to drink myself, which ends up being expensive absinthe, bourbon etc. i won’t buy cheap stuff for spirits and save the good stuff for myself), incense of whatever sort (again, stuff i like, so reasonably expensive like copal and frankincense), and whatever else i feel like. maybe chocolates.

if the spirit does not agree to assist me, i invite them to enjoy the refreshments i have provided, leave the incense to burn itself out, and find another spirit with which to work.

yes, the work itself provides them with an opportunity to exert their own Will so long as it does not impede on my own goals, but i also want to extend any human courtesies which i feel are socially appropriate. they may not apply to the spirit realm, but the motivation is the same.

i can’t say this aides evocation or manifestation, but it makes me feel good to know that i have catered for the needs of my guest, and that alone puts myself at ease, thus easing the experience overall. if my guests are impolite or disruptive, i ask them to leave and inform them that i will be reluctant to work with them at any time in the future. in fact, i usually tell them so straight up (i.e, house rules). if they ever come back with a “this-for-that” bargain (aside from a formal pact), i politely refuse and remind them that what i have offered them is all that they will get, as a courtesy, aside from their benefiting from the work itself.

so far, i’ve never had a spirit refuse.

kind regards, james.