"I evoke a garden fairy!"

Can calling out to a category of spirit be effective even without knowing their sigil or specific name?

Example. A garden fairy. “I evoke a garden fairy!” - Garden Fairy arrives.

1 Like

You might not “evoke” them as in, they’ll manifest and start talking, but you’ll get their attention.

6 Likes

You’re the most helpful person online. Thanks.

4 Likes

How do you do fairly work I work like to work with some fairy

From my knowledge the Fae have a whole separate set of customs and etiquette to follow. It can vary widely for different types and individuals. In general they are VERY sensitive and easily offended, tread cautiously and when in doubt use a soft respectful tone. They can be very shy and generally it’s a tit for tat exchange. They seem to adore sweets and milk based products, honey, cream, etc. Start your own garden, sit in nature, pay close attention to your feelings. If you feel unwelcome be respectful and leave.

7 Likes

It probably doesn’t fit most people’s definition of evocation, but an outburst of positive energy and good humor is exactly how one gets the attention of a fairy.

3 Likes

But a moment’s caution. If you walk into the bus station, focus yourself, and shout, “I want a brown haired human!” you will likely get the attention of a brown haired human. But that may not be the most positive or useful experience. Probably want to line up your putt a bit more, like say why you would like to talk to the Fairy and what’s in it for them.

2 Likes

I’ve always heard that simply leaving areas of your garden fallow and unweeded and dedicating it directly and vocally as a Faery garden, leaving offerings there and not pulling the weeds they want to be there, that it will attract them. Talking to them is a whole nother ballgame and I don’t really know how to get there from here.

I have also read recently, that you can bring Faeries into the world similarly to the way others have brought through new demons. Faery births involve active ritual sex between two humans (a woman on her menses and a man mediating a Faery spirit) with the intent of providing the energy necessary for the birthing. Afterwards, the new entity needs an anchor in the physical world with eyes (statue or painting). Or so says J. McCarthy.