I died for 2 minutes

When I was less than a year old I took really sick. Pneumonia, whooping cough, etc.

For 2 minutes, I had stopped breathing. When they checked me for a pulse, there was nothing. For 2 whole minutes I was gone.

Out of nowhere, I started crying and screaming like you do when you’re first born.

They even called a code blue (something they announce over the intercom when a patient passes away) on me at the hospital.

After 2 minutes of nothing, I came back.

Anyone ever hear of similar cases? If so, do you believe this can have some kind of traumatic effect?

1 Like

My brother was dead for the first 30 minutes of his life. I was there to witness it too.

I myself always get pneumonia, asthma attacks and such and well, nothing really new.

I had a near death experience and some things just changed. I fell into the path of white magic. Now i’m in the middle path.

When I was about 7 years old, I had my tonsils taken out. According to what I was told, I died on the operating table, but was quickly revived. My experience of being on the other side was definitely not traumatic. It was very peaceful. Initially, I felt like I was falling. The sense of falling slowly gives way to a sense that I was floating. It felt very comfortable. There was no sense of fear, it wasn’t too hot or too cold, just a sense of peace. What stood out the most from being on the other side was how slow my thought process was. I clearly remember my thoughts moving slowly like molasses. It seemed to take half way to forever to complete a single thought. As time went on, I felt that I was moving towards something. A little time later, I felt heavy, then sleepy, and later woke up in the recovery room.

As a consequence, I don’t fear death. Death is just the beginning to another adventure.

[quote=“Judge Dredd, post:1, topic:2892”]When I was less than a year old I took really sick. Pneumonia, whooping cough, etc.

For 2 minutes, I had stopped breathing. When they checked me for a pulse, there was nothing. For 2 whole minutes I was gone.

Out of nowhere, I started crying and screaming like you do when you’re first born.

They even called a code blue (something they announce over the intercom when a patient passes away) on me at the hospital.

Anyone ever hear of similar cases? If so, do you believe this can have some kind of traumatic effect?[/quote]

Why would this have a traumatic effect on you? You were too young to remember it and would have no idea it occurred without someone telling you about it. I’m not trying to lessen what happened but I don’t see how this could traumatize you.

It can have an effect on how you were treated by others. My sister was very I’ll as a child and we were told not to expect her to live past 8, doctors told us she could be fine one minute and die the next. My family bent over backwards for her and tried to make her life as great as possible. She eventually overcame the health problems and is for all intents normal except now she feels entitled and that everything should just be given to her.

An event in one’s life can definitely shape them be it from the trauma or others reaction to it.

Was that not the most terrible thing ever? That description is close enough to that god awful slow feeling in childhood night terrors to give me goosebumps.

Some good descriptions of that slowness in this thread
http://www.dreamviews.com/nightmares-recurring-dreams/29794-geometric-night-terrors-%40-fever-dreams.html

[QUOTE]
But the worst thing was that they moved, or SOMETHING was moving, agonizingly slow. It was almost like sleep paralisis, only it was slowness. Now it may have been slow, but it was so powerfull, so relentless, it seemed to tear at my sanity.[/quote]

[quote=“Judge Dredd, post:1, topic:2892”]When I was less than a year old I took really sick. Pneumonia, whooping cough, etc.

Anyone ever hear of similar cases? If so, do you believe this can have some kind of traumatic effect?[/quote]

Died for 2 minutes,
Endured traumatic and unexplained spinal injury

I remember the feeling coming back into my body was like that shit they show you in Avatar the movie when they enter into the avatar, except I kept flashing through my memories that happened in weeks, days, prior and then the day, and then I woke up vomiting probably because of all the ammonia they had been waving in front of my nose and had to refuse being taken to the hospital because I knew exactly what caused it, and that this was an occult injury I had acquired. My family came and got me, and showed me how to fix my problem with Chinese Medicine.

Best of Luck
-Frater Apotheosis

It happened to me 9 years ago on an operating table. I was was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy and urgently needed lapriscopic surgery as quickly as possible. Unfortunately I had eaten breakfast before I had been diagnosed so I had to wait 6 hours before I could have the surgery. During that time there was a rupture and when they went in to do the fairly simple 25 minute procedure, it turned into an emergency. They had to take all of my internal organs out of my body. :confused:

Apparently I died on the table with all my insides on the outside. It took 30 minutes to bring me back. The entire surgery ended up taking 9 hours.
They kept me in a medically induced coma for 10 hours because they didnt want me to move at all so my organs could settle etc. The next day when I woke up in recovery,
I had absolutely NO CLUE that more than 24 hours had passed, let alone that I died.

According to my Mama (my spiritual teacher, my path is Haitian Vodou) during divination, one of my Bawon said that the Bawon Samedi and Manman Brijit refused to dig my grave. :slight_smile:
Apparently I had not had a chance to decide if I wanted to fulfill my z’etoile (like destiny) so I was given another chance.

If the Bawon won’t dig your grave, you aint going anywhere. He is a good guy to go to when people are very ill.

1 Like

Wow! A lot of your experiences make mine seem so minimal.

And when I asked if it could have a “traumatic” effect, maybe that’s not the right word to use.

I don’t mean traumatic as in it haunts you for the rest of your life.

I just mean can it subconsciously or consciously affect YOU. Your thought process, you perspective on the world, your desires, etc.

I’m not haunted by the experience, not at all. I don’t even have a real recollection of the event. At least to the best of my knowledge it’s not a real recollection, it feels more like a dream.

Then again… As I got older I had more and more “out of body” experiences.

During my depressed high school years it would feel at times like I wasn’t in my body any more. As if I was hovering behind, watching over my shoulder as everything happened.

Those experiences are linked to the hollow sensation that overwhelms me every now and then. Even now it still happens. I’ve learned to make it happen when ever I want it to. I need to slow my heart rate enough. The hollow sensation doesn’t come until after I’ve actually left my body.

And that’s what the memory/dream was like.

I don’t remember lying on the table dying. I remember seeing it happen from a third person point of view.

Yes, I knew what you meant :slight_smile: And it did deeply affect me. I know this sounds a bit weird but I believe my ti bon anj connected with those Entities during my ummm dead time. (although how did was I? is the question I always ask myself. I must have still had full brain function because I did not permanently lose any faculties lol)

But yes. It changed me. Lots of people recognised it too. Not in a bad way, or even a good way. I was just… different afterwards.

1 Like