I fucking hate myself

Fight, fight for what you have. Find sovereignty. Find yourself.

4 Likes

The sun will shine again no worries what happens after a rainy day?
You get a sunny day.

3 Likes

All of life is made of crests and crashes, like waves on the ocean. Sometimes you can affect the tide and sometimes you can’t, but you can almost always be sure that even if the crashes are beating you down right now, a crest will eventually come and lift you back up again. No bad situation is endless or unchangeable.

Self-loathing is unfortunately very common in the world, and it really shouldn’t be. If you pay attention and watch…you’ll realize that you’re doing just as good a job of existing as most of the human population. Very few, if any of us are immune to self-doubt, self-blame, or set-backs.

1 Like

St. Pope John XXIII, “Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.”

8 Likes

Why? Don’t hate yourself. You can’t help because sometimes it’s not your place. Everyone is on their own path… and that’s okay. Things happen people make mistakes. It’s going to be okay don’t worry.

1 Like

Right first up: if you (or anyone else reading this thread) are having thoughts of hurting yourself, it’s important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help, such as a crisis helpline in your country. Please visit this link to find the appropriate number:

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call your local emergency number or go to your local hospital emergency room right away. If you are unsure of the right number to call, please visit this link and call the number next to the country where you are located:

If that seems too much to handle, consider joining this group that offers non-judgmental peer-support if you think it will be supportive:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/

This might also help, if you can’t talk to anyone right now, no matter how supportive:

If you are not sure what to do and all of that’s too heavy, try looking for a meetup group in your area, or any social thing to take you out of the house and meet some new people.

WE care about you and offline connections and people to talk to also matter. :heart:

4 Likes

Some pretty good links from that reddit btw:

3 Likes

Hahaha… “Best friend” my ass. I had one before. Just to find out she only thinks about herself and nothing else :upside_down_face:.
It’s when times are rough you know who really care for ya.

Oh well sorry for the vent, haha. May luck be with you.

Whatever happens, you have to understand that you have to hold yourself together and have the knowledge that you have all the power you need to move on and ride the waves.

There are people in worse situations who have survived, and I wouldn’t say that they’re stronger or better than you.

1 Like

You feeling better?

1 Like

Yeah

3 Likes

We all have things we need help with sometimes. I come here as a refuge. I have had 24 hours break from someone in 15 years. Yes I have work and things I have had to do which give me time away but not a break. I would get a call at lunch, straight after work, they started calling me while driving to and from work. They don’t seem to grasp the concept of needing a break.

1 Like

Maybe that’s where it all come from self hatred, start by loving yourself and you will treat people better. That does not mean you have to let people walk all over you, such as enemies, but when you love yourself you treat those who treat you good better, because when your happy, you want others to be happy

2 Likes

All though the thought and philosophical meaning of that sentence is sweet and all, it’s really getting tiresome to always get that tip when depressed. You can treat people with utmost respect and you wouldn’t hurt a fly, and you can do that perfectly fine without loving yourself just as much.

The deepest form of love, as I see it, is when you love someone more than you love yourself. That’s removing of the ego, a sacrifice for the sake of love, something you could risk your own life to preserve it.

4 Likes

Your wizardforums.com childish toxicity is showing.

@dagar, hang in there, mate. I know life can suck sometimes, but you have to endure it. What you’re experience is only momentary. Don’t depend on people; hit the gym; and make small steps each day to improve your life.

6 Likes

I think there are a couple matters here that can be easily resolved.
I agree with @Lady_Eva on RHP and suicidal ideation, simply in the matter of time, power, and results.
Going more toward the LHP turned me around a bit.
I was being brutally honest with myself on external but not internal views. I’d lost passion and will. I was considering suicide, but made a call to the suicide hotline instead.
Don’t let it win.

Reconcile friends and foes, and healing are found among the LHP.

3 Likes

I see where your coming from, the person did not give enough information. They did say they hated themselves, I never meant that they did not have problems, but self love, you can be motivated to fix problems and I did not mean narcissism I agree with making self sacrifice for others, the person could be arrogant I do not know. But you want to improve anything its begins with yourself.

1 Like

I can agree with the self love thing, as self-compassion. Depression and Suicide Ideation is often anger turned inwards. Something that has helped me in the past, is to listen to the negative things I’ve said to myself as if I were a third party in my own head. I imagine that the part of me being berated is someone else, maybe even a puppy or a child, and the part doing the berating is a bullying bitch. I interject and confront that bitch, shut her down. Then I consider what I was ragging on myself about and I ask myself if I would be so disgusted or ready to rant at someone else who had done exactly what I did. I usually find that I would not, and that my actions were acceptable and would have been reasonable for anyone to do. I realize deep in every part of my flawed psyche that hating myself was unreasonable.

It’s a lot of introspection to do, but the process might be able to help others dealing with self-anger or those who criticize themselves too hard.

2 Likes

Of course it begins with ourselves. But just as much as we have to be humble to ourselves, we sometimes have to be more humble to others. We can’t move forward with a “fuck you”-attitude to get wherever we want to go with our lives, and it’s easier to put the entire responsibility on the person who is depressed. Sometimes, some of us can’t even move forward, despite doing everything in our power to love and appreciate ourselves for who we are. Maybe these people are missing something else in their lives. Someone who sees them. Someone who acknowledge them, and appreciate them. You can be the happiest self loving person in the world, but if you don’t have friends or a social network, there’s limits in getting further.

I would also add that the state of hopelessness is what finalize the decision to give up on life. Once we reach that state within a depression, the decision is often - not always - cemented.

1 Like

@dagar Listen dude, i’ve seen you on here and you try your best, now my advice for you is do even better than that, wake up every morning and try and be better than who you were yesterday, your enemy is yourself, your role model should be yourself.

Sometimes magick doesn’t cut it, there’s a way to make sure magick can help by strengthening and working more on your craft.

I ain’t joking about anything because i lost a friend and a cousin and another friend to suicide and i don’t miss them, i hate them, i hate that they chose the easy way out.

Nothing is impossible trust me, i know. You have made a mistake and now you learn from it thats the path of evolution.

3 Likes