I don't know if i can stick around here

Honestly i dont know how much longer I can stick around here, there’s alot more threads on things that im so close to its even personal. I came here to learn a little, and i did i even found some nice people, alot of you are great. But then there are others who just don’t understand how certain creatures have feelings, wants, and needs. Then just cast them aside or try to lock them away or take the very freedom they originally granted and throw it back. Its not that i think this is a bad place, infact i really like alot of people here (*^-^) its just that i find myself reading things that really bother me or leave me crying and, Though i enjoy this place i just don’t Know what to do about it. I just wasn’t expecting this many threads on certain subjects and how attached id actually be to them.

Also, im sorry for not going into details on which subjects in particular but I would like to keep things like that a little more to myself so i can feel a little safer.

2 Likes

I take this place as work place. I say coming here is like going to work. Just like in real life work, there’s people and ideas and rules and beliefs that you don’t like, but still you need to go, be there and get the job done. Of course there’ll be people, ideas, beliefs, rules that you like and agree with. But is not home. You can make friends and all but essentially is a work place.
Anyways this is how I see because I get what you mean. There’s a lot of things here that bothers me. I just ignore threads that I don’t like or don’t agree or know it won’t do me well. I focus on those that I have something to say, sharing my experience or giving some advice based on my knowledge, or just state my opinion. The thing is do what we do or should do in real life, ignore things that don’t do you well, focus on the good things.
And maybe see here as a work place that will help you with your magik, gain experience and knowledge. Like a book you have to read for college/high school to learn something. Of course if things get too overwhelming don’t push, take a break from here and come back later. There’s a way of deactivate your account for a while and than come back whenever you want to.
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I have to say this is good advice, Im really happy you weren’t just some random person saying something along the lines of “well if you don’t like it then go away.” I really do appreciate this feedback and looking at it like that actually makes me think that this can definitely be palatable and a good place I just need to be in a different mindset or come back when ive calmed down some :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s called “freedom of speech” and it’s the freedom which underlies all others. :+1:

We do have to have some rules, but we strive to preserve that right to say things someone else may not like to the absolute maximum amount possible.

You will never learn, develop, and evolve if you stay inside an echo chamber and never have dearly held beliefs challenged. :smiley:

4 Likes

I definitely understand people have the right to say what they want, it’d just be ridiculous if they couldn’t haha. I’m pretty sure the main problem i seem to be having is keeping my feelings in check for sure. I have alot to learn and I just in the end need to find a better way to focus on the right things. I guess I just didn’t really prepare myself well enough for what to expect and my emotions took over a little. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You can mute people, threads, and entire sections on this forum. Just be stronger. Just learn to ignore people.

5 Likes

Oh wow, i didn’t know you could mute things here. Thank you!

2 Likes

People have different opinions and different ways they work. Our path is unique and different for almost every single one of us. We’re not a cult for everyone to have the same point of view and ways. Instead we support and respect individualism and each other’s path, even if we don’t agree always with everyone. Just because I don’t agree with you for example, that doesn’t mean you are wrong and I’m right.
You can always of course make your own threads or post replies under someone else’s thread to express your view. Constructive and respectful criticism is and should always be welcomed. If someone doesn’t want to be (respectfully) criticised than the problem is on him/her and not you.
Yet remember that criticism and insults/being disrespectful/harassment/preaching dogmas are very very different things and also against the forum rules. So if you feel at any point that someone is getting out of line, don’t forget you can always report that person.

3 Likes

Perhaps look into learning to shield yourself.

It sounds like you are very sensitive and this forum can have some intense energies flying around sometimes. Some individual members have strong energy that can be felt in their posts as well, so learning to shield can help to prevent a lot of the emotional blowback you might encounter from certain topics.

8 Likes

…which includes the right to “not like to the absolute maximum amount possible”, and that’s going full circle of the promotion of “freedom of speech”. :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve been known to be sensitive at times for sure. Aside from the Bipolar :grimacing:, im a pretty emotional thinker and person. In all honesty its probably going to be one of my harder things to work on, which is why i enjoy this particular feed back. Its a reminder to me about the things i should be trying to better as well as working on new things :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Purple has a great tutorial on basic energy work like shielding that you should read.

If you are really sensitive to energies, shielding will help you. I was like you when I was young. Certain things would just cause me to burst into tears for no reason because of the emotional impact.

4 Likes

I believe thats the second time ive been told about that tutorial, woops (;ŏ﹏ŏ). Haha, I shourd really get on that.

2 Likes

TMW You’re sensitive AF

2 Likes

Uh. Yep, yep i am. Thank you for your helpful words.

2 Likes

Regardless of the sensitivity. I’m sorry to hear that you cry whilst reading certain stuff within the forum.

I’d recommend that you practice shielding along with some deep breathing, if you feel intense feelings surging within you then just visualize the feeling and just let it go like water. I hope this helps, if you want to vent/talk then I’ll be around. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

It’s about not preaching, nor moralising, nor trying to derail someone’s own posts just because the other person doesn’t share their worldview, personal values, or beliefs about the nature of spirits, as far as this forum goes.

We don’t discuss (human) tyranny because there is as of Sept 2018 a ban on political posting, and human tyranny almost always ends up being about politics in some form.

White-magick forums tend to allow a small clique to go around silencing anyone who deviates from a narrow script. We don’t roll that way here: you can adore demons, fuck them, hang out and share a brewski with them, command them, bind them, imprison them, profane them, even hate and despise them, or simply believe they don’t exist.

• We manage this balancing act not through commanding a mindset (by which I mean we don’t have a rule of “thou shalt respect” - respect is an internal state, aka, thought-policing) but simply through requiring courteous interactions.

I explained that rule to you in PM. It’s an admin rule, no wiggle room. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Shes not crying for no reason.

Who, what, where? :thinking:

Im done speaking about this.
See you on tbe other threads.

Thank yoi.